Selected not Elected...Yes it's true

cereal_killer

Platinum Member
Apr 9, 2012
Austin
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1thco_OlHas&sns=fb]Programmer under oath admits computers rig elections - YouTube[/ame]

For a lot of people this is nothing new. It's been known for some time that our "elected" officials (POTUS included) are indeed not elected, they are selected.

I don't doubt what he says is possible and I wouldn't be surprised to find out it has actually happened, but there was a lot of speculation in his testimony

And we have idiots on this very site calling for voting via the internet. How much easier do we want to make fraud? Hell, some hacker in China could decide our elections.

Internet voting would be a great idea. If we could do it in a secure and transparent way.

I absolutely believe there is voter fraud and I think the majority of it happens in the counting not the casting.

Someone posted a vid about making the vote transparent, which would allow average Americans to check that their vote was counted and correct via an online system, without compromising the secrecy of the ballot. That's what we should be focusing on. Making voting easier and making voter fraud easier to detect.

Internet voting would be a great idea. If we could do it in a secure and transparent way.

The problem I see with Internet voting is it would be very difficult to validate that the person who is voting is actually the same person who is registered.

I agree. It's definitely not something I think will happen soon.

However I think we need to shift away from the paper ballots and think about a total vote overhaul to a more modern easier system. I think the biggest part of modernizing would be granting Americans the ability to validate their vote.

Programmer under oath admits computers rig elections - YouTube

For a lot of people this is nothing new. It's been known for some time that our "elected" officials (POTUS included) are indeed not elected, they are selected.
We should go back to having people write the names of the people they are voting in indelible ink on ballots that accommodate voting.

If they're too stupid to read, they are not worthy of voting.

If they cannot read the official language, English, they cannot read newspapers and are therefore, considered uninformed.

Freedom requires knowledge of current events. Our nation is simply not served well when ignoramuses vote.

We have failed to keep the vote safe, to keep the vote right and true, and to have the kind of citizens who are not true to this nation or are so easily fooled, their vote is not one that would support the Constitution and law of the land.

In my very humble opinion.

Oregon's vote-by-mail practice is open to much voter fraud. One local resident of 20 years from Switzerland, who chooses not to become a citizen, because she doesn't want to lose her citizenship in her native country, works here but cannot vote in Oregon. Her advanced degreed educated hubby could not make up his mind for whom he wished to vote in the last primary election, so he decided not to vote.

She filled out his ballot, voting for Obama, signed his name to it, and mailed it in. She smiled as she told me of this. She was impressed with herself.

She, a former accountant in Switzerland, lost my respect for taking advantage of our voting laws, by breaking the law.

Now she regrets, not breaking the law; rather voting for Obama.

Karma!

I absolutely believe there is voter fraud and I think the majority of it happens in the counting not the casting.

Someone posted a vid about making the vote transparent, which would allow average Americans to check that their vote was counted and correct via an online system, without compromising the secrecy of the ballot. That's what we should be focusing on. Making voting easier and making voter fraud easier to detect.

I agree. This system can be implemented with a self-audit feature which gives people a record of how their votes were recorded. Of course, we'd need a unique voter ID to make this work, so we know it's not going to happen.

Forum List

Back