Scientists confirm basic physics - CO2 makes it hotter.

What RickM19 seems to be having difficulty with is simple thermal conduction. Colliding molecules DO transfer kinetic energy and thus heat. It takes place faster and more effectively in solids and liquids, but it still takes place in gases. And the mixing possible in fluids can dramatically enhance the effect.

Perhaps I missed something Billy Boy, but how does transfers between Hadley cells show that no CO2 warming is taking place?
I understand simple thermal conduction just fine. But the question was "does cold air make warm air warmer?". So for simple thermal conduction I would think that whatever the temperature difference is that the resulting temperature would be an average of the difference in temperature.
Meaning the warm air does it get warmer. Seems to be a point the warmers can't grasp.
Meaning the warm air does it get warmer
Does it? You mean doesn't correct?
corrected. Thanks

For the umpteenth time: ALL matter emits infrared radiation, even if it's 0.1C above absolute zero. And even it its surrounded by 50,000 degree nuclear fusion. I guarantee you that sitting in an igloo is a lot warmer than sitting in interstellar space.
So, does cold air make warm air warmer?

What RickM19 seems to be having difficulty with is simple thermal conduction. Colliding molecules DO transfer kinetic energy and thus heat. It takes place faster and more effectively in solids and liquids, but it still takes place in gases. And the mixing possible in fluids can dramatically enhance the effect.

Perhaps I missed something Billy Boy, but how does transfers between Hadley cells show that no CO2 warming is taking place?
I understand simple thermal conduction just fine. But the question was "does cold air make warm air warmer?". So for simple thermal conduction I would think that whatever the temperature difference is that the resulting temperature would be an average of the difference in temperature.
Meaning the warm air does it get warmer. Seems to be a point the warmers can't grasp.
corrected. Thanks

For the umpteenth time: ALL matter emits infrared radiation, even if it's 0.1C above absolute zero. And even it its surrounded by 50,000 degree nuclear fusion. I guarantee you that sitting in an igloo is a lot warmer than sitting in interstellar space.
Well I wouldn't consider the second response the umpteenth time lol. SOO "Everything emits infrared radiation, although some solid materials are not totally efficient emitters (their infrared emissivity is less than 1.0) and most gases are mostly transparent to infrared radiation. " So since cold air is transparent to IR radiation does it still emit heat? I understand that air is still matter but not quit sure how cold air would emit IR radiation.

Photons do not know what the definition of happy medium is. The absolute value of one or the other is all it see's. The overwhelming flow from the hotter body will always over whelm the cooler one. The mathematical mass of the objects is what determines the resulting change in temperature. The cooler body will not slow the hotter bodies rate of thermal loss until they reach near equilibrium.

Last edited:
corrected. Thanks

Well I wouldn't consider the second response the umpteenth time lol. SOO "Everything emits infrared radiation, although some solid materials are not totally efficient emitters (their infrared emissivity is less than 1.0) and most gases are mostly transparent to infrared radiation. " So since cold air is transparent to IR radiation does it still emit heat? I understand that air is still matter but not quit sure how cold air would emit IR radiation.

All mater emits thermal IR. These photons, as in the case of CO2, will resonate at the wave length determined by the molecules temperature which emits them.

We even use this science to explore space. The Infrared signature can tell us the composition of far away stars and even atmospheric make up of other planets within our solar system. Oxygen (02) will emit at much the same frequency as CO2. Water Vapor will absorb about 85 % of the total light spectrum while oceans will only absorb 3-5% of the IR spectrum and its emissivity is very low. Only vary narrow bands will penetrate water to any depth.

Everything in the atmosphere emits IR at varying intensities and wave lengths. Any molecule above absolute zero has an IR signature. The question,can colder air warm warmer air is easily answered by physical laws. Heat alwasy flows from greater pressures to lower pressures. The lower pressure is alwasy overwhelmed by the higher pressure. Thus the answer is no..

Scientists witness direct correlation between CO2 emissions and how much solar radiation (heat to you) strikes the Earth.
Is it deleterious? Or is it beneficial? Or what?

Global warming doomsday cultists never consider those things. They merely consider all actions that humans perform to be inherently evil. If carbon dioxide is considered to be anthropogenic, it is necessarily evil and extremely destructive. It is certainly the most disgusting, horrific and utterly terrifying thing that ever existed in their brainwashed, marijuana-disabled and disillusioned scrambled minds.

However, if it wasn't considered to be anthropogenic... no big deal.

That's why the intelligent populace considers them to be idiotic global warming nutjobs.

Last edited:
corrected. Thanks

Trapped CO2 does make cold air warmer. It makes warm air warmer. It keeps the earths heat from escaping thus warming the air. I thought everyone already knew this..

corrected. Thanks

Trapped CO2 does make cold air warmer. It makes warm air warmer. It keeps the earths heat from escaping thus warming the air. I thought everyone already knew this..
so in your world cold air makes warm air warmer. wow dude, isn't that fusion? You have developed it. That isn't how the atmosphere works, but....

corrected. Thanks

so in your world cold air makes warm air warmer. wow dude, isn't that fusion? You have developed it. That isn't how the atmosphere works, but....
You must have a hard time reading. Where did I say cold air makes warm air warmer? Nice deflection.

corrected. Thanks

So tell me more about that runaway Martian Greenhouse Gas effect with its 96% CO2 atmosphere

corrected. Thanks

You must have a hard time reading. Where did I say cold air makes warm air warmer? Nice deflection.
my bad, I read it differently, ok, so you say that CO2 makes warm air warmer. so how much warmer does 20 PPM of CO2 make warm air, or 120 PPM of CO2 how much does it make warm air warmer? Glad to hear you have that info.

corrected. Thanks

So tell me more about that runaway Martian Greenhouse Gas effect with its 96% CO2 atmosphere
What do you want to know about Venus? Be specific.

my bad, I read it differently, ok, so you say that CO2 makes warm air warmer. so how much warmer does 20 PPM of CO2 make warm air, or 120 PPM of CO2 how much does it make warm air warmer? Glad to hear you have that info.
What does that have to do with the point that CO2 traps heat and warms the air? If you are trying to get me to do word problems, try that on someone that will indulge you in your deflections.

corrected. Thanks

hmm...Venus? How is Martian Greenhouse Gas considered Venus?

What does that have to do with the point that CO2 traps heat and warms the air? If you are trying to get me to do word problems, try that on someone that will indulge you in your deflections.
really, you're asking that question? So, you don't have any clue I see. Then tell me why I should be worried about increasing CO2? Why is it bad, if you can't tell me what degree bad it will be?

corrected. Thanks

Venus is hot because of atmospheric pressure.

Tell us why Martian CO2 is incapable of generating the dreaded runaway Greenhouse Effect, even at 96% of the atmosphere

Venus is hot because of atmospheric pressure.

Tell us why Martian CO2 is incapable of generating the dreaded runaway Greenhouse Effect, even at 96% of the atmosphere
because there isn't anyone living there for them to tax. Don't you see, runaway warming only exists if there is a money pot.

I was talking about the 96% CO2 atmosphere that Venus has.

So why is Venus hot and Mars not, is Martian CO2 different?

Is that what you're saying, they each have 96% CO2 atmosphere but only one has a runaway Greenhouse.

How strange

How does Martian CO2 differ?

Is that what you're saying, they each have 96% CO2 atmosphere but only one has a runaway Greenhouse.

How strange

You do realize that Venus is bigger than Mars and closer to the sun right?

Only simpletons think CO2 is the only variable. Where did you go to school?

No. Thats not what I am saying. How simplistic are you that you think 2 different objects with 2 different sets of variables are going to result in the same outcome?

How strange

You do realize that Venus is bigger than Mars and closer to the sun right?

Only simpletons think CO2 is the only variable. Where did you go to school?

No. Thats not what I am saying. How simplistic are you that you think 2 different objects with 2 different sets of variables are going to result in the same outcome?

So you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about, that's obvious

Forum List

Back