Scotch (and one Irish Whiskey) recommendations

Steerpike

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2007
As long a we're recommending...

Laphroaig 18 year cask strength. This stuff is excellent.

Clynelish is a good single malt, particularly if you like a more mellow, slightly sweet scotch. You can get a good 12 year I think. The 20 year is nice but will run you over $100

If you have the money, try a Dalwhinnie 29 year. Costs about $250 or $300 a bottle.

Cragganmore is good.

McCallan makes a 12 year for about $40 that isn't bad.

As for the Irish Whiskey - try Connemara. It is a peaty Irish Whiskey; much better than most.

I have yet to try any of the good scotch's from across the way but I did tap into a bottle of chivas regal over the holidays that i thought was a lot smoother than the bottle of Glenlivet from last year. I hate to say it but i thing that foul shit is growing on me.

Oh, keeping drinking it and it will grow more. I'll hook you up with a bottle of Clynelish, which is quite smooth. That and a good cigar and you're set.

I'll take you up on that.

Strangely, I took down almost 80% of a 750ml bottle of chivas and didn't get as hammered as I thought i'd get.

oh, and the Third edition will be available on thursday

Oban for me (I'm boring and product loyal).

A shop near here has the Macallan 30 year which is very pricey but one of these days I may go in on a bottle with some friends. Until then I'll just stick to the 12 year (which I drink from time to time).

For mixed drinks I usually use Crown Royal or Jack.

I've always loved rum but Wine is my drink.

Alcohol makes me say crazy things anyway. Just think.. Im sober when posting here.

Forum List

Back