Second coldest spring

Yeah, right.
Like I'm going to believe some stinking scientists!

We've been running the a/c for a couple of MONTHS, already.

GW is junk science... In fact most are not even scientist, they just like to point to polls where actual scientist that have nothing to do with that field agree with the idea of GW.

Pollution is bad, I agree and get that... Global warming is bullshit and I really tried to give these people an honest look. When confronted on liberal NPR with the question as to why GW has pretty much stopped for the last 16 years despite more carbon admissions, their answer was "we're not really sure why that is yet."

GW is junk science... In fact most are not even scientist, they just like to point to polls where actual scientist that have nothing to do with that field agree with the idea of GW.

Pollution is bad, I agree and get that... Global warming is bullshit and I really tried to give these people an honest look. When confronted on liberal NPR with the question as to why GW has pretty much stopped for the last 16 years despite more carbon admissions, their answer was "we're not really sure why that is yet."

I usually don't like playing "grammar police", but that was a bad one. It's carbon emissions, not carbon admissions.

As for your absurd point that temperatures are no longer increasing, what are you smoking?

Oh, the The Mail on Sunday. Is there no limit to your denial of climate change?

The Mail on Sunday is a sister publication of the UK tabloid Daily Mail, and has a history of running ridiculously misleading claims downplaying the reality of climate change. Probably the worst offender is David Rose, who has been constantly hammering the idea—despite all the evidence against it—that the Earth has not been getting warmer for the past 16 years. To make this claim he has to egregiously cherry-pick his data, choosing where to look on a graph of temperatures to make it look like warming has slowed.

I’ve shown just how Rose is so fast and loose with reality in previous posts, when he first came to my attention for claiming warming had stopped (and then tried to show that the Sun’s lack of activity would cool the Earth, a claim for which there is essentially no good evidence), and then again when he posted a graph so wrong it would mean getting an F in ninth-grade math. You can also read debunkings of Rose’s ridiculosities from the UK Met Office, the national weather service for the United Kingdom, which regularly has to issue articles debunking the nonsense posted in The Mail.

Unfortunately, because he is so loud and given a venue in the The Mail, people who prefer fiction to reality use Rose’s claims to bolster their own. Big names in climate denial then write fact-free OpEd letters to venues like the Wall Street Journal, which get read by even more people, fooling them into thinking climate change isn’t happening.

But it is happening. So Rose is still denial mode, writing yet another error-laden article for The Mail, again claiming warming has stopped, and again relying on grossly misinterpreting real data. His point this time rests on this graph:

Global warming denial: Debunking misleading climate change claims by David Rose.

BTW,
The rate of sea-level rise in the past decades is greater than projected by the latest assessments of the IPCC, while global temperature increases in good agreement with its best estimates. This is shown by a study now published in the journal Environmental Research Letters. Stefan Rahmstorf from the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) and his colleagues compare climate projections to actual observations from 1990 up to 2011. That sea level is rising faster than expected could mean that the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change’s (IPCC) sea-level rise projections for the future may be biased low as well, their results suggest.

Study: Sea Levels Rising 60% Faster Than Projected, Planet Keeps Warming As Expected | ThinkProgress

The hocus pocus from you deniers is scary. The hurricane is heading right at us and you have your head stuck in the sand. Now, while I am smart enough to understand that global warming is happening, I'm not sure there is much we will be able to do to stop it, especially with Asia's economies growing so rapidly and being more and more dependent on fossil fuels. My concern is how we are going to address the consequences that we are facing. As an example, what are we going to do with the over 5 million people living in Arizona who are going to be without water once Lake Mead dries up?

BOULDER CITY, Nev.—For the 30 million Americans who depend on the Colorado River for their water, this past winter's soaking rains and snows will only leave them thirsting for more.

Water managers warn that Lake Mead, the West's largest and most important reservoir, remains perilously near the level of 1,075 feet at which the U.S. Secretary of the Interior would likely declare a water shortage, for the first time in the nearly century-old history of the Colorado River system. Such a shortage would parch Nevada, Arizona and California with severe water-use restrictions. There alone, some 20 million people depend on Lake Mead's supplies.

Water Shortage Looms in Southwest, Despite Steep Rise in Giant Reservoir's Level - WSJ.com

Last edited:

I usually don't like playing "grammar police", but that was a bad one. It's carbon emissions, not carbon admissions.

As for your absurd point that temperatures are no longer increasing, what are you smoking?

Oh, the The Mail on Sunday. Is there no limit to your denial of climate change?

The Mail on Sunday is a sister publication of the UK tabloid Daily Mail, and has a history of running ridiculously misleading claims downplaying the reality of climate change. Probably the worst offender is David Rose, who has been constantly hammering the idea—despite all the evidence against it—that the Earth has not been getting warmer for the past 16 years. To make this claim he has to egregiously cherry-pick his data, choosing where to look on a graph of temperatures to make it look like warming has slowed.

I’ve shown just how Rose is so fast and loose with reality in previous posts, when he first came to my attention for claiming warming had stopped (and then tried to show that the Sun’s lack of activity would cool the Earth, a claim for which there is essentially no good evidence), and then again when he posted a graph so wrong it would mean getting an F in ninth-grade math. You can also read debunkings of Rose’s ridiculosities from the UK Met Office, the national weather service for the United Kingdom, which regularly has to issue articles debunking the nonsense posted in The Mail.

Unfortunately, because he is so loud and given a venue in the The Mail, people who prefer fiction to reality use Rose’s claims to bolster their own. Big names in climate denial then write fact-free OpEd letters to venues like the Wall Street Journal, which get read by even more people, fooling them into thinking climate change isn’t happening.

But it is happening. So Rose is still denial mode, writing yet another error-laden article for The Mail, again claiming warming has stopped, and again relying on grossly misinterpreting real data. His point this time rests on this graph:

Global warming denial: Debunking misleading climate change claims by David Rose.

BTW,
The rate of sea-level rise in the past decades is greater than projected by the latest assessments of the IPCC, while global temperature increases in good agreement with its best estimates. This is shown by a study now published in the journal Environmental Research Letters. Stefan Rahmstorf from the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) and his colleagues compare climate projections to actual observations from 1990 up to 2011. That sea level is rising faster than expected could mean that the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change’s (IPCC) sea-level rise projections for the future may be biased low as well, their results suggest.

Study: Sea Levels Rising 60% Faster Than Projected, Planet Keeps Warming As Expected | ThinkProgress

The hocus pocus from you deniers is scary. The hurricane is heading right at us and you have your head stuck in the sand. Now, while I am smart enough to understand that global warming is happening, I'm not sure there is much we will be able to do to stop it, especially with Asia's economies growing so rapidly and being more an more dependent on fossil fuels. My concern is how we are going to address the consequences that we are facing. As an example, what are we going to do with the over 5 million people living in Arizona who are going to be without water once Lake Mead dries up?

BOULDER CITY, Nev.—For the 30 million Americans who depend on the Colorado River for their water, this past winter's soaking rains and snows will only leave them thirsting for more.

Water managers warn that Lake Mead, the West's largest and most important reservoir, remains perilously near the level of 1,075 feet at which the U.S. Secretary of the Interior would likely declare a water shortage, for the first time in the nearly century-old history of the Colorado River system. Such a shortage would parch Nevada, Arizona and California with severe water-use restrictions. There alone, some 20 million people depend on Lake Mead's supplies.

Water Shortage Looms in Southwest, Despite Steep Rise in Giant Reservoir's Level - WSJ.com

Sorry auditor....those scare tactics dont work....the gig is up on global warming, Al Gore is a laughing stock.......

Again...just tell me, IF those are true, WHY dont the people like Al Gore, follow their recomendations?

We are coming out of the hottest year on record, but now we are supposed to be heading toward an ice age because we are having a cool Spring. LMAO!!!

It IS all cyclic ~
which means that no amount of lying, cheating and taxing the citizenry is going to make ONE IOTA OF DIFFERENCE,

the whole Pay-For-Your-Footprint scheme was just a scam.

Forum List

Back