Scientist's use crazy math to send a satellite to Pluto....

• Banned
When I was a kid in the 50's and 60's, I believed that science could solve any problem, no matter how complex and challenging. Then I grew up.
Oh darn really? Btw I can't help but notice that you have a high speed internet connection and immediate access to the entirety of all accumulated human knowledge via the internet!

When I was a kid in the 50's and 60's, I believed that science could solve any problem, no matter how complex and challenging. Then I grew up.
Oh darn really? Btw I can't help but notice that you have a high speed internet connection and immediate access to the entirety of all accumulated human knowledge via the internet!

Oh no, I don't need to rely on the web for immediate access to all the accumulated human knowledge ever...errr...accumulated. That's been between my ears since I was 4.

Sweetie Pie, you ain't had nothing between your ears since you were four. LOL

In my life time, I have seen humanity literally go from the point where the majority of people had no common way of communication with anyone outside of their immediate neighborhood, to where even where even natives in New Guinea have cell phones, and access to the whole of humanities knowledge. Changes in thought patterns between generations that in former times took decades if not centuries now are taking place in five year increments.

And there is the backlash to that. ISIS is a prime example. A return to a ealier more primitive time, and the barbarity of those times. Our own 'Conservatives' are another example. Absolutely against any kind of change, no matter how beneficial.

...the New Horizon satellite has traveled passed Mars, the Asteroid Belt, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus (no image since '86), Neptune (no image since '89), and it will somehow get close to Pluto and take hi-res pictures! Humanity is capable of SO MUCH!!! Yet it gets stuck on petty fucking things :(

NASA spacecraft almost to Pluto Smile for the camera - Yahoo News

This is awesome. Kind of a shame that Pluto was downgraded from planet to asteroid-like planetoid, but since I am not planning to spend vacation there...

In my life time, I have seen humanity literally go from the point where the majority of people had no common way of communication with anyone outside of their immediate neighborhood, to where even where even natives in New Guinea have cell phones, and access to the whole of humanities knowledge. Changes in thought patterns between generations that in former times took decades if not centuries now are taking place in five year increments.

And there is the backlash to that. ISIS is a prime example. A return to a ealier more primitive time, and the barbarity of those times. Our own 'Conservatives' are another example. Absolutely against any kind of change, no matter how beneficial.
Aren't hydrocarbons such useful things. :thup:

I know of no one who matches that description. What I do see are people who embrace change in some areas, not so much in others. Perhaps you cast your net a little far on that one.

Forum List

Back