School opens foodbank to help hungry kids

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Tennessee teacher admits to crying during class after a student's food question | Daily Mail Online

A teacher found herself in tears during the workday after she had a discussion with one student about the lack of food he had, and it inspired the school to create a food pantry for children.

Brooke Goins, who works for Jacksboro Elementary School in Jacksboro, Tennessee, shared on Facebook on October 2 a conversation she had with one of her students about food.

Richest country in the World ?

Good for her. When the teachers went on strike here, many places opened up for lunch's for kids who might not have got one otherwise. Where I helped, we also made small bags of foods that the kids could take home.

Good for her. When the teachers went on strike here, many places opened up for lunch's for kids who might not have got one otherwise. Where I helped, we also made small bags of foods that the kids could take home.
We have these foodbanks all over the UK after 9 years of toryism.

UK is the size of Mississippi. Please STFU with your false equivalencies. You stupid bot.

UK is the size of Mississippi. Please STFU with your false equivalencies. You stupid bot.
In absolute agreement. You have food banks in the UK...good for you. We have food banks too.
And a nation that absolutely eclipses the UK. 11 US States That Are Larger Than the UK
The UK is 40 times smaller than the US. So imagine how many food banks it takes to feed the people in all that space.
Piss off, moron!

Tennessee teacher admits to crying during class after a student's food question | Daily Mail Online

A teacher found herself in tears during the workday after she had a discussion with one student about the lack of food he had, and it inspired the school to create a food pantry for children.

Brooke Goins, who works for Jacksboro Elementary School in Jacksboro, Tennessee, shared on Facebook on October 2 a conversation she had with one of her students about food.

Do you really want to get into a pissing match about our poor and yours? I don't really think you do. I've been to your country plenty of times. You people aren't struggling any less.

Ever see a kid who wasn't hungry? Regardless of the arrogant Brit opinion of Southern states like Tennessee, nobody starves in the greatest Country on earth unless they choose to do so. The ironic thing is that the majority of today's kids are overweight to obese due to poor eating habits.

A wealthy country can't stop parents from being drug addicts or alcoholics who can't take care of their children. We have all the food we need, but it breaks down in democrat voting districts when the parents can't phyically take care of their kids....

It isn't the Tories you moron.....you social welfare state can't cover the Bills anymore....and if you actually had to protect yourselves, you would have gone under decades ago...

Correction: ^^^ Dumbest poster on the Board ^^^

Can someone tell me where food stamps DON'T cover a family's food needs?

They actually give you quite a bit, but it seems the majority squander that money on chips and soda.

I've personally lived comfortably on $10-$15 a week.

The uneducated poor are poor because of his heir poor decisions. Maybe the government should go back to giving actual food and not an allowance to buy food.

It isn't the Tories you moron.....you social welfare state can't cover the Bills anymore....and if you actually had to protect yourselves, you would have gone under decades ago...
During WWII actually. We kept England afloat by sending them ships, planes, etc. when they were desperately needed.
And not just during the war but after. Anglo-American loan - Wikipedia

Nobody wants to rub England's face in the existential debt they owe to us but if some worthless dick from the UK wants to point to perceived flaws about the US due to a lack of Spaghetti-o's (seriously...read the source material) then he can jolly well go fuck himself!

'I did not write this for anyone to get praise, nobody did it for the praise,' Brooke wrote. 'I want people to know that teachers are humans, we love your kids and want the very best for them".

Translation: I'm virtue signaling by giving kids ultra-processed junk food that their parents won't let them eat at home.

Forum List

Back