Sean Hannity's "Freedom Concerts" are a Scam

I'm trying as best I can to be a friend here, you are doubling down on a very bad, losing bet.

Like I said, you missed something out in the tens of millions column, but that's just because you don't know what you're looking at, that's not your fault, she just directed you to one part of the return

Which part am I suppose to be looking at then?

Here's a hint: it's a fund for scholarships, it's not supposed to lay out 100% of its net collections every year
That's how all these phony "charities" work, most of the money never goes where they say it is being collected for, but goes into a SLUSH fund in the bank.

Remember Traitor North? He supposedly was generating "enterprise" money to fund the Contras, but almost nothing went to funding the Contras. The bulk of the money went into a Swiss bank and eventually in his pocket.

Here's a hint: it's a fund for scholarships, it's not supposed to lay out 100% of its net collections every year

Here's a hint: The majority of money being made isn't going towards scholarships.

From the tax return for 2006:

Supporting Statement of:

Form 990 p 2/line 22b cash

Scholarship Grants: $306,500
Grants and Contributions: $91,400

Total: $397,900

And yet, I see almost double that being spent in 2006 being spent on "Consultants." ($641,411)

Do explain that.

:eusa_whistle:

OK, we'll talk more same time tomorrow.
Translation: You haven't been PROGRAMMED by HanNITWITy with the answer yet! :rofl:

I'm trying as best I can to be a friend here, you are doubling down on a very bad, losing bet.

Like I said, you missed something out in the tens of millions column, but that's just because you don't know what you're looking at, that's not your fault, she just directed you to one part of the return

Usually when a blogger or internet columnist has links to documents which point to their own site, it's a red flag.

Closer examination is required.
You can get the same tax returns from Traitor North's own site.
He's running the same kind of scam he ran with the Contra's. The vast majority of the money goes in the bank, never where it is claimed to go.

Freedom Alliance - About Us

Sean was running the concert when Nancy and the Dems were threatening to cut funding to the troop in Iraq just to make Bush look bad.
BALONEY! Didn't the phony charity concerts start around 2003 or 4?
How could they cut off funding when they had no power??????

I watched I-Lost-My-Sanity-Hannity for well over a year almost nightly and I remember seeing him touth these so called "Freedom Concerts" as some great charity event for the troops and what not.

Come to find out a mere pittance goes to the actual troops.

Why am I not surprised?

SO, exactly WHY does it matter to anyone just HOW much money Hannity has going to a Charity?

and just why is this anyone's Business?

Why does the degenerate TOUT them as some great charity cause?

THAT should be the question.

Usually when a blogger or internet columnist has links to documents which point to their own site, it's a red flag.

Closer examination is required.
You can get the same tax returns from Traitor North's own site.
He's running the same kind of scam he ran with the Contra's. The vast majority of the money goes in the bank, never where it is claimed to go.

Freedom Alliance - About Us

Do you know what scholarships are? They raise money, invest it and use the interest to help the children of our dead heros to ensure they can go to college. What is so terrible about that?

SO, exactly WHY does it matter to anyone just HOW much money Hannity has going to a Charity?

I believe the issue is how much of the donations his charitable organization receives are actually used for charity.

People who give to charity tend to care how their money is spent.

I believe the issue is how much of the donations his charitable organization receives is actually used for charity.

The charity is to help kids on a long term basis, not to give handouts.

I believe the issue is how much of the donations his charitable organization receives is actually used for charity.

I don't care what the charity is. If I saw these numbers after donating, I'd never donate to that charity again.

The charity is to help kids on a long term basis, not to give handouts.

You didn't bother to read how much these kids are getting are you?

Or how much they're getting in comparison to how much is going to "Postage and Shipping, Advisors, and Consultants."

The charity gave 3.4% of what it made in 2006. It spent 6 million+ more in "expenses" that aren't really expenses but more so a scam to pay people ridiculous amounts of money.

no seriously. why is it ANYONES business.
I'm sure you will be able to answer that?

It's the business of anyone who donates to the charity and anyone who gives a damn about our troops.

You want to protect Sean as his charity goes on scamming people.

no seriously. why is it ANYONES business.
I'm sure you will be able to answer that?

It's the business of anyone who donates to the charity and anyone who gives a damn about our troops.

You want to protect Sean as his charity goes on scamming people.

you really are a dumb shit.
I have heard Hannity state on his show that all the proceeds after cost go to this Charity.
you people are as low as a SNAKE.
like you give a shit that ANY of it is going to the troops, just so you all can use this to BASH Hannity. low low low.

Here are some of the comments from the original article:

Why should it matter if Hannity spends 12 million on personal expenses if he is donating over 800 thousand? Either way, 800 grand is a lot of money and besides his concerts are universally uplifting. Why look a gift horse in the mouth? The truth is, if Sean is using the money to defeat democrats we should be glad because this also helps the troops and the morale of the troops. The more you criticize Sean the more you are really helping the enemy and helping defeat republicans.

KevinJ on March 19, 2010 at 12:05 pm

o far I see nothing here that proves that Hannity broke a promise. He never promised to send 50% to the troops or 80% to the troops. If he made a promise and broke it that would be different. If the operating costs are going to Sean himself I think they would be glad. He supports the troops and getting demcrats out of office.

KevinJ on March 19, 2010 at 12:34 pm

lets see what the left wings have contributed to our militay and their families… Not one red cent. All they want to do is demonize the military.

mitch simpson on March 19, 2010 at 12:29 pm

Just when I thought he couldn't get any lower..

Sean Hannity’s Freedom CONcert Scam: Almost None of Charity’s $ Went to Injured Troops, Kids of Fallen Troops; G5s for Vannity?

In fact, less than 20%–and in two recent years, less than 7% and 4%, respectively–of the money raised by Freedom Alliance went to these causes, while millions of dollars went to expenses, including consultants and apparently to ferret the Hannity posse of family and friends in high style. And, despite Hannity’s statements to the contrary on his nationally syndicated radio show, few of the children of fallen soldiers got more than $1,000-$2,000, with apparently none getting more than $6,000, while Freedom Alliance appears to have spent tens of thousands of dollars for private planes. Moreover, despite written assurances to donors that all money raised would go directly to scholarships for kids of the fallen heroes and not to expenses, has begun charging expenses of nearly $500,000 to give out just over $800,000 in scholarships.

The tax forms available to the public for the Freedom Alliance–for the years 2006-2008–paint a tragic story, a story of a charity that makes gazillions and spends very little for the purposes it claims, a charity that spends millions more on its small staff and crony consultants than it ever gives in scholarships to the children of the fallen or severely injured troops or in aid to the injured troops themselves. While Hannity’s Freedom Concerts take in millions, only a few hundred thousand go to the claimed intended recipients.

And then, there are the 2008 Freedom Alliance tax forms, which were signed in November 2009 and filed only recently. That year, Freedom Alliance took in $8,781,431 in revenue and gave $1,060,275.57 total–or just 12%–to seriously wounded soldiers and for scholarships to kids of the fallen. Remember, this is well below the 75% required to be considered a legitimate charity. And after claiming in written letters to donors that 100% of the money donated, via the Freedom Concerts or otherwise, to the scholarships would go directly to the scholarships and not to expenses, the Freedom Alliance decided to do the contrary and charge expenses anyway–charging a whopping $436,386 to give out $802,250 in scholarships. That means that 35% of the $1,238,636–all of which was supposed to go to scholarships for these kids of the fallen–went to Freedom Alliance.

I learned that the organizations which evaluate charities are entirely worthless. Freedom Alliance is certified as “Best in America” by the “Independent Charities of America.” It is also rated a “Four Star Charity” by “Charity Navigator.” Both of these “ratings” are posted prominently on Freedom Alliance’s website, misleading donors into believing they are donating to a worthy cause, when in fact they are mostly donating to a black hole of expenses. Even Charity Navigator notes in its strange, illogical, and mostly inaccurate Four Star rating that Freedom Alliance has a fund-raising “efficiency” of only nine cents on the dollar.

View attachment 9760

next you are going to tell me freedom fries are a scam as well.?..say it isnt so!

you really are a dumb shit.
I have heard Hannity state on his show that all the proceeds after cost go to this Charity.
you people are as low as a SNAKE.
like you give a shit that ANY of it is going to the troops, just so you all can use this to BASH Hannity. low low low.

:lol: You heard from the mouth of the snake himself? You really are a partisan hack.

I give a shit that any of it is going to the troops.

Only one who is low here is you for defending that bullshit.

Real charities like Wounded Warrior Project could use that money to do a lot of good.

Forum List

Back