See this Movie: Forks Over Knives

BDBoop - I watched "Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead" and thought it was incredibly inspiring. I think most people like that film. Anyone I've ever talked to about it said it was great. :D

I'm just going wheat- and sugar-free.
It's hard because it's not everywhere but look for agave sweetner. It's natural and is better than processed refined sugars.

And I just finished spaghetti (with meat) I just reduced the meat and added shredded carrots and celery. I was scared but it turned out really good.

That WOULD be good!

Currently using Splenda, and since I grocery shop online, I should easily be able to score some agave. I only use it in my lemon water I've been swilling these days.

BDBoop - I watched "Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead" and thought it was incredibly inspiring. I think most people like that film. Anyone I've ever talked to about it said it was great. :D

Did you watch Hungry for Change?

Do you juice? I wouldn't do it full time, but I think it would be a wonderful addition to balancing a diet.

No, haven't seen that one.

I don't juice yet, but that film really got me interested in it. I think I may buy a juicer and start soon. The health benefits (the two men) in the movie experienced via juicing made me think; "wow! If they can do it, so can I!"

Do you juice? I wouldn't do it full time, but I think it would be a wonderful addition to balancing a diet.

I did some juicing after seeing that too. You really really need a "recipe" to make it better. Well, you don't NEED it but sometimes it can take some getting used to. And you feel full afterwards which was a surprise. I juiced for lunch then dinnertime I was barely hungry.

I haven't seen hungry for change but I'll see it if I can find it. Another couple of good ones are "ingredients", "save the farm" and "fresh". They don't promote the all veggie diet just the benefits of eating locally grown foods and grass fed livestock. Oooooooh, but the grass fed stuff is high as giraffe nuts! Major downside.

I did some juicing after seeing that too. You really really need a "recipe" to make it better. Well, you don't NEED it but sometimes it can take some getting used to. And you feel full afterwards which was a surprise. I juiced for lunch then dinnertime I was barely hungry.

I haven't seen hungry for change but I'll see it if I can find it. Another couple of good ones are "ingredients", "save the farm" and "fresh". They don't promote the all veggie diet just the benefits of eating locally grown foods and grass fed livestock. Oooooooh, but the grass fed stuff is high as giraffe nuts! Major downside.

It's the first URL in my first post in this thread.

For those of you that want to get healthy but don't want or feel the need to go vegan (and don't like the politics that go with it) there's the Primal Blueprint, I lost 40 lbs in 5 months following that. I lost 7 inches off my waistline, my cholesterol dropped 26 points and my triglycerides went from 461 to 102 along with a myriad of other improvements:
Mark's Daily Apple

I also recently found out about the Gerson Therapy so my wife and I have been doing their juicing regimen for non cancer patients.
The Gerson Therapy : Gerson Institute

The Beautiful Truth - YouTube

Don't pay attention to the USDA Food Pyramid. Anything is better than what the US Gov't recommends.

I like fruits and vegetables.....

....but I always take life with a grain of salt, plus a slice of lemon, and a shot of tequila.

Wow! I always think of something else when I hear the word "juicing".

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxXGx1zZlds]Curb Your Enthusiasm - You want me to JUICE?? - Season 8 Ep. 7 - YouTube[/ame]

Sorry I watch too much tv

No, haven't seen that one.

I don't juice yet, but that film really got me interested in it. I think I may buy a juicer and start soon. The health benefits (the two men) in the movie experienced via juicing made me think; "wow! If they can do it, so can I!"
My wife and bough the Jack LaLanne juicer and are following the Gerson Protocol.

New Topics

Forum List

Back