Scott Brown Momentum

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Sinatra, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Sinatra

Sinatra Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    This guy's campaign is FANTASTIC.

He brings forth such a positive and respectful message, with nary a word against his oppoenent - simply sharing his views in a direct and common sense way.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yu_af4KbdE[/ame]

2. Maple

Maple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +568
    All we can do is pray Sinatra. Pray for a Scott Brown win.:eusa_pray::eusa_pray:

3. Missourian

Missourian Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,124
    What are the polls looking like today?

4. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,719
    You got it right. I'm praying that he wins. I believe that he will and I believe he will vote against the health care reform bill but what scares me is the thought of the Democrats buying off another Republican Senator to plug up the hole and give them the 60 votes. I'm fearful of that. I really hope that doesn't happen. Sad to say though, every politician can be bought.

5. Sinatra

Sinatra Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    I came across something this morning indicating internal polling by the Coakley camp that has them "very concerned".

I don't have a lot of contacts on the east coast, so information has been tough to gleen, and the Brown camp is really keeping the organizational situation very focused and very tight - they don't wish for outside interference.

This is in great contrast to Coakely who is sending out the SOS to the Democrat Party Machine...

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. get_involved

get_involved Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +565
    The people of Mass-of-stupids are pretty dumb. It will take a miracle for Brown to win. He doesn't have a D after his name.

7. Sinatra

Sinatra Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    Ultimately he may not win this race - but the fact it is so close, and one of the primary components of his campaign is against Obamacare, sends a very powerful signal to all Democrats across the nation.

The people are not happy with the direction Obama and the Big Government libs are taking us. They weren't happy when it was Bush Inc. doing it, and even more so now.

Scott Brown is tapping into the discord, and doing it with such skill I am frankly stunned at just how good this guy is.

Even if this particular race is lost, 2010 and beyond is looking very very promising for the Republican Party - IF, they learn from Scott Brown's very effective example...

8. SwingVoter

SwingVoter VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +129
  9. Claudette

Claudette Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,679
    Your so right. It seems no matter what party you support there are loads of folks out there who are unhappy with BO and his agenda. Just as many were unhappy with Bush and Rightly so.

For such a smart man BO should have know his agenda was not going to fly.. America has always been a centerist country and for him to try the crap he's trying is just plain dumb. Whoever is advising him ain't very smart either. Jeeze. for people who think they are smarter than the average American they sure suck. Charisma and elegant speeches will only get you so far. BO is finding that out in one big hurry.

I agree about Brown. This guy amazes me also. Who would have thunk that a Rep would ever be a serious contender in MA? Especially running for a seat that a Kennedy filled for 40 years?? Romney getting elected to Gov had me falling off my chair in amazment also.

Here's to Scott Brown. Hope this dude pulls it off. My only wish is that he were running for office down here in Florida..

10. del

del BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,885
    actually, except for a short period of time while a placeholder held the seat until teddy turned 30, there's been a kennedy in the seat for 56 years.