Selling Short on Wall Street

Russell

Jul 6, 2011
Hi Folks,
I wonder how many members of congress, their relatives and friends are selling "short" on Wall Street. They had to know the market would fall as a result of their actions... should they all be charged with "insider trading" or should we just let them all keep their windfall profits?
Thanks.

Hi Folks,
I wonder how many members of congress, their relatives and friends are selling "short" on Wall Street. They had to know the market would fall as a result of their actions... should they all be charged with "insider trading" or should we just let them all keep their windfall profits?
Thanks.

Insider trading is legal for congress.

Hi Folks,
Thanks.

And none of them do it because we all know how honest politicians are.

Hi Folks,
Thanks.

So is lying. If you go to congress and testify in front of them and then its proven you lied you go to jail but the people in congress can lie to us on a daily basis and they are protected. :cuckoo:

I would just like to know how much money they are making on short sales - collectively. I would imagine the Republicans would be making more because they tend to steal more, but then the Democrats have a tough time keeping their pants on, so I guess it evens out.

I would just like to know how much money they are making on short sales - collectively. I would imagine the Republicans would be making more because they tend to steal more, but then the Democrats have a tough time keeping their pants on, so I guess it evens out.

LOL Yet democrats added SS to the budget and slipped in CAPPS through three different bills. Tarp Obamascare and the stimulus.

Actually the market has fallen only modestly compared to what would be necessary for anyone to make much money on short sales.

Alas, yet another failure by The Democrat Party. I sure hope they notice where their leadership has gotten them. Or maybe not; they might accidentally stumble upon on one with common sense.

Scary prospect!

Wait... give the market a little more time - watch gold, silver, platinum, oil....

Wait... give the market a little more time - watch gold, silver, platinum, oil....

Roosevelt made gold essentially worthless ($32/ounce) and effectively forced confiscation (of course with payment of that ridiculously low price) through forbidding private ownership of the metal.

Think that can't happen again?

Forum List

Back