School of Rock

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
This was a really great movie! I haven't seen a live-action movie this innocent and happy, while still entertaining for adults, in a long time. In case you don't know, it's about an aspiring rock guitarist (Jack Black) who poses as his roommate in order to get a job as a substitute teacher. Once he gets the job, he learns that many of his students are prodigious musicians and immediately goes to work teaching the kids all about rock, hoping to use their skills to win the local Battle of the Bands contest. It's a great movie for kids, older kids anyway, the PG-13 rating is really ridiculous for this movie. There were maybe five total bad words in the whole movie (nothing worse than 'ass'), and for some reason the MPAA says it got this rating for 'drug references', but I couldn't find a single one. I will say if you don't like Jack Black's personality, you probably won't like this, but he's a lot more charming and personable than he has been in anything before. This is the rare movie that's as entertaining for adults as kids. It's kinda cool to know that these kids are playing their own instruments, it's pretty crazy to hear and see AC/DC's "It's a Long Way to the Top". SirEvil, you'll probably appreciate this from a musician's standpoint, a lot of it's about the love of rock music, and it has a killer soundtrack too. Great movie, 5 stars out of 5.

Janeeng and SirEvil, I also noticed in the end credits that they filmed at least part of this in Edison Township, and also some in Rahway Township. Watch it and see if you recognize anything.

Would of like to seen the more humorous Jack Black,

I imagine they probably had to tone him down, since when you just let him loose, he tends to enjoy his F-bombs.

I read an article about the movie. Jack's scematic of rock history on the the chalkboard took them days, even though it was only in the movie for a few seconds Jack wanted it to be acurate.

School of Rock was a good and fun flick. My wife just bought the cd last night.:cool:

Forum List

Back