Scratch a Liberal

B

Big D

Scratch a Liberal and You'll
Find a Klansman Underneath

Wait a minute, now I'm totally confused.

I flick on the tube yesterday afternoon, and -- Lo and Behold! -- there was President Bush, speaking from the ornate Roosevelt Room of the White House, stepping into the most momentous "affirmative action" case to surface in a generation or more, denouncing as "fundamentally flawed" a program of racial favoritism for minority applicants at the University of Michigan, calling it "divisive, unfair and impossible to square with the Constitution," a program that "amounts to a quota system that unfairly rewards or penalizes prospective students solely on their race."

"Our Constitution," the President asserted, "makes it clear that people of all races must be treated equally under the law," and the end result of the Michigan program is "discrimination, and discrimination is wrong."

The University, the target of a law suit now before the High Court, uses a quota system based on race and ethnicity whereby minority applicants are awarded extra points for, well, being minority applicants. Under the school's formula, a perfect SAT score gets you only 12 points on a 150-point scale. But members of 'politically correct' races and ethnic groups get a 20-point bonus.

Quota system, right? No way, say liberals, this quota system isn't a quota system even if quotas are used and, anyway, it has nothing to do with race even if race gets you extra/bonus points because we say so and, besides, Bush and Lott and Republicans and the GOP are racists and discrimination is always wrong except when it isn't, i.e., when whites are the target. So there! End of argument!

Now, here's where I'm all confused:

http://bulldogbulletinarchives.lhhosting.com/page32B6.htm

Originally posted by Big D

I flick on the tube yesterday afternoon, and -- Lo and Behold! -- there was President Bush, speaking from the ornate Roosevelt Room of the White House, stepping into the most momentous "affirmative action" case to surface in a generation or more, denouncing as "fundamentally flawed" a program of racial favoritism for minority applicants at the University of Michigan, calling it "divisive, unfair and impossible to square with the Constitution," a program that "amounts to a quota system that unfairly rewards or penalizes prospective students solely on their race."

"Our Constitution," the President asserted, "makes it clear that people of all races must be treated equally under the law," and the end result of the Michigan program is "discrimination, and discrimination is wrong."

The University, the target of a law suit now before the High Court, uses a quota system based on race and ethnicity whereby minority applicants are awarded extra points for, well, being minority applicants. Under the school's formula, a perfect SAT score gets you only 12 points on a 150-point scale. But members of 'politically correct' races and ethnic groups get a 20-point bonus.

Quota system, right? No way, say liberals, this quota system isn't a quota system even if quotas are used and, anyway, it has nothing to do with race even if race gets you extra/bonus points because we say so and, besides, Bush and Lott and Republicans and the GOP are racists and discrimination is always wrong except when it isn't, i.e., when whites are the target. So there! End of argument!

It was borderline on a good article. Then it got all convuluted towards the end.

yeah, well if you dug a little deeper, you would also have found out that there were given points for: relative of an alumni, ap classes, extra curricular activities...(free white oints right there!!)...do you think a black person would have had a relative attend the UofMich at that time? "White" aka richer schools offer more ap and extra curricular activities as much of my friends from "poorer" schools, where a majority of students are black and/or hispanic. "poorer schools don't have school newspapers or chess clubs do they? Richer, "white" schools do.

Decades have elapsed since the major civil rights laws were passed, yet we still find some minority groups lagging behind. Often achieving well politically, blacks in particular remain far down the economic ladder. Centuries of slavery followed by persistent discrimination and white racism are the usual suspects. More exotic explanations include lowered expectations, reluctance to act white, etc. But since none of this affects g-loaded test scores where the black-white difference has remained remarkably constant, some principle of parsimony should direct us elsewhere for answers. Parsimony, however, is not in the legislator's lexicon; nor is it part of the system of rationalizations we call justice. So we are left with implausible speculations to justify the system of race and sex-based preferences we call affirmative action.
Affirmative action is not free. No matter how large or small a business is, it is vulnerable to complaints of discrimination by applicants, employees and former employees. In the interest of the bottom line, employers invariably capitulate. The consequences of not conforming are more costly. Brimelow and Spencer in When Quotas Replace Merit, Everybody Suffers, Forbes, February 15, 1993, assert that the greatest cost of affirmative action results from not being able to choose the best economic alternatives. They estimate this cost alone at $236 billion for 1991. Administrative costs associated with affirmative action add another $100 billion or so per year. Most other estimates also put the annual bill for affirmative action in the two to four hundred-billion dollar ballpark
http://www.lagriffedulion.f2s.com/robinhood.htm

Goddammit! Big D you post the same 10 fucking articles over and over and over! Do you have an original bone in your body? Your another one whose time has passed here, beware!

OCA - I cannot believe you just posted that.
I dont care for half of what you say, but its your freedom to say it.

However, you have proven yourself to be the asshole that you obviously are. DO NOT speak to me. again. EVER.
With THAT comment, you do not exist to me.

Originally posted by KLSuddeth

However, you have proven yourself to be the asshole that you obviously are. DO NOT speak to me. again. EVER.

Oh this idiot can post whatever anti-human crap he wants but if I come back at him because I believe he is a total liar then i'm the asshole? Fine so be it!

Like wise you do not exist to me.

you come back at him using a little 12 year old CHILD that has been raped? how nice.

You want to know how she is? Now or in 20 years? In 20 years she will still have nightmares and feel dirty. how do I know?
Meet a former (as you would say) '12 year old slut'

Damn!!! wow!! what the hell did he say?

you come back at him using a little 12 year old CHILD that has been raped? how nice.

You want to know how she is? Now or in 20 years? In 20 years she will still have nightmares and feel dirty. how do I know?
Meet a former (as you would say) '12 year old slut'

I thought I don't exist?

Nice work OCA, what do you do for a encore, beat your wife?

A true lowlife sooner or later shows his true colors, you belong in the slums of D.C.

Nice work OCA, what do you do for a encore, beat your wife?

A true lowlife sooner or later shows his true colors, you belong in the slums of D.C.

Big D, ask anybody, you deserve every last word.

D, rapist and racist, notice how those two rhyme? I believe as i'm sure most here do that everything you say and claim are fraudulent lies. This is why you stay in the race threads and never partake in any of the other threads where we reveal our likes and dislikes, because you are afraid of anybody finding out what a hypocrite and a fraud you are. So I called you on it.

This will be my last post on this subject.

Forum List

Back