Scott Walker: early voting bad, early lobbying good

Now can anyone explain why voting early is bad? I mean, it seems there is a pattern to limit instead of expand voting opportunities.

It is all part of the GOP war on voters...well, the ones that vote against them.

So more stupid people voting, is good in your world? Do you support the party of stupid then, and see this as a benefit?

Yes more people voting is good in my world. More people voting will help balance out the nuts who are too far to the left or the right.

No it won't. What are you talking about? How would getting more stupid people that can be swayed by those nutz, balance anything out?

The people who care enough.... and are informed enough, to vote.... will do so regardless of the system.

It's the people who don't care, and are not informed, and can be swayed by the nutz with a good "hope and change" and "yes we can!" slogans, that your system of "vote weeks in advance, vote from your bath tube, vote from your cell phone, vote from your lazy boy and the remote!" will be swept into the election system.

That will simply make the fringe groups even more power, because they will have more ability to whip up the ignorant and stupid.

Sorry the more people to vote the better as far as I'm concerned. Most people aren't so stupidly political and are more moderate. Based on previous discussions with you I don't think your very smart, but I still think you should vote.

"Vote early, vote often", does that give you a clue?

Early voting is good when it's used properly, but Democrats have a history of using it to cheat the vote.

Prove it.

Every time a republican loses they weren't cheated. The candidate was just weak.

There are numerous examples of voter fraud. How could you possibly deny that?

Now granted, in the last two presidential elections, yeah, you are right. The republican candidate was terrible. They ran democrats dressed like Republicans, and then were surprised they lost. Stupid republican party.

But that doesn't change the fact there was lots of voter fraud.

Making it easier to commit voter fraud, is not a way to fix that.

Everything I have heard suggested won't effect voter fraud, just suppress the voting.

Not all lobbyists are bad. Sometimes it's the only way for some people to have a voice in Washington. Speaking out publicly and as early as possible is a good thing as long as lobbyists are there to talk and not bribe.

Early voting is great because it gives people time to vote as many times as they want, right?

I don't see the need for early voting. I think we should all vote at the same time and if people having trouble getting out they can request an absentee ballot and vote by mail. Politicians aren't trying to make things easier for people when they come up with this stuff. It benefits them and I don't trust it.

Yes more people voting is good in my world. More people voting will help balance out the nuts who are too far to the left or the right.

No it won't. What are you talking about? How would getting more stupid people that can be swayed by those nutz, balance anything out?

The people who care enough.... and are informed enough, to vote.... will do so regardless of the system.

It's the people who don't care, and are not informed, and can be swayed by the nutz with a good "hope and change" and "yes we can!" slogans, that your system of "vote weeks in advance, vote from your bath tube, vote from your cell phone, vote from your lazy boy and the remote!" will be swept into the election system.

That will simply make the fringe groups even more power, because they will have more ability to whip up the ignorant and stupid.

Sorry the more people to vote the better as far as I'm concerned. Most people aren't so stupidly political and are more moderate. Based on previous discussions with you I don't think your very smart, but I still think you should vote.

You prove exactly what I'm saying. You have proven yourself ignorant and stupid, and yet you are allowed to ruin the country by voting idiots into office.

Or how about you don't make personal attacks, and we can discuss this in an adult fashion?

Grow up or get off the forum. This is a forum for adults.

Now can anyone explain why voting early is bad? I mean, it seems there is a pattern to limit instead of expand voting opportunities.

Early voting is another abomination created by liberals.

One of my duties during elections is to open and close one of our early voting sites. I am there every morning and every evening for 14 straight days.

I refuse to vote early even though it would be the most convenient way for me to vote.

I vote on Election Day.

Well, you must be very proud of yourself. But some people have a hard time getting to the polls during normal hours. What's wrong with allowing people to vote early?

The people with the hardest time getting to the polls are the ones working two job trying to make ends meet. Many may be black, or single mothers and in a lower income bracket. The GOP figures they will vote Democratic, so they want to make it harder for them to vote.

The wealthy, the affluent have no problem getting to the polls. They vote for the GOP. The GOP figures their war on voting will negate the demographic changes that are happening. As usual, they are wrong.

You prove exactly what I'm saying. You have proven yourself ignorant and stupid, and yet you are allowed to ruin the country by voting idiots into office.

Or how about you don't make personal attacks, and we can discuss this in an adult fashion?

Grow up or get off the forum. This is a forum for adults.

Ok so you can talk about not wanting all these stupid people to vote, then your offended because I don't think your very smart? I was making a point you obviously didn't get it.

If you vote early, you can vote often. IF you have to vote on the same day as the rest of us, you will likely not have time to go to several other counties to vote again and again.

As usual, the left seems to think that only allowing the person to vote once is somehow preventing them from voting at all.

Hold on...I ask how voting early is bad and you make up an entire fiction (Voting multiple times0 as a reason to oppose it...Then finished the lie you made up with a lie about the left wants the lie you just crafted.

Very clever...You thought...but obvious bullshit based in a dimesion other than reality.

Of course you will deny it as being false so thats why I'm going to ask you now you show where multiple voting is a problem with evidence, proof or links.

But you wont because making the lie is easy finding proof to back it is not.:badgrin:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71CyRYy7y3g]Republican Operative Paul Weyrich - "I Don't Want Everybody To Vote" - YouTube[/ame]

Because you don't want it 'easier', to vote, you want it easier to commit voter fraud.

I've seen very little proof we have any significant amount of fraud. If there is any you can guarantee both parties are doing it equally. We have low enough voter turnout as it is. I see no reason to make it harder.

So more stupid people voting, is good in your world? Do you support the party of stupid then, and see this as a benefit?

Where has our constitution ever required an intelligence requirement for voting. Our founders gave the vote to illiterate voters....what a liberal concept

I've seen very little proof we have any significant amount of fraud. If there is any you can guarantee both parties are doing it equally. We have low enough voter turnout as it is. I see no reason to make it harder.

Where has our constitution ever required an intelligence requirement for voting. Our founders gave the vote to illiterate voters....what a liberal concept

Could have sworn that only land and business owners could vote..... you know... the people who actually have a stake in the country, and generally know what is going on. You don't think so?

Forum List

Back