School Just Saved From FL Copycat Attack When Shooter Didn’t See Who Was Behind Him

Jackson, seems that you are very afraid of the scary AR-15, is that true?

This is a .308 hunting rifle, makes the AR-15 more like a .22. How far are you planning to ban?

3682481_01_century_arms_308_640.jpg
Thank you for asking. Yes, I am scared of any repeating rifle or gun that could be in a setting where many people could killed or injured in a very short time span.
then you're against guns period cause they all can be.

Nope

fair enough - i made a bit of a jump in what you said to my reply. but basically any gun when the shooter knows how to use it can fire quickly and a lot of rounds. outside the AR15 there's a ton of other "military looking" guns out there but functionally they operate the same as a wooden stock .308 hunting rifle, just more bullets and that would be the bigger difference in the 2.

Ideberg, it's hard for me to comprehend or even try to when were talking about guns. So, I am basically ignorant as to what I say should abd should not be allowed. I see a compromise in our future... The school shootings ar generally done by teens or youngs adults. Do, there should be a law to limit gun sales to those 25 and older. Any gun that can wipe out a mass of people within seconds. Never sell guns without a background check, that means gun shows unless the check can be done while you wait and =you still don't get it until for a week.

All mental illnesses not under control have to be reported to homeland security.

we are going to have to compromise yes. neither side likes it cause neither side trusts the other.

i can see raising the age limit to get certain types of guns (won't be effective, they can just steal one or use something else)
i can see better background checks and this *is* needed.

but we have to look at the entire picture if we want to change it. we can't simply slap on some band aids and call it done. not anymore.

BREAKING: School Just Saved From FL Copycat Attack When Shooter Didn’t See Who Was Behind Him

A Southern California high school was almost shot up, but the plot was foiled when the potential shooter didn’t see who was behind him. The suspect, a 17-year-old student at El Camino High, had allegedly had an issue with a teacher banning headphones during class.

It was later that the student accidentally gave away his plot to shoot up the school because he didn’t look behind him when disclosing his plans. The student had stated that they planned to shoot up the school within a few weeks and a school resource officer happened to hear the conversation. That’s when then guard sprung into action.

The sheriff’s office went into action and completed a quick investigation of the student, whose identity is withheld because of his age, and what the law enforcement found was absolutely sickening. Upon investigation of the boy’s home, the authorities found an arsenal of weapons and ammo that could certainly be used to commit a heinous act of terror in a school shootin

BREAKING: School Just Saved From FL Copycat Attack When Shooter Didn't See Who Was Behind Him - UPLYFTING

Shooting plot at CA high school thwarted, police say

We hae to stop allowing AR-15's.
Isn't it great<SARCASM> that the liberals took God out of the public education system? Those kids definitely looked pissed off for having to pray to a God that allowed them to be free.

o-SCHOOL-PRAYER-facebook.jpg
How can praying to a god (which one, btw?) protect someone from bullets flying?
I don't think I can explain it to an athiest,

Thank you for asking. Yes, I am scared of any repeating rifle or gun that could be in a setting where many people could killed or injured in a very short time span.

Nope

fair enough - i made a bit of a jump in what you said to my reply. but basically any gun when the shooter knows how to use it can fire quickly and a lot of rounds. outside the AR15 there's a ton of other "military looking" guns out there but functionally they operate the same as a wooden stock .308 hunting rifle, just more bullets and that would be the bigger difference in the 2.

Ideberg, it's hard for me to comprehend or even try to when were talking about guns. So, I am basically ignorant as to what I say should abd should not be allowed. I see a compromise in our future... The school shootings ar generally done by teens or youngs adults. Do, there should be a law to limit gun sales to those 25 and older. Any gun that can wipe out a mass of people within seconds. Never sell guns without a background check, that means gun shows unless the check can be done while you wait and =you still don't get it until for a week.

All mental illnesses not under control have to be reported to homeland security.

we are going to have to compromise yes. neither side likes it cause neither side trusts the other.

i can see raising the age limit to get certain types of guns (won't be effective, they can just steal one or use something else)

but we have to look at the entire picture if we want to change it. we can't simply slap on some band aids and call it done. not anymore.

I agree with you. Societal ills are also involved. Fatherless homes? Bullied kids? Obvioul;y, anyone who wants to koll masses of people, many he doesn't know has a major proble, That has to be adressed.

Nope

I agree with you. Societal ills are also involved. Fatherless homes? Bullied kids? Obvioul;y, anyone who wants to koll masses of people, many he doesn't know has a major proble, That has to be adressed.

i don't think it's a coincidence that most of the shooters (if not all, depends on what you read) are on meds for xyz reasons. i think we as a culture run to meds too often to deal with problems. maybe that on it's own is creating more.

bodecea aka BodadbodabodaBodey

Break-down

• During the first decade of the 20th century there were 16 (1903 (2 shootings), 04 (3), 05 (2), 07 (2), 08 (2), 09 (5).
  • During the 1910s there were 19 (1910 (3 shootings), 1911, 12 (2), 14, 15 (2), 16 (2), 17 (2), 18 (2), 19 (3).
  • During the 1920s there were 10 (1920 (7 shootings), 22 (2), 26).
  • During the 1930s there were 9 (1930, 31, 34, 35, 36 (2), 37 (2), 38).
  • During the 1940s there were 8 (1940 (2 shootings), 42, 46, 47, 48, 49 (2)).
  • During the 1950s there were 17 (1950, 51 (4), 52 (2), 53, 54 (2), 55, 56 (2), 57, 58 (2), 59).
  • During the 1960s there were 18 (1960 (3 shootings), 61 (2), 66 (4), 67, 68 (4), 69 (4)). <<Enter taking God out of schools
  • During the 1970s there were 30 (1970 (5 shootings), 71 (2), 73 (2), 74 (4), 75 (3), 76 (3), 77, 78 (7), 79 (3)). <<Whoah! That escalated quickly!
  • During the 1980s there were 39 (1980 (4 shootings), 81 (3), 82 (3), 83, 84 (4), 85 (5), 86 (5), 87 (5), 88 (6), 89 (3)). And moar!
  • During the 1990s there were 63 (1990 (2 shootings), 91 (6), 92 (7), 93 (10), 94 (10), 95 (4), 96 (7), 97 (6), 98 (7), 99 (6)). And Moar!
The trend continues in the 2000s

Break-down

• During the 1st decade there were 63 (2000 (5 shootings), 01 (5), 02 (7), 03 (4), 04 (3), 05 (5), 06 (11), 07 (5), 08 (11), 09 (7))
    • During the 2010s (as of 20 February 2018) the total number is 145 shootings (2010 (11 shootings), 11 (7), 12 (11), 13 (26), 14 (36), 15 (21), 16 (16), 17 (9), 18 (8)).

School shootings in the United States - Wikipedia

This is getting into the "thoughtcrimes" category.

PS: Not sure how you draw the conclusion in the last sentence of your OP.

That's kinda :cuckoo:
sorry. We have to stop allowing AR-15's to be sold. Does that help?

No, and it would not help.

How about teaching the kids to be good, and right from wrong, and "Thou shalt not kill" and applying a little discipline when they're younger?

Leftist indoctrination is directly responsible for the proclivity of school shootings.

There is no right and wrong, 50 shades of gray instead.

Subjective morality and Secular Humanism.

Is it any wonder some kids choose "black"? Especially when they've never had any discipline their entire life?
(I meant, "Does that phrase help you understand the question, ;o;)

If course it would help if you severely curtail ways of getting those arms. That;s a given. You just are trying to honor our Second amendment. I honetly don't think the framers of the Constitution would ever had a agreed to ar-15 be open stock for teenagers or anyone other than LE.

Guns...yes just not AR-15, grenades and hydrogen bombs.

This is a .308 hunting rifle, makes the AR-15 more like a .22. How far are you planning to ban?

I notice you aren't scared of a whacko nut job radical mooslim or MS-13 member who might come at you with a machete, why is that? Seems that you are more scared of an inanimate object that wont kill you when no one holds it, but will be a victim of some other crime that could be avoided if you only had a gun. Oh well, stupid is as stupid votes and they vote Democrat.

Muslim Hacks Wife To Pieces, Tells Cops It's Because She Denied One Request
MS-13 Lures 4 Young Men To A Park And Hacks Them To Death In Long Island

How about teaching the kids to be good, and right from wrong, and "Thou shalt not kill" and applying a little discipline when they're younger?

Leftist indoctrination is directly responsible for the proclivity of school shootings.

Is it any wonder some kids choose "black"? Especially when they've never had any discipline their entire life?
ession?
If course it would help if you severely curtail ways of getting those arms. That;s a given. You just are trying to honor our Second amendment. I honetly don't think the framers of the Constitution would ever had a agreed to ar-15 be open stock for teenagers or anyone other than LE.

I notice you aren't scared of a whacko nut job radical mooslim or MS-13 member who might come at you with a machete, why is that? Seems that you are more scared of an inanimate object that wont kill you when no one holds it, but will be a victim of some other crime that could be avoided if you only had a gun. Oh well, stupid is as stupid votes and they vote Democrat.

What gave you that impression?

This isn't a matter of relating to a person's lifestyle. It's a matter of whast makes a mentally ill person dangerous.

A mentally ill person is dangerous when roaming freely in public.

There was a time when a person was "put away" by his family or community after displaying unhealthy behavior. They were kept away from the public and away from firearms. It worked. Then all that changed.

Here's an article addressing Deinstitutionalization from 1984. 1984.

HOW RELEASE OF MENTAL PATIENTS BEGAN
By RICHARD D. LYONS
Published: October 30, 1984

Deinstitutionalization
In 1955, though, all that changed with the introduction of Thorazine, the first antipsychotic medication that was effective enough to make it possible for people to be medicated for severe mental illnesses like schizophrenia.

Starting shortly after Thorazine was introduced, the United States went through a major social movement known as deinstitutionalization, where large numbers of mentally ill patients were released from mental institutions to live in the general population. Ten years after Thorazine began the deinstitutionalization movement, federal Medicaid and Medicare were introduced. Because Medicaid and Medicare did not cover patients' costs for living in state mental institutions, many more patients were moved into general hospitals, outpatient medical clinics or halfway houses. In short, they joined the general population.

Deinstitutionalization Movement of the 1960s and Other Mental Health Issues - Video & Lesson Transcript | Study.com

This isn't a matter of relating to a person's lifestyle. It's a matter of whast makes a mentally ill person dangerous.

A mentally ill person is dangerous when roaming freely in public.

There was a time when a person was "put away" by his family or community after displaying unhealthy behavior. They were kept away from the public and away from firearms. It worked. Then all that changed.

Here's an article addressing Deinstitutionalization from 1984. 1984.

By RICHARD D. LYONS
Published: October 30, 1984

Deinstitutionalization
In 1955, though, all that changed with the introduction of Thorazine, the first antipsychotic medication that was effective enough to make it possible for people to be medicated for severe mental illnesses like schizophrenia.

Starting shortly after Thorazine was introduced, the United States went through a major social movement known as deinstitutionalization, where large numbers of mentally ill patients were released from mental institutions to live in the general population. Ten years after Thorazine began the deinstitutionalization movement, federal Medicaid and Medicare were introduced. Because Medicaid and Medicare did not cover patients' costs for living in state mental institutions, many more patients were moved into general hospitals, outpatient medical clinics or halfway houses. In short, they joined the general population.

Deinstitutionalization Movement of the 1960s and Other Mental Health Issues - Video & Lesson Transcript | Study.com

And then there's that. In the 50s, that kid would have already been in Mariana, or Chattahoochee.

That's number 5 prevented in less than a week. See something,say something is only as effective as the do something. As the days pass since Parkland we are learning how much they didn't do which is why the frenzy of we need gun grabbing now before their malfeasance came to light.

Taking the morals and discipline out of schools is/was a double whammy.

What did they expect when purposely rearing up a bunch of undisciplined heathens?

Almost as bad as state babies.

And then there's that. In the 50s, that kid would have already been in Mariana, or Chattahoochee.

I grew up in Georgia in the 60's and I remember my grandparents and great uncles/aunts often commenting (about someone's unusual behavior), "Belongs in Milledgeville."

Of course there were abuses and horror stories but rather than reforming state mental hospitals, they were closed in favor of cheaper drug therapy.

Cheaper for who?

I grew up in Georgia in the 60's and I remember my grandparents and great uncles/aunts often commenting (about someone's unusual behavior), "Belongs in Milledgeville."

Of course there were abuses and horror stories but rather than reforming state mental hospitals, they were closed in favor of cheaper drug therapy.

Cheaper for who?

Society was better as a whole when they were open.

Right about now, I just feel like hanging my head.

ession?

What gave you that impression?
Yes, I am scared of any repeating rifle or gun that could be in a setting
If that repeating rifle or gun(I assume pistol) is sitting on a table with no one around, could it start killing lots of people? Do you know at Cabela's that repeating rifles and pistols are all over the place yet not one person is killed? Why is that?

072910_GunLib_Wheeling_1a.jpg

Cheaper for who?
Of course there were abuses and horror stories but rather than reforming state mental hospitals
And now that 47% voting base who would never vote for Romney are running around, ruining this country for the rest of US.

f07c66b66978438ac438a7cc1ba81a61.jpg

This is getting into the "thoughtcrimes" category.

PS: Not sure how you draw the conclusion in the last sentence of your OP.

That's kinda :cuckoo:

Sure they would.

AR-15..Tho THcary!

It's a gun like any other, except it's modularity makes it versatile and kinda cheap.

Do I want one? No. Do I want people to be able to get them as easily as I get the guns I want? Yes.
I used to be anti gun control, but give me ammunition (pun intended) here please for why we need to allow anyone of age to obtain an AR -15.

"the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

I was listening to a call-in show this morning and the topic was arming teachers. Several teachers called in. One commented how children who are discipline problems are no longer expelled. She commented how it is very hard to have a disruptive child removed from the classroom because the administrative guidance these days dictates that the problem child is to be kept in class to the detriment of the well behaving kids.

WTF!? I got expelled for 3 days in High School for a minor nonviolent incident. Kids got expelled regularly and when their expulsion days exceeded the maximum days allowed to be missed per year, guess what? They didn't pass that year and had to repeat or quit. The school system gave us wake up calls: Hack it or pack it punk. I got the message. Two of my buddies didn't and went on to a life of drugs, jail and poverty.

We need to go back to harsh and immediate punishment in school. The good kids will get the message. The problem children will be identified, removed and dealt with early. Isolated in mental institutions if warranted where they can no longer be disruptive or dangerous.

If 5 or more thug, home invaders where walking up your driveway, you wouldn't want the capability to kill all of them?
If I saw 5 thugs walk up the driveway, I sure wouldn't shoot the, I'd come into contact with many more in prison.

You call the sheriff and be ready (with a readied firearm) for when they breach your doorway.

Forum List

Back