Second-quarter GDP jumps 4.1% for best pace in nearly four years

And balance the budget. And pay the workers. And assess what was sacrificed and future cost of the wave of deregulation.

What specific regulations has Trump removed that should not have been?
the economy is jammin! I guess Obama-Phone-Girl will finally get that dream job at a KFC counter taking orders
Have gov't spend billions ,,have exports over exceed because of coming tariffs ,give huge tax breaks and VOILA ,,,,you have a 4.1 What will he do for his next trick??

There is some truth to this, but it doesn’t mean that 4% isn’t sustainable for the rest of the year.
Not with tariffs it isn't. But I gave up trying to anticipate what Trump would do about three months into his administration.

So you are predicting fiscal contraction?

The tariffs are going to be temporary.

Trump is the Muhammad Ali of GDP growth!

Donald-Trump-CNN-punching-dodges.gif

You can't cheer the marathon winner halfway through the race.

Especially when the last guy did better 4 times.
You never watch racing or a sport’s event? People cheer the entire race/game. You’re fkn nuts
Slow and steady wins the race Drumpf reminds me of the hare,,,,,,and soon he'll be rabbit stew
Good thing trump is moving slow and steady then, right?

Unfortunately wages have been going down.
The only thing keeping them as high as they are now are one time bonuses from the tax cuts for corporations and billionaires.
The speculation there is new workers are entering the market and people my age have been retiring.

So is GDP sustainable at 4.1% if wages are dropping?
Unfortunate that anything positive that happens in America these days you wanna shit on
Bull shit 4.1 is great ,,,,,,but how did it get there and what's his next trick?? Another tax cut for millionaires?? Bring it on
Are the mods aware you have 2 forum names
edward37 and deanrd?

BTW, if you are wondering how the markets viewed this news?

The DOW lost 76 points today.

As usual, I think they read it dead on. It's not the 'amazing news' that Trump/Trumpbots want everyone else to believe.

This 4.1% jump is an aberration brought on largely by the Trump tariffs and BEA GDP tabulation, procedural changes...NOT a sign of a fundamental change in the American economy.

Once again, I am neither Rep nor Dem (I despise both major parties).

Very nice. Now we have to sustain it for a bit.
And balance the budget. And pay the workers. And assess what was sacrificed and future cost of the wave of deregulation.

the economy is jammin! I guess Obama-Phone-Girl will finally get that dream job at a KFC counter taking orders
Have gov't spend billions ,,have exports over exceed because of coming tariffs ,give huge tax breaks and VOILA ,,,,you have a 4.1 What will he do for his next trick??
There is, imo, a larger issue. Yes, the economy is NOT growing at 4% annually, and yesterday we actually saw a semiconductor price rise on a stock buy back despite Jina ending its supplier relationship with a Jina mftrer. If the gop doesn't stop the govt spending increases, despite tax cuts and lower revenue, the Fed will have no choice but to revisit the bank rate of the late 80s of 6%, and that will tank the economy. And if Trump doesn't nix the tariff thing..... we've not seen that since Smoot Hawley, which didn't work out to well

But assuming the gop got it's fucking act together, and assuming we actually had some spending discipline IT JUST MIGHT BE THAT GREENSPAN WAS NOT THE GENIUS he was made out to be before he failed to reign in subprime loans. Maybe we should have had consistent 4-5% growth in the WJC years. Maybe the Fed was overly cautious about inflation.

But most likely, given the inability of Trump to self-discipline, we're going to tank sometime in 2019 or 20. We already see him trying to bully the Fed into not raising rates. Nixon did that with Aruther Burns, and we got stagflation.
If GOP hasn't figured out that Greenspan was the not the genius he was made out to be, by now, then they're so lost in delusion and misinformation that it doesn't matter.

U.S. Economy Grew at 4.1% Rate in Second Quarter

"...The president touted his own track record since taking office, saying that the economy is growing at a pace 10 times faster than during the presidencies of George W. Bush or Barack Obama.

Actually, the U.S. economy grew faster than a 4.1% annual rate in four quarters of Mr. Obama’s presidency and four quarters of Mr. Bush’s. In the second quarter of 2014, GDP rose at an annual rate of 5.1%—the peak quarterly growth rate of the current expansion so far....

`

Where does he come up with this shit? 10 times faster? He is either really shitty at math or a liar that knows his sheep will not care about his lies

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

It's a figure of speech. Remember, the guy isn't a politician.

No, he is a fucking liar. And his sheep will always cover for him.
obama or trump. it can go either way on that sentence.

I have been saying for years there is little difference between the two. Thanks for the confirmation
POLITICS
A Booming Economy Hasn’t Given House GOP Candidates an Election Edge
The economy is robust, consumers are spending and Republicans are still at risk of losing their grip on Congress.

You can't cheer the marathon winner halfway through the race.

Especially when the last guy did better 4 times.
You never watch racing or a sport’s event? People cheer the entire race/game. You’re fkn nuts
Slow and steady wins the race Drumpf reminds me of the hare,,,,,,and soon he'll be rabbit stew
Good thing trump is moving slow and steady then, right?
Like a jumping jack One day up one day down Business needs steady and trump is far from it

Unfortunately wages have been going down.
The only thing keeping them as high as they are now are one time bonuses from the tax cuts for corporations and billionaires.
The speculation there is new workers are entering the market and people my age have been retiring.

So is GDP sustainable at 4.1% if wages are dropping?
Unfortunate that anything positive that happens in America these days you wanna shit on
Bull shit 4.1 is great ,,,,,,but how did it get there and what's his next trick?? Another tax cut for millionaires?? Bring it on
Are the mods aware you have 2 forum names
edward37 and deanrd?
LOL you have an active imagination

Trump failed to deliver on his economic growth promise, a new report shows

Think Newsweek ran an article that Trump kept his promise?

Haha, they must be so mad.

The economy grew at a 2.6 percent annual rate for 2017, the Department of Commerce announced on Friday—a strong showing but well below President Donald Trump's promise of 4 percent growth or the 2.9 percent federal economists had predicted.

For perspective, one percentage point of gross domestic product growth could generate 1 million new jobs, according to Business Insider.

Trump pledged a 4 percent growth repeatedly during the presidential campaign and into his presidency. He was so sanguine that he predicted it may rise even higher at the presidential debate in October 2016. "We're bringing [the Gross Domestic Product] from 1 percent up to 4 percent," he said. "And I actually think we can go higher than 4 percent. I think you can go to 5 percent or 6 percent."

Last edited:

There is, imo, a larger issue. Yes, the economy is NOT growing at 4% annually, and yesterday we actually saw a semiconductor price rise on a stock buy back despite Jina ending its supplier relationship with a Jina mftrer. If the gop doesn't stop the govt spending increases, despite tax cuts and lower revenue, the Fed will have no choice but to revisit the bank rate of the late 80s of 6%, and that will tank the economy. And if Trump doesn't nix the tariff thing..... we've not seen that since Smoot Hawley, which didn't work out to well

But assuming the gop got it's fucking act together, and assuming we actually had some spending discipline IT JUST MIGHT BE THAT GREENSPAN WAS NOT THE GENIUS he was made out to be before he failed to reign in subprime loans. Maybe we should have had consistent 4-5% growth in the WJC years. Maybe the Fed was overly cautious about inflation.

But most likely, given the inability of Trump to self-discipline, we're going to tank sometime in 2019 or 20. We already see him trying to bully the Fed into not raising rates. Nixon did that with Aruther Burns, and we got stagflation.
If GOP hasn't figured out that Greenspan was the not the genius he was made out to be, by now, then they're so lost in delusion and misinformation that it doesn't matter.

Agreed.

Greenspan had some good ideas early in his career. But he made some MEGA mistakes while at the Fed. Especially after 2000.

Though every time he went before Congress, he would do his Greenspan-talk...where he would answer questions put to him so slowly, deliberately and using words/terms that those listening were clueless about - he intimidated them.
They thought 'Wow...this guy is SO smart and SO knowledgeable...he must know EXACTLY what he is doing'.

People give the Fed way, WAY, WAY too much credit.

Fed Misread Crisis in 2008, Records Show

Just because they are smart and have lots of degrees...does NOT mean they are necessarily good at macroeconomics.

The Fed are bankers. And bankers make GREAT bean counters...but usually not the best investors/economists.
That is why they are bankers and NOT successful entrepreneurs.

Last edited:

The economy grew at a 2.6 percent annual rate for 2017, the Department of Commerce announced on Friday—a strong showing but well below President Donald Trump's promise of 4 percent growth or the 2.9 percent federal economists had predicted.

For perspective, one percentage point of gross domestic product growth could generate 1 million new jobs, according to Business Insider.

Trump pledged a 4 percent growth repeatedly during the presidential campaign and into his presidency. He was so sanguine that he predicted it may rise even higher at the presidential debate in October 2016. "We're bringing [the Gross Domestic Product] from 1 percent up to 4 percent," he said. "And I actually think we can go higher than 4 percent. I think you can go to 5 percent or 6 percent."
The soybean BS was worth 1% point What will be the ah's next trick?

How is Minority unemployment these days? Your asshole sure didn’t do much for his own tribe.

How is Minority unemployment these days? Your asshole sure didn’t do much for his own tribe.

Donald Trump Calls Unemployment Rate One of the “Biggest Hoaxes in Politics”

And he was DEAD right.

And the minority unemployment rate is tabulated using the exact same, basic method as the U-3 (official unemployment rate) that Trump rightly knocked.

Last edited:
GDP at 4.1% Great job President Trump! Second-quarter GDP up 4.1%, as expected. Second-quarter GDP jumps 4.1% for best pace in nearly four years

It’s nice, but the reality is the president, Trump in this instance, has little influence on the economy/gdp. Economies go thru natural cycles beyond the control of a president. Ironically, the economy is the one thing most people use to judge or re-elect a president, unless of course they are black. Then the economy doesn’t matter apparently.

True, although eliminating many of the Obama regulations should help immensely.

Of course, since companies now know they can pollute at will. There may have been some regulations that were unnecessary, but how can we be sure?

No kidding, and which regulation was dropped that allows companied to pollute at will?

Remember Thinker?
Remember the Days When We didn't have a Humiliating Moron for a President, Who wasn't a Pathological Liar, or a Sociopath who had Morals and Values and spoke above a 4th Grade Level?

I remember a President that used government agencies against opponents.

Donald Trump Calls Unemployment Rate One of the “Biggest Hoaxes in Politics”

And he was DEAD right.

And the minority unemployment rate is tabulated using the exact same, basic method as the U-3 (official unemployment rate) that Trump rightly knocked.
There are 172 million Americans unemployed under Trump

Forum List

Back