Science debunks Abiogenesis.

I did not ask if all life has DNA. I asked if they all contained the complex DNA They do not. Some are simpler.

But the complexity of an organism's dna is not an issue. The fact that it is unlikely does not make it impossible. It certainly is not any sort of proof of intelligent design.
You really need to brush up on genetics and information theory. It's not just unlikely. It's impossible. Nature cannot create complex specified information. It is the result of intelligent minds. DNA contains complex specified information, therefore someone created it. Also, did you know that the information to create proteins is encoded in our DNA? Why is that important? Because DNA cannot exist without those same proteins that are necessary to ensure that DNA copies itself correctly, and corrects any errors. It is a complex system that could not have evolved on it's own. One of those catch 22's that atheists like to ignore.

"complex specified information"

Oh my. A William Dembski groupie.

Encyclopedia of American Loons: Search results for William Dembski
Speaking of loons, your link is a blog by some guy named Chaospet. Too funny. I'm ROFLMAO! Surely you can do better then that. How about trying to refute something from the article I linked? Can you do that? Somehow, I doubt it. LOL! You people are so pathetic.

I did not ask if all life has DNA. I asked if they all contained the complex DNA They do not. Some are simpler.

But the complexity of an organism's dna is not an issue. The fact that it is unlikely does not make it impossible. It certainly is not any sort of proof of intelligent design.
You really need to brush up on genetics and information theory. It's not just unlikely. It's impossible. Nature cannot create complex specified information. It is the result of intelligent minds. DNA contains complex specified information, therefore someone created it. Also, did you know that the information to create proteins is encoded in our DNA? Why is that important? Because DNA cannot exist without those same proteins that are necessary to ensure that DNA copies itself correctly, and corrects any errors. It is a complex system that could not have evolved on it's own. One of those catch 22's that atheists like to ignore.

"complex specified information"

Oh my. A William Dembski groupie.

Encyclopedia of American Loons: Search results for William Dembski
Speaking of loons, your link is a blog by some guy named Chaospet. Too funny. I'm ROFLMAO! Surely you can do better then that. How about trying to refute something from the article I linked? Can you do that? Somehow, I doubt it. LOL! You people are so pathetic.
Let's be honest. Your article is similarly from a blog. A blog that the science community has no reason to take seriously. You are free to believe those charlatans as you wish. But you can't realistically expect anyone else should.

You really need to brush up on genetics and information theory. It's not just unlikely. It's impossible. Nature cannot create complex specified information. .

Still waiting to see that science debunking abiogenesis.
Then read the article. I bet you didn't even glance at it. Read it, then get back to me. Until you do, your opinion means nothing. How about trying to refute something from the article? I bet you can't do it.

Here is what you said- referring to 'science'
If they cannot do repeatable experiments on something, it's nothing but a WAG.

The article you cite is an opinion- and does not list any repeatable experiments to disprove abiogenesis.

That is your fundamental hypocrisy- you don't apply the same standard you claim is being applied to science.

Abiogenesis is a theory- it isn't proven by science- nor is it disproven by science.

Your thread is a lie.
Everything mentioned in that article is based on accepted science. And I ask again. Have you even read it? You haven't referenced it once. Can you refute anything it says?

I read most of it. And while I may not have quoted it, I summarized well enough. The conclusions are based on the claim that systems and forms are too complex to have evolved. The only way that can be said is if you are absolutely certain which were the first life forms. You have no way of knowing how many life forms evolved and died out in the hundreds of millions of years.

Can you say for certain that the dna we can now see and study is the only form, as far as complexity, that has ever existed?

The fact that science documents life forms and their complexity is not scientifically debunking anything.

"... It is the result of intelligent minds. DNA contains complex specified information, therefore someone created it."

... because I say so!
No. Because every scientific observation ever made says so. Or do you know of an example of such a thing actually being observed to happen? Didn't think so. Care to try again? And I'm still waiting for someone to try refuting anything from the article I posted. My guess is that you can't. Would you care to try?

"No. Because every scientific observation ever made says so."

... because I say so.

It's getting old, Bunky.

I'm afraid you're simply reiterating the Disco'tute party line

CI110: Complex Specified Information indicates design.
Answer me this. If you look at a computer, there is no doubt that someone designed and built it. DNA is more complex than our most advanced computers. It's information density is far superior to anything our technology has produced. And you actually believe that it was the result of chance? Unbelievable. Do yourself a favor. Do a little research on Gene regulatory networks. These are networks with thousands of components, all working together to regulate living processes. They exist in every cell. Not only that, there are meta GRN's comprised of multiple networks. And if just one of the thousands of components were missing, the cell would die. Our most powerful computers cannot model how they work. They are too complex. And all of this is managed by a microscopic molecule called DNA. If you cannot see the hand of the Creator in all of that, then you are willfully ignorant.

"... It is the result of intelligent minds. DNA contains complex specified information, therefore someone created it."

... because I say so!
No. Because every scientific observation ever made says so. Or do you know of an example of such a thing actually being observed to happen? Didn't think so. Care to try again? And I'm still waiting for someone to try refuting anything from the article I posted. My guess is that you can't. Would you care to try?

... because I say so.

It's getting old, Bunky.

Answer me this. If you look at a computer, there is no doubt that someone designed and built it. DNA is more complex than our most advanced computers. It's information density is far superior to anything our technology has produced. And you actually believe that it was the result of chance? Unbelievable. Do yourself a favor. Do a little research on Gene regulatory networks. These are networks with thousands of components, all working together to regulate living processes. They exist in every cell. Not only that, there are meta GRN's comprised of multiple networks. And if just one of the thousands of components were missing, the cell would die. Our most powerful computers cannot model how they work. They are too complex. And all of this is managed by a microscopic molecule called DNA. If you cannot see the hand of the Creator in all of that, then you are willfully ignorant.

"..... becauseI say so!"

And you continue to ignore my points that there is no way to know how many life forms rose and were lost in the hundreds of millions of years.
I ignored it because it is nothing more than an attempt to deflect the conversation. I might respond to you, if you had the guts to try to refute anything in the article. No one seems to want to do that for some strange reason. Would you like to be the first? Give us a quote from the article, then tell us why it's wrong. Can you do that? Can anyone do that? Sheesh!

Can I? Sure.

Origin of life - creation.com

There is the entire article. It goes into great depth about the complexity of life. No one is arguing it is not complex. That fact, in and of itself, does not debunk anything. Unless you have the first life form, you cannot even begin to guess at its complexity.

Look at the life forms that live on volcanic vents in the deep oceans. No sunlight it its entire foodchain. How different must those structures be? The only way that complexity is an issue is if you know what preceded it and can see the first life form.

... because I say so!
You're repeating yourself. I heard it the first time. Repeating it will not make you sound any more intelligent.

... because I say so!

The entire article can be refuted by asking you if the first cells were as complex as cells alive now? Unless you know that to be true, pointing out the complexity of current life forms does not debunk anything.

And you continue to ignore my points that there is no way to know how many life forms rose and were lost in the hundreds of millions of years.
I ignored it because it is nothing more than an attempt to deflect the conversation. I might respond to you, if you had the guts to try to refute anything in the article. No one seems to want to do that for some strange reason. Would you like to be the first? Give us a quote from the article, then tell us why it's wrong. Can you do that? Can anyone do that? Sheesh!

Can I? Sure.

Origin of life - creation.com

There is the entire article. It goes into great depth about the complexity of life. No one is arguing it is not complex. That fact, in and of itself, does not debunk anything. Unless you have the first life form, you cannot even begin to guess at its complexity.

Look at the life forms that live on volcanic vents in the deep oceans. No sunlight it its entire foodchain. How different must those structures be? The only way that complexity is an issue is if you know what preceded it and can see the first life form.
And where did that complexity come from? Complexity requires information. Where did the information come from? And you can't just simply claim that it's a result of chemistry. DNA contains information, yet the DNA is not the information. Information can be stored and transmitted by many mediums, including smoke signals. So. Where did the information necessary for increased complexity come from?

... because I say so!
You're repeating yourself. I heard it the first time. Repeating it will not make you sound any more intelligent.
You offered nothing of interest to respond to.

"The gawds did it" is hardly an argument.

... because I say so!

The entire article can be refuted by asking you if the first cells were as complex as cells alive now? Unless you know that to be true, pointing out the complexity of current life forms does not debunk anything.
Science has a pretty good grasp of the minimum complexity required for life. Scientists have found the minimum complexity of life to be about 2000 genes for a self supporting microbe, and about 400 genes for a parasitic microbe. So it is not enough that there be life's building blocks present - they must be arranged in a precise order (and all amino acids must be left-handed) in order for life to function at all. Think about that. Not only do you require the minimum number in the correct order, they must all be left handed. Do you really believe that's possible?

... because I say so!

... because I say so.

It's getting old, Bunky.

Saying that dna has more information stored than a computer is not showing complexity. Everything done, stored, calculated, combined, deleted or saved on a computer is based on programming that is either a 1 or a 0. 2 digits and a lot of data handling capability. That is not the complex part of the life forms with dna. DNA consists of variations and positioning of only 4 nucleotides. The expansiveness of teh data storage is impressive. But as long as it replicates, the data storage is based on relatively simple parts.

... because I say so!

Science has a pretty good grasp of the minimum complexity required for life. Scientists have found the minimum complexity of life to be about 2000 genes for a self supporting microbe, and about 400 genes for a parasitic microbe. So it is not enough that there be life's building blocks present - they must be arranged in a precise order (and all amino acids must be left-handed) in order for life to function at all. Think about that. Not only do you require the minimum number in the correct order, they must all be left handed. Do you really believe that's possible?

In the length of time we are talking about? Absolutely.

... because I say so!

I offered plenty to respond to. You have not refuted anything I've posted. All I saw from you was the usual talking points. I can see that you are not interested in a honest discussion of the facts. Remain ignorant then. I don't really care.

... because I say so!

I offered plenty to respond to. You have not refuted anything I've posted. All I saw from you was the usual talking points. I can see that you are not interested in a honest discussion of the facts. Remain ignorant then. I don't really care.

Classic. You're unable to respond to a single comment I've posted so you stomp your feet like a petulant child.

... because I say so!

... because I say so.

It's getting old, Bunky.

Saying that dna has more information stored than a computer is not showing complexity. Everything done, stored, calculated, combined, deleted or saved on a computer is based on programming that is either a 1 or a 0. 2 digits and a lot of data handling capability. That is not the complex part of the life forms with dna. DNA consists of variations and positioning of only 4 nucleotides. The expansiveness of teh data storage is impressive. But as long as it replicates, the data storage is based on relatively simple parts.
Unbelievable. You just don't get it. I'll give it one more try. Here is a short video. It is a CGI animation of what goes on inside a cell. If you can watch this and still not see the truth, then I give up.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/...=a5535d7fcec7848b57067f3b483007c9&action=view

... because I say so!

Classic. You're unable to respond to a single comment I've posted so you stomp your feet like a petulant child.
That's rich. All I've seen from you is mockery. Mostly the repetition of a single phrase..."Because I said so." You have contributed exactly nothing of value, let alone anything worth replying to. I gave you every chance. Good bye. I'll be ignoring you from now on.

... because I say so!

In the length of time we are talking about? Absolutely.
The impossible does not become possible, no matter how much time you give it.

The fact that it is unlikely does not make it impossible. It certainly is not any sort of proof of intelligent design.
But the implausibility of random coincidences of astronomical proportions IS MOST CERTAINLY circumstantial proof of a Creator, dude, not to mention the Infinite Regression Fallacy.

Forum List

Back