sell everything and give it to the poor

The problem with the OP is that he is not intelligent enough to research a subject before forming his 'opinion'.

the catholic chruch could wipe out poverty on earth if it sold a fraction of its possessions

I've already explained it. It doesn't own much.... and I have also explained that the Catholic Church does more to feed, educate, house, and support the poor than any nation, charity, group or individual on the planet.

Moron.

We already know you are an idiot, you don't have to keep proving it.

No one could ever accuse you of rational, logical thought.

Yeah well...I like facts. I don't believe in virgin birth. I don't believe in healing by touching. I don't believe in walking on water. I don't believe the water into fine wine thing. I sure don't believe 5000 hungry men plus women and children who also ate were fed with two fish and five loaves then 12 baskets of leftovers were gathered. I don't believe a man was hung on a tree and bled like a hog then showed up fit as a fiddle two days later. I basically think each and every so called miracle in the bible is myth, legend and bullshit!! Folla??

Please don't mistake me for someone who gives a rat's ass what you believe. I presented facts to dispute the OP's opinion. That fact is that the Catholic Church does not own the treasures it stores. It pays for the restoration and storage of countless works of art, and priceless treasures... but it does not own those treasures... it keeps them safe on behalf of mankind.

And, again, the Catholic Church remains the biggest Charity on the planet. It does more to feed, house, educate and support the poor around the world than any other organization.

the catholic chruch could wipe out poverty on earth if it sold a fraction of its possessions

I've already explained it. It doesn't own much.... and I have also explained that the Catholic Church does more to feed, educate, house, and support the poor than any nation, charity, group or individual on the planet.

Moron.

You might think you know.... but you don't. Clearly, you lack the critical thought required to form fact based opinions.... since you seem to prefer 'poster opinions'. Which one of us looks stupid in this thread? Clue: It isn't me.

Yeah well...I like facts. I don't believe in virgin birth. I don't believe in healing by touching. I don't believe in walking on water. I don't believe the water into fine wine thing. I sure don't believe 5000 hungry men plus women and children who also ate were fed with two fish and five loaves then 12 baskets of leftovers were gathered. I don't believe a man was hung on a tree and bled like a hog then showed up fit as a fiddle two days later. I basically think each and every so called miracle in the bible is myth, legend and bullshit!! Folla??

Please don't mistake me for someone who gives a rat's ass what you believe. I presented facts to dispute the OP's opinion. That fact is that the Catholic Church does not own the treasures it stores. It pays for the restoration and storage of countless works of art, and priceless treasures... but it does not own those treasures... it keeps them safe on behalf of mankind.

And, again, the Catholic Church remains the biggest Charity on the planet. It does more to feed, house, educate and support the poor around the world than any other organization.

They've been a whole lot better at witch killing and child molestation, crusades and torture than anything else.

Not to worry...it's on it's way out.

I'll send our charity dollars to UNICEF and Operation Smile. I can't trust an entity which owns more real property than any other in the world except the governments themselves.

They've been a whole lot better at witch killing and child molestation, crusades and torture than anything else.

Not to worry...it's on it's way out.

I'll send our charity dollars to UNICEF and Operation Smile. I can't trust an entity which owns more real property than any other in the world except the governments themselves.

You seem to insist that I should give a rat's ass about what you think or who you trust. I don't. Your opinion of the Catholic Church is meaningless.

Nor do I care which charities you choose to support. It means less than nothing to me.

Just don't bullshit about my Church. We do more good for the world than you will ever do - if you live to be 200.... you will not come close to the charitable works that we do. Not that that is a big deal.... we choose our way - not for the kudos of doing good but because it is the right thing do to. So you keep giving your money. And I will give mine... and I will give my time, and my education.... and I will do it quietly and gladly... because I am a Christian.

Moron.

You might think you know.... but you don't. Clearly, you lack the critical thought required to form fact based opinions.... since you seem to prefer 'poster opinions'. Which one of us looks stupid in this thread? Clue: It isn't me.

the catholic church owns more real estate and land than any other entity. They could sell a 1/4 of it and wipe out world hunger

the catholic church owns more real estate and land than any other entity. They could sell a 1/4 of it and wipe out world hunger

The main properties owned by the Catholic Church form the Vatican. You are seriously demanding that the Catholic Church should sell off it's history because you have deemed it?

It gives more money, more support, provides schools, education, housing, food, etc across the world, does more than any other organization on the planet .... and still you greedy non Catholics demand more.

Here's an idea. When you do as much as we do, then we'll listen. Until then, you are just another whiner looking for something to bitch about. First we should sell off treasures that we do not own... now you want us to sell off our history.... and I suspect nothing we do would be enough for you anyway.

Go forth, increase and multiple, blu. Put simply.... fuck off.

By the time most successful people would have replaced all the possessions they sold, the poor would be poor again.

By the time most successful people would have replaced all the possessions they sold, the poor would be poor again.

And, next time, the Catholic Church would not be able to help them.

When anyone else on this planet can match dollar for dollar, and hour for hour, the amount given freely - without force - by the Catholic Church.... then you can tell me we are not doing enough. Until then, those who 'hate' my faith can shove it where the sun don't shine.

No one could ever accuse you of rational, logical thought.

You are outnumbered, nobody cares what you believe, are you going to tell us about Islam next?

Last edited:

Moron.

Just when i thought blu was only half an overly emotional, inarticulate dipshit , i see this to confirm he's a full blooded moron.......

My Grandfather died when my Mother was 4, cut himself and died from tetanus. My Grandmother barely spoke any english and couldn't read or write, with six kids to feed. She went to the Catholic Church for help. They clothed and fed my Mother's family for years, helped them get through the Depression........ till the day she died, my Mother was a very devout Catholic and loved the Catholic Church.

What a sad and pathetic life you must lead to feel a need to demand others to do what you think they should do, you sound like a spoiled child and an incredibly unhappy one at that. As for facts, what makes you think your "facts" are the truth. Everyone has an agenda from writers of history to scientist to politicians to assholes that write bullshit on a message board......... what's yours?

My Grandfather died when my Mother was 4, cut himself and died from tetanus. My Grandmother barely spoke any english and couldn't read or write, with six kids to feed. She went to the Catholic Church for help. They clothed and fed my Mother's family for years, helped them get through the Depression........ till the day she died, my Mother was a very devout Catholic and loved the Catholic Church.

What a sad and pathetic life you must lead to feel a need to demand others to do what you think they should do, you sound like a spoiled child and an incredibly unhappy one at that. As for facts, what makes you think your "facts" are the truth. Everyone has an agenda from writers of history to scientist to politicians to assholes that write bullshit on a message board......... what's yours?

His is to show his complete ignorance... at least, that's the agenda that comes from his posts.

You are delusional if you think that is true. Even if the Catholic Church had $100 Trillion in possessions that would be how much for each person on Earth?

You are delusional if you think that is true. Even if the Catholic Church had $100 Trillion in possessions that would be how much for each person on Earth?

You're absolutely right, of course. And, even if it did sell off it's so called 'treasures', who and how does it get distributed? Through governments? They'll keep it, not help the poor in their countries - half the world's poor are poor because their governments are robbing them. Maybe through NGOs? But they run like businesses - they pay their staff etc so a huge chunk of those trillions would be lost to them.

And then what? After the Catholic Church has bankrupted itself and to help the poor.... only to find that the poor are still there.... only now there is no Catholic Church to help them. Then what? Who will blu deem must help after he's destroyed the Catholic Church?

It's absolutely ludicrous. I can't believe anyone can be this jack shit stupid.

You're absolutely right, of course. And, even if it did sell off it's so called 'treasures', who and how does it get distributed? Through governments? They'll keep it, not help the poor in their countries - half the world's poor are poor because their governments are robbing them. Maybe through NGOs? But they run like businesses - they pay their staff etc so a huge chunk of those trillions would be lost to them.

And then what? After the Catholic Church has bankrupted itself and to help the poor.... only to find that the poor are still there.... only now there is no Catholic Church to help them. Then what? Who will blu deem must help after he's destroyed the Catholic Church?

That said, a solid gold chalice with embedded rubies sitting in a basement warehouse isn't helping ANYONE. Selling it just to feed one child one meal would be better than just holding onto it. One of the Catholic Church's problems is that it demands we support its charitable effort while allowing such a massive amount of wealth to be idle.

Can you imagine the influx of new support if the Church led by example? I've seen it happen on a local scale. Our Parish was doing another campaign to expand scholarships at the school. A bunch of us parents made a deal - we'll pay higher tuition to provide more resources for more students if the Church would forego their new multimedia system we didn't need. The Pastor agreed and scholarships have doubled.

How many diamond rosaries is enough? How many pounds need to go into a crucifix to make it holy? And why is this stuff being kept in the basement?

That said, a solid gold chalice with embedded rubies sitting in a basement warehouse isn't helping ANYONE. Selling it just to feed one child one meal would be better than just holding onto it. One of the Catholic Church's problems is that it demands we support its charitable effort while allowing such a massive amount of wealth to be idle.

Can you imagine the influx of new support if the Church led by example? I've seen it happen on a local scale. Our Parish was doing another campaign to expand scholarships at the school. A bunch of us parents made a deal - we'll pay higher tuition to provide more resources for more students if the Church would forego their new multimedia system we didn't need. The Pastor agreed and scholarships have doubled.

How many diamond rosaries is enough? How many pounds need to go into a crucifix to make it holy? And why is this stuff being kept in the basement?

The Church cannot sell what it does not own. While the trappings of wealth do not sit comfortably with me as an individual.... No one can sell those things... not even the Pope. He doesn't have the authority. No one does.

And... since the Church is already doing more than any other church, or group, or country, or individual... exactly how much more do non Catholics expect of us? Get your own houses in order before you come after mine.

Locally, Churches are able to do much more - and my local Church certainly does. Most of the upkeep of the building is done by themselves - other than occasionally they employ the unemployed to undertake maintenance - that their salaries are paid from donations.

But the Catholic Church cannot sell what it does not own.

The Church cannot sell what it does not own. While the trappings of wealth do not sit comfortably with me as an individual.... No one can sell those things... not even the Pope. He doesn't have the authority. No one does.

The Catholic Church certainly does own those valuable artifacts it paid to have created. The Church most certainly owns the gold its followers donated. The Bishop owns the ring people kiss, that ring will stay on his finger when he is buried.

And... since the Church is already doing more than any other church, or group, or country, or individual... exactly how much more do non Catholics expect of us? Get your own houses in order before you come after mine.

I'm Catholic and I AM getting my house in order.

Locally, Churches are able to do much more - and my local Church certainly does. Most of the upkeep of the building is done by themselves - other than occasionally they employ the unemployed to undertake maintenance - that their salaries are paid from donations.

It certainly CAN sell what it does own, and it owns a LOT.

The Catholic Church certainly does own those valuable artifacts it paid to have created. The Church most certainly owns the gold its followers donated. The Bishop owns the ring people kiss, that ring will stay on his finger when he is buried.

I'm Catholic and I AM getting my house in order.

It certainly CAN sell what it does own, and it owns a LOT.

We already do more than any other group on earth. Should we bury rings with the Bishops? Probably not. But in the scheme of things, I'm not gonna lose sleep over it. Nor will I allow fools like blu to demand we do yet more just to relieve him of his guilt. I do more than my share for others. I am comfortable with how much I do for others. What other's choose to do nor not do is not my concern.... as long as they don't bitch about my Church not doing enough.

Forum List

Back