Schumer LOVES Military Parades...

a military parade is a weak ass idea I dont give two shits what side proposes one...

the Generals in the military keep giving more reasons to not have one than you can fathom ... but is anyone listening.

hell no.

Is anyone other than our President enthusiastic about this parade?

Schumer WOULD be if it was HIS idea and he could message it to benefit his party...

I never saw Schumer or any major political figure advocate a Soviet style parade

It is not what we do
We honor our veterans....we don't show off our toys

Really? Check 1991 -- post Gulf War. How much heavy armor was sitting on the Mall to mark that occasion?

It's the freaking US military. There are Fly-overs of Stealth bombers at EVERY MAJOR NATIONAL event. Think that doesn't cost more than $10M a year?

It's only a "Soviet Style March" because Schumer wasn't proposing it...

I'm actually against it because we are DEAD BROKE. Trump doesn't care about DEBT and deficits. So I'm just pointing out how much of my life and time you partisans are wasting worrying about PARADES and not a US Bond default if the interest rates go up...

Schumer WOULD be if it was HIS idea and he could message it to benefit his party...

I never saw Schumer or any major political figure advocate a Soviet style parade

It is not what we do

Really? Check 1991 -- post Gulf War. How much heavy armor was sitting on the Mall to mark that occasion?

It's the freaking US military. There are Fly-overs of Stealth bombers at EVERY MAJOR NATIONAL event. Think that doesn't cost more than $10M a year?

I'm actually against it because we are DEAD BROKE. Trump doesn't care about DEBT and deficits. So I'm just pointing out how much of my life and time you partisans are wasting worrying about PARADES and not a US Bond default if the interest rates go up...

Military parades are the latest "look squirrel!!"

It is not what we do

Literally -- Bread and Circuses under the current EMERGENCY STATE of this Union..

Here is another view

Fact check: Did Schumer, like Trump, call for a military parade in 2014?

But is Trump's idea of a "military parade" similar to the idea floated by Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer in 2014? A few conservative media outlets would have you believe that's the case.

...Is it true that Schumer wanted a military parade in 2014? It's important to know the facts, which are overlooked in the Daily Caller story.

...In April 2014, Schumer held a press conference to announce his proposal to hold a parade honoring Afghanistan and Iraq war veterans in New York City's "Canyon of Heroes," which hosted similar parades honoring Korean and Gulf War veterans in the 1990s.

New York City also hosted a victory parade after World War II.

A press release available on Schumer's website details his plan for a parade to honor Afghanistan and Iraq war veterans.

Maybe we should sit back and think instead of reflexivly defending or attacking...

Are the parade ideas the same?

Is Trumps parade idea what we want as a country? It comes dangerously ckose to glorifying the military not honoring..and potentially glorifying Trump as commandet in chief. That is a kittke worrisome and something former presidents have carefully avoided by staging parades honoring victories or returning vetetans.

Brownie points to anyone who can discuss without whatabouts :p

Our oldest are convinced the government is corrupt to the core. In fact one of them just got an outstanding grade on that very topic in a paper she did
Cool story, bro.

They'd mock you...with good reason.

Unlike you idiot leftists some of us raise our children to question what they're told. If you had you wouldn't be viewed as a lock stepping leftist sheeple. And you are.

Eventually you'll figure out I see you for what you are...and I really could not care less what you opine about.
Another cool story, bro......

No story, they would mock you. Your lame politics, your inability to stay on point, your incessant lying, your abnormal lifestyle and how you fall into party lines, your partisanship. At the tender age of 14 they are light years ahead of you.

Flacal has made valid point on this thread...and they've went woooosh right over your head because you can't think outside your partisanship box. You'd be all for anything a demoquack proposes and against anything a republican proposes. Deny it and you're simply incessantly lying again. It's you....and noted..and we both know you do ;)
No, Flacal made another lame, conservative attempt at.....

But....but....YOU do it too!

No he didn't and the reason you can't see it is you live in the partisanship box also.

It is not what we do

Literally -- Bread and Circuses under the current EMERGENCY STATE of this Union..

Exactly, while Rome burns the focus is on some dumbass parade. You can't even begin to make this shit up

I dont see why this is a partisan issue. The idea of a military parade is drawing bipartisan criticism for good reasons.

Trump's military parade draws bipartisan rebuke

Instead of looking at it folks are now busy with their whataboutisms.

When would be a GOOD idea?? When a Democrat proposes it to mark "Mission Accomplished" in Afghanistan without any mention of the sacrifices of those who served in IRAQ??

From the article I quoted above it was to honor both Iraq and Afghanistan veterans.

one General said the time spent training troops to march in unison well enough to impress the world and the president could be spent training to save the world and the president ...
Roger that -

OOORAH!

but I repeat myself .....

As soon as I saw this I knew it was righty wing misrepresentation.

Calling for a one off parade to mark the “end” of the Iraq does not equal what Trump wasn’t to do with his military might dicatorish “look at me” parade .

Righties are so intellectually dishonest .

I love how our Conservative posters jumped at the command to post........Schumer did it it too!

So predictable

Good you have an alternate. Because your 1st one was 90% Demo complaining and not really bipartisan at all..

From the MIGHTY "fact-checking" --

Schumer's office said if the Department of Defense participated in a parade, the agency would provide "joint military color guards, military bands, troop formations, equipment and flyovers."

That about covers it don't it?

All this DEFENSIVENESS on the Dem side is like criticizing what Spielberg/Disney MIGHT DO to fuck up the next Star Wars movie..

I dont see why this is a partisan issue. The idea of a military parade is drawing bipartisan criticism for good reasons.

On any topic you can find "bipartisan rebuke" and given the state of some on the right (RINOs) it's not difficult to do
And its easy to simply diminish it by labeling them rhinos for saying a ything against Trump. That is what it has come down to hasnt it?

Why couldnt all thst money for a parade be put into some sort of GI bill? I would actually give kudus to Trump for that.

Cool story, bro.

They'd mock you...with good reason.

Unlike you idiot leftists some of us raise our children to question what they're told. If you had you wouldn't be viewed as a lock stepping leftist sheeple. And you are.

Eventually you'll figure out I see you for what you are...and I really could not care less what you opine about.
Another cool story, bro......

No story, they would mock you. Your lame politics, your inability to stay on point, your incessant lying, your abnormal lifestyle and how you fall into party lines, your partisanship. At the tender age of 14 they are light years ahead of you.

Flacal has made valid point on this thread...and they've went woooosh right over your head because you can't think outside your partisanship box. You'd be all for anything a demoquack proposes and against anything a republican proposes. Deny it and you're simply incessantly lying again. It's you....and noted..and we both know you do ;)
No, Flacal made another lame, conservative attempt at.....

But....but....YOU do it too!

No he didn't and the reason you can't see it is you live in the partisanship box also.

Afraid he did

And like a mindless parrot....you followed suit

On any topic you can find "bipartisan rebuke" and given the state of some on the right (RINOs) it's not difficult to do
And its easy to simply diminish it by labeling them rhinos for saying a ything against Trump. That is what it has come down to hasnt it?

Why couldnt all thst money for a parade be put into some sort of GI bill? I would actually give kudus to Trump for that.

I think the idea is stupid so you're barking up the wrong tree...and if you don't recognize RINOs are in the republican party and causing some grief I don't know what to tell you.

I left the republicans long ago...they're as wishy washy and corrupt as the dems

This kind of thing is ALWAYS about covering up the BIG SCANDALS and emergencies. Like the deepinging Baby Boomer Debt that threatens the US Treasury's ability to SELL debt. Or world tensions. Or MASSIVE internal govt corruption..

That's what big parties and parades are REALLY about...

zekhwkg.jpg

Good you have an alternate. Because your 1st one was 90% Demo complaining and not really bipartisan at all..

From the MIGHTY "fact-checking" --

Schumer's office said if the Department of Defense participated in a parade, the agency would provide "joint military color guards, military bands, troop formations, equipment and flyovers."

That about covers it don't it?

All this DEFENSIVENESS on the Dem side is like criticizing what Spielberg/Disney MIGHT DO to fuck up the next Star Wars movie..
In honor of both Iraq and Afghanistan veterans. You caught that right? I guess the Daily Caller left that out.

What is Trumps Parade idea in honor of? What victory? What returning soldiers?

I believe the families that sacrifice while their love ones serve away at six month and year intervals should be rewarded by seeing their loved ones being honored.

Last edited:
This kind of thing is ALWAYS about covering up the BIG SCANDALS and emergencies. Like the deepinging Baby Boomer Debt that threatens the US Treasury's ability to SELL debt. Or world tensions. Or MASSIVE internal govt corruption..

That's what big parties and parades are REALLY about...

zekhwkg.jpg
Well a parade is a well established and expensive distraction.

I believe the families that sacrifice while heir love ones serve away at six month and year intervals should be rewarded by seeing their loved ones being honored.
There are many parades and events on Veyetans Day for that purpose.

It is not what we do

We routinely have flyovers and open houses at military bases

What we as Americans do not do is conduct exercises of "Look how powerful we are!"

In the past, we left that to tin pot dictators

Forum List

Back