Senator Graham announces bipartisan deal to trample on gun rights

Preacher

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2015
Georgia Mountains
Lindsey Graham announces bipartisan deal on 'red flag' gun laws - Washington Times

Sickening and unconstitutional. ANYONE can claim you are sick or threatening to them including a family member that's mad at you or a cop who just doesn't like you or someone who doesn't like your political views. Trump supports this crap.

You support Trump, YOU support THIS! Time to start stockpiling and when and if some LEO shows up on my property well damn all my guns had a boating accident!

Graham is the squirmiest little snot nosed weasel in Congress right now. Grants for others to do this. If you believed in it, do it yourself.

He wants to argue "It wasn't me that took your rights away, it was that guy over there". (that Lindsey funded)

Lindsey Graham announces bipartisan deal on 'red flag' gun laws - Washington Times

Sickening and unconstitutional. ANYONE can claim you are sick or threatening to them including a family member that's mad at you or a cop who just doesn't like you or someone who doesn't like your political views. Trump supports this crap.

You support Trump, YOU support THIS! Time to start stockpiling and when and if some LEO shows up on my property well damn all my guns had a boating accident!
I can see why this would be of concern for you.

Should concern ANYONE who believes in the Constitution. Guess we just determined where you stand on the constitution

Should concern ANYONE who believes in the Constitution. Guess we just determined where you stand on the constitution

It would depend on the specifics. Don't take this wrong. I think some of the things mentioned go too far BUT one can Constitutionally remove a persons rights through due process.

It would depend on the specifics. Don't take this wrong. I think some of the things mentioned go too far BUT one can Constitutionally remove a persons rights through due process.
Red Flag laws don't do that. They take the guns THEN you go to court to try and convince them you aren't a threat to anyone...that's not due process but we all know what Trump said on this.

I'm more concerned with being caught in the wrong place at the wrong time when you finally snap.

Red Flag laws don't do that. They take the guns THEN you go to court to try and convince them you aren't a threat to anyone...that's not due process but we all know what Trump said on this.

Some of them do. I do not agree with not being able to represent yourself in a hearing but that is not all these kinds of laws do. It's why I said I would need to see exactly what is being proposed.

I'm more concerned with being caught in the wrong place at the wrong time when you finally snap.
Then you should arm yourself. Why in any situation if you're concerned about a shooter would you ever disarm yourself.

Some of them do. I do not agree with not being able to represent yourself in a hearing but that is not all these kinds of laws do. It's why I said I would need to see exactly what is being proposed.
Nothing being proposed is you getting a court date before you get a swat visit.

It's a stupid idea, but Republicans dug their own grave. I've argued for years that supporting a liberal Democrat, recently turned "Republican" for President was one of the silliest things I've seen in politics. You really wanted this guy. He was going to drain the swamp. Then he proposes the idea a day after the massacres, and the swamp immediately agrees. Have a good 2-6 more years, rubes.

Then you should arm yourself. Why in any situation if you're concerned about a shooter would you ever disarm yourself.
Okay. I still prefer he be disarmed. That puts me in the best position.

Graham believes surrendering to Satan-worshipping Antifa Assassin's preferred political party is a 'win' in this situation....

Perfect, so any pissed off domestic partner who might be inclined to make a false report just to spite the other person would now have the ability to potentially interfere with that person's 2nd Amendment rights. I can just see how this would play out over time. Someone gets into a heated argument, and the next thing you know they're being hailed for a government ordered psychiatric evaluation and a cop shows up with a temporary confiscation order pending the psychiatric review.

Laws like this, by their nature, end up being designated for enforcement to local administrative bodies, making them extremely prone to arbitrary and capricious enforcement. Sure, there would have to be a right to appeal to a court of competent jurisdiction, but that takes a long time, cost a lot of money, and one would be deprived of the possession of their property (and their 2nd Amendment rights) during that process. Meanwhile it could take a decade before it got up to SCOTUS to either declare it unconstitutional or frame the limitations on its enforcement.

Last edited:

That makes you an idiot. It's against the law to kill people. And you think a gun law is going to stop that? You can prefer anything you want. Reality is going to kick your ass,

Nothing being proposed is you getting a court date before you get a swat visit.

Yes there are. Not all things do. Besides, all that is being proposed here is money for others to do the dirty work.

The country is PISSED OFF this time...the Rat Media playing it up for all it's worth. So maybe there are enough AR-15s out there for the time being. Smart gun stores will stop stocking them until this blows over, but a couple more of these massacres and watch out....the GOP won't throw away their power so some yahoo can buy a pretend-assault rifle.

That makes you an idiot. It's against the law to kill people. And you think a gun law is going to stop that? You can prefer anything you want. Reality is going to kick your ass,
Stop it? no. But it makes it less likely that I will have to use a gun in self defense.

Didn't I see you as Jack Black's trailer park daddy in the Movie "Mars Attacks"

Forum List

Back