See we told you.. Mcdonalds is ordering 7K touch screen to replace cashiers

The McDonalds moving to touch screens are happening in countries that have a high minimum wage and very high taxes too.

They haven't started here because it's not that cost effective. If the unions are successful in raising the minimum wage to $15.00 an hour then touch screens will be cost effective. The unions won't have those union members nor the dues they pay. The whole scheme falls to the law of diminishing returns.

So predictable.

Kind of like, if you shoot yourself in the foot it's going to hurt.

Do you really think the two are connected?

Specifically? I couldn't tell ya. But I have no doubt that employers of all sizes from coast to coast are looking at the government/business climate and deciding that it's time to drastically cut costs and circle the wagons. Between Obamacare, "living wage" platitudes and an administration that is clearly not business-friendly, they have to react. They'd be crazy not to.

Detroit Police officers start out at $14 per hour. McDonalds employees should make more?:cuckoo:

Detriot is different from say new york city.
Detriot you can buy a home for 500 bucks..new york 500 bucks might get you a fancy cardboard box to sleep in.

Context matters.

Our fearless leaders seem to be educationally challenged. You would think they should have been able to figure out by now that full employment--ANY kind of employment--is the best way to raise wages, increase benefits, and get people off of government assistance and it happens without any significant negative consequences. Full employment makes it a sellers market for our labor, and with businesses begging for people to come work for them, we can sell our labor to the highest bidder. That almost always results in higher wages and better benefits.

But does our government focus on removing all unnecessary mandates and regulations that discourage hiring? Nope.

Our government and the unions instead keep imposing more and more restrictions and demands and mandates on employers that invariably result in more and more people out of work. When you have tens of millions of people looking for employment you have tens of millions of people buying much less of products and services. This forces employers to take advantage of a buyers market for labor, reduce their work force, and offer lower wages and benefits. And there will still be dozens or hundreds of applications for every available job.

Detroit Police officers start out at $14 per hour. McDonalds employees should make more?:cuckoo:

Detriot you can buy a home for 500 bucks..new york 500 bucks might get you a fancy cardboard box to sleep in.

Context matters.

I didn't know the $15 dollar hour was restricted to certain areas, especially since they walked out in Detroit too:confused: and you cant buy a livable home for $500 genus only a shell

Context matters.

I didn't know the $15 dollar hour was restricted to certain areas, especially since they walked out in Detroit too:confused: and you cant buy a livable home for $500 genus only a shell
Um....minimum wages are different state to state..guess why?

Context matters.

Ummm...they want $15 dollars an hour here too... Guess why?

Ummm...they want $15 dollars an hour here too... Guess why?
I dont know where there is..and im going to guess because everyone likes being paid more?

Our fearless leaders seem to be educationally challenged. You would think they should have been able to figure out by now that full employment--ANY kind of employment--is the best way to raise wages, increase benefits, and get people off of government assistance and it happens without any significant negative consequences. Full employment makes it a sellers market for our labor, and with businesses begging for people to come work for them, we can sell our labor to the highest bidder. That almost always results in higher wages and better benefits.

But does our government focus on removing all unnecessary mandates and regulations that discourage hiring? Nope.

Our government and the unions instead keep imposing more and more restrictions and demands and mandates on employers that invariably result in more and more people out of work. When you have tens of millions of people looking for employment you have tens of millions of people buying much less of products and services. This forces employers to take advantage of a buyers market for labor, reduce their work force, and offer lower wages and benefits. And there will still be dozens or hundreds of applications for every available job.

Maybe there is a method to their madness. Unemployed People...people getting free stuff from Uncle Obama...are the surest Democratic votes there are...other than the Recently Deceased in Chicago and Philadelphia.

McDonald's orders 7,000 touchscreen kiosks to replace cashiers - Neowin

YOu wanna walk out on your job for more money. Guess what you now might lose your jobs all because of UNIONS who are greedy..

LOL! You really ARE completely clueless, aren't you?

Automation has been an issue with unions for DECADES.

Businesses have long sought to replace workers with machines. One of the most noticeable examples of that trend in recent years has been replacing cashiers with automatic scanners in grocery stores. You've seen those, haven't you?

The companies save money when you do the work yourself, but you don't get a discount on your groceries because you self-scan, do you? Hell, you're actually working without getting paid.

So, go ahead and scan your own groceries. Bag them up too while you're at it. You've just helped the company with their bottom line, and you haven't been paid for your work, and some other poor slob has probably lost his job.

YOu wanna walk out on your job for more money. Guess what you now might lose your jobs all because of UNIONS who are greedy..

Businesses have long sought to replace workers with machines. One of the most noticeable examples of that trend in recent years has been replacing cashiers with automatic scanners in grocery stores. You've seen those, haven't you?

The companies save money when you do the work yourself, but you don't get a discount on your groceries because you self-scan, do you? Hell, you're actually working without getting paid.

So, go ahead and scan your own groceries. Bag them up too while you're at it. You've just helped the company with their bottom line, and you haven't been paid for your work, and some other poor slob has probably lost his job.

Not when I use my coupons that a cashier might not let pass through...haha

Pus I like bagging my own shit anyways

Technicians will have to build and service those touchscreens. Republicans are simply too ignorant to be technicians. The problem for Republicans is that they will have no one to complain to when they punch in their order and get the wrong stuff.

There is no dumbassery so dumbassed you won't enthusiastically spout it, is there?

I was a technician in the Air Force. I operated power plants consisting of up to a dozen MEP-012A 750kW diesel-powered generators operating at 4,160VAC; I led a crew responsible for doing major maintenance of those same generators; I operated and maintained BAK-12 emergency aircraft arresting systems, both portable and permanent installations; and I operated and maintained various different commercial off-the-shelf emergency standby generators ranging in size from a thousand watts to 1 Megawatt.

I am a Republican. Furthermore, I am a conservative Republican, the kind you claim is most stupid. Yet I was entrusted by the United States government to operate and maintain all that equipment that the Air Force mission -- and the lives of the aircrew aboard busted fighter jets -- utterly depended on.

You say I'm ignorant; the Air Force says you're full of shit.

Between the two of us, I'm a freakin' genius, and you're a barely-literate retard.

Run along now, boy. We're liable to use big words that scare you.

Good!

More people on foodstamps and welfare.

More Republicans on foodstamps and welfare. Like the majority of those now on foodstamps and welfare.

Last edited by a moderator:

Technicians will have to build and service those touchscreens. Republicans are simply too ignorant to be technicians. The problem for Republicans is that they will have no one to complain to when they punch in their order and get the wrong stuff.

There is no dumbassery so dumbassed you won't enthusiastically spout it, is there?

I was a technician in the Air Force. I operated power plants consisting of up to a dozen MEP-012A 750kW diesel-powered generators operating at 4,160VAC; I led a crew responsible for doing major maintenance of those same generators; I operated and maintained BAK-12 emergency aircraft arresting systems, both portable and permanent installations; and I operated and maintained various different commercial off-the-shelf emergency standby generators ranging in size from a thousand watts to 1 Megawatt.

I am a Republican. Furthermore, I am a conservative Republican, the kind you claim is most stupid. Yet I was entrusted by the United States government to operate and maintain all that equipment that the Air Force mission -- and the lives of the aircrew aboard busted fighter jets -- utterly depended on.

You say I'm ignorant; the Air Force says you're full of shit.

Between the two of us, I'm a freakin' genius, and you're a barely-literate retard.

Run along now, boy. We're liable to use big words that scare you.

All stuff designed by liberals.

But now you are on disability.

Actually, you ARE getting paid when you self-checkout.

In time. By not having to wait in line behind a guy with a whole cartload of groceries.

It's a lot quicker, and my time is worth something to me.

Forum List

Back