Seattle man's cyberstalking campaign against former friend and co-worker leads to prison time

NewsVine_Mariyam

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2018
The Beautiful Pacific Northwest
I can't say what I genuinely feel other than perhaps there is a chance that he will receive his comeuppance while serving his time. And if per chance he finds himself being terrorized or violated I hope it dawns on him that but for his own heinous, reprehensible and criminal violations he committed against his own victim, he would not now be suffering at the hands of other criminals.

Seattle man's cyberstalking campaign against former friend and co-worker leads to prison time

By: Alison Grande

Updated: Dec 7, 2018 - 6:58 PM

SEATTLE - A former information technology professional from Seattle was sentenced to 30 months in prison and three years of supervised release in U.S. District Court in Seattle on Friday for conducting a cyberstalking campaign against multiple victims.

In addition to his sentence, 39-year-old Joel Kurzynski was ordered to pay $37,682 in restitution to the victims.

In U.S. District Court Friday attorneys said 39-year-old Joel Kurzynski threatened, stalked, and humiliated four victims for months, and they had no idea who was behind it.

At Kurzynski’s sentencing on Friday, U.S. District Judge Robert S. Lasnik said, “Cyberstalking and terrorizing people like this is a violent crime and there will be prison sentences.”

According to court documents, Kurzynski orchestrated spam phone calls, created fake dating profiles portraying a victim as seeking underage relationships and made death threats.

"He even impersonated an associated press reporter and indicated that he was investigating allegations of sexual misconduct against the victim that were made by at-risk youth at a camp," Assistant U.S. Attorney Francis Franze-Nakamura said.

Forum List

Back