Senate GOP to Homeless Vets: "Deal with it!"

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
VetVoice:: Senate GOP to Homeless Vets: "Deal with it!"

Yesterday, Senator Patty Murray requested unanimous consent on the Homeless Women Veterans and Homeless Veterans with Children Act, a bill she has sponsored that would provide aid to those who have served there country but find themselves with no place to sleep at night.

The days are long gone when I was surprised that Republicans in Washington wouldn't stand up for Vets, but this is a whole new level. Senate Republicans actually objected to and stood as a road block for providing aid to our Nation's heroes that are living on the streets, even those with children:

Coburn's objection (by the way, what a coward that he couldn't even do his dirty work for himself) to the funding is a farce. During all the years of deficit spending on wars in the Bush Administration that created this new generation of combat Veterans, I never heard a word from Tom Coburn regarding the effect on the deficit. Now, suddenly that's a problem.

S. 1237: Homeless Veterans and Other Veterans Health Care Authorities Act of 2010 (GovTrack.us)

A bill to amend title 38, United States Code, to expand the grant program for homeless veterans with special needs to include male homeless veterans with minor dependents and to establish a grant program for reintegration of homeless women veterans and homeless veterans with children, and for other purposes.

Coburn and McConnell have no problem with voting to send men and women off to die in war, however, they sure do seem to have a problem with giving them a helping hand once they return home from serving. Disgusting.

Coburn and McConnell have no problem with voting to send men and women off to die in war, however, they sure do seem to have a problem with giving them a helping hand once they return home from serving. Disgusting.

VetVoice:: Senate GOP to Homeless Vets: "Deal with it!"

Yesterday, Senator Patty Murray requested unanimous consent on the Homeless Women Veterans and Homeless Veterans with Children Act, a bill she has sponsored that would provide aid to those who have served there country but find themselves with no place to sleep at night.

The days are long gone when I was surprised that Republicans in Washington wouldn't stand up for Vets, but this is a whole new level. Senate Republicans actually objected to and stood as a road block for providing aid to our Nation's heroes that are living on the streets, even those with children:

Coburn's objection (by the way, what a coward that he couldn't even do his dirty work for himself) to the funding is a farce. During all the years of deficit spending on wars in the Bush Administration that created this new generation of combat Veterans, I never heard a word from Tom Coburn regarding the effect on the deficit. Now, suddenly that's a problem.

S. 1237: Homeless Veterans and Other Veterans Health Care Authorities Act of 2010 (GovTrack.us)

A bill to amend title 38, United States Code, to expand the grant program for homeless veterans with special needs to include male homeless veterans with minor dependents and to establish a grant program for reintegration of homeless women veterans and homeless veterans with children, and for other purposes.

:lol: ModRetardBert is such a partisan hack he doesn't bother checking facts

On May 24, 2007, the US Senate voted 80–14 to fund the war in Iraq. Coburn voted nay.[15] On October 1, 2007, the Senate voted 92–3 to fund the war in Iraq. Coburn voted nay.[16] In February 2008, Coburn said, "I will tell you personally that I think it was probably a mistake going to Iraq

Tom Coburn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

McConnell did vote for the funding though.

On May 24, 2007, the US Senate voted 80–14 to fund the war in Iraq. Coburn voted nay.[15] On October 1, 2007, the Senate voted 92–3 to fund the war in Iraq. Coburn voted nay.[16] In February 2008, Coburn said, "I will tell you personally that I think it was probably a mistake going to Iraq

He wasn't in office when the vote in 2003 took place, but he would of voted it. Also, the War in Iraq is not the only war we are fighting.

The first person ever on record mauled by a bear in KY a couple of days ago.

Alas it was not Mitch, Bush's Bitch.

He wasn't in office when the vote in 2003 took place, but he would of voted it. Also, the War in Iraq is not the only war we are fighting.

so let me get this straight, the two times he did vote he said nay, but your claim is that in 2003 he would have done differently and voted for? :lol:

look, here's another war funding bill he opposes

Tom Coburn Will Filibuster War Funding Unless It’s Paid For | FDL Action

By the way the 2007 bill also funded Afghanistan, so he voted against funding that war to. OOPS

House, Senate pass war funding bill - CNN.com

Bertrice , you seriously need to learn to say the words "I was wrong" since you are so often.

so let me get this straight, the two times he did vote he said nay, but your claim is that in 2003 he would have done differently and voted for? :lol:

By the way the 2007 bill also funded Afghanistan, so he voted against funding that war to. OOPS

House, Senate*pass war funding bill - CNN.com

Bertrice , you seriously need to learn to say the words "I was wrong" since you are so often.

Plenty of Republicans ran in favor of the Iraq War before they were against it. Same thing for Afghanistan. He has no problem with sending troops on moral reasons, he just wants to make sure it's paid for. You should read your own article.

Plenty of Republicans ran in favor of the Iraq War before they were against it. Same thing for Afghanistan. He has no problem with sending troops on moral reasons, he just wants to make sure it's paid for. You should read your own article.

Who cares what his reasoning is? You spread the lie that he voted for the funding of the war. He did not. It's that simple. Can you admit it? Can you say " I was wrong , Coburn did NOT vote for the funding of the wars?" You disgustingly dishonest piece of shit.

By the way, you are correct he wants to be able to pay for things, he's financially conservative, so would it be fair to say that it's at least possible that he'd be in favor of helping homeless vets IF we had the money to fund it?

Who cares what his reasoning is? You spread the lie that he voted for the funding of the war. He did not. It's that simple. Can you admit it? Can you say " I was wrong , Coburn did NOT vote for the funding of the wars?" You disgustingly dishonest piece of shit.

By the way, you are correct he wants to be able to pay for things, he's financially conservative, so would it be fair to say that it's at least possible that he'd be in favor of helping homeless vets IF we had the money to fund it?

Where did I say that? You're going to have to show me where I said he voted for funding. Here's what I said:

Coburn and McConnell have no problem with voting to send men and women off to die in war

He has no problem with doing so, he just wants it paid first.

And considering his position on the government and what it should do, not sure if he'd be in favor of helping homeless vets. I would certainly hope so and would like to believe he would.

is every republican against this bill? its says GOP....or is it only the two and of of whom is against ANY bill that adds to the deficit, so in reality, he isn't against it because of vets, rather, his principle regarding deficit, thus making the OP a lie....

Wow... a vet org linked to MediaMatters and Huffington Post?

Next....

Ah there we go. Attack the source but not address the actual content. Or are you going to deny that this ever took place and the video is a sham? :cuckoo:

is every republican against this bill? its says GOP....or is it only the two and of of whom is against ANY bill that adds to the deficit, so in reality, he isn't against it because of vets, rather, his principle regarding deficit, thus making the OP a lie....

OP isn't a lie. Also, Mitch McConnell is the Republican Leader.

Mitch McConnell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

22nd United States Senate Minority Leader
Incumbent
Assumed office
January 3, 2007
Deputy Trent Lott (2007)
Jon Kyl (2007–)
Preceded by Harry Reid

Where did I say that? You're going to have to show me where I said he voted for funding. Here's what I said:

Coburn and McConnell have no problem with voting to send men and women off to die in war

He has no problem with doing so, he just wants it paid first.

And considering his position on the government and what it should do, not sure if he'd be in favor of helping homeless vets. I would certainly hope so and would like to believe he would.

Yep, that is what you said, and it's a LIE modbertie, obviously Coburn DID have a problem with voting for it, hence he DIDN'T.

So Bert, we have two possible scenarios here either

A) You're one of those idiots who thinks that Congress has to vote to send troops out every time

or

B) You didn't realize Coburn voted AGAINST the funding

I think you're a lying partisan fuck, but I do not think you're an idiot. So that scratches A from the possibilities and only leaves B , that you didn't realize Coburn voted against the funding and now you're trying to backtrack.

No big deal that you made a misstatement, hell everyone gets their facts wrong on here at times, but it's stupid to keep plowing on like you weren't wrong when you have been proven to be. I will no longer address the issue with you. You're wrong, and once agian too big of a pussy to ever say so.

Fucking pussy.

Why does Coburn hate our troops so much that he is willing to deprive them of the very things they need while over there bravely serving our country and defending HIS rights?

PussyBert can't even admit he was wrong about Coburn voting to fund the wars, which he never did. PussyBert is no better than Sangha or Curved. Point out a lie and he just twists and turns.

I at least thought PussyBert was an honest liberal fuck, but nope

Why does Coburn hate our troops so much that he is willing to deprive them of the very things they need while over there bravely serving our country and defending HIS rights?

strawman.png

Yep, that is what you said, and it's a LIE modbertie, obviously Coburn DID have a problem with voting for it, hence he DIDN'T.

So Bert, we have two possible scenarios here either

A) You're one of those idiots who thinks that Congress has to vote to send troops out every time

or

B) You didn't realize Coburn voted AGAINST the funding

I think you're a lying partisan fuck, but I do not think you're an idiot. So that scratches A from the possibilities and only leaves B , that you didn't realize Coburn voted against the funding and now you're trying to backtrack.

No big deal that you made a misstatement, hell everyone gets their facts wrong on here at times, but it's stupid to keep plowing on like you weren't wrong when you have been proven to be. I will no longer address the issue with you. You're wrong, and once agian too big of a pussy to ever say so.

Fucking pussy.

I'm merely pointing out that I never said Coburn voted for Funding. I merely pointed out that he voted against funding for fiscal reasons, not moral reasons. There is a difference Conhog.

I'm more than willing to admit my error that I didn't know he voted against the funding, however you have to be honest enough to admit that was never my argument in the first place. Now, do you mind manning up on your end and stop derailing this thread with a petty argument that could of been handled in PMs?

OP isn't a lie. Also, Mitch McConnell is the Republican Leader.

Mitch McConnell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

22nd United States Senate Minority Leader
Incumbent
Assumed office
January 3, 2007
Deputy Trent Lott (2007)
Jon Kyl (2007–)
Preceded by Harry Reid

so...once again, did every gop member vote against it? simple yes or no will do.

and it appears mitch is against ANY bill that adds to the deficit...why doesn't obama use the near trillion dollar stimulus to help them? why do we need to continually create more and more stimulus? obviously because the first one failed....

Forum List

Back