Schivo's Father needs to appologize to Jeb

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by Working Man, Mar 26, 2005.

1. Working Man

Working Man Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +47
    Terry's dad should bite his upper lip.. If he has any sense in his head he will appologize to Jeb Bush.. I think ol Jeb has done all he can without getting himself arrested in the Florida right to die issue....

My other opinion is that the Pope should have made the call to get the tube back in.. If he can't, I am sorry, he should step down.. Not that he is too old to get the job done, or too frail,, but there isn't anyone else getting it done either.. But wait,, if I feel that way then I am counter dicting myself. To tell the pope to pack it in because his health is iffy is to agree with those who feel that Terry is done and should be let to die.. I sure as hell don't want someone making up my "check out" time for me...

I never heard Terry say it was ok to pull the plug on her..Unless someone can give me a notorized document that proves she said it, or has a tape of it... I say let her parents have her, and let them take care of her if that is what they want out of life..

Odd things in America..
    There are rapists and murderers on death row.. The liberal Democrats "anti death penalty types" will lay themselves down to protect this scum from execution, even when the bad guys have admitted to doing it, and want to be executed..

Yet,, they the same LD's are the first to tell Terry that "Your ass is toast girl, starve and be gone!"

Hell of a country we live in.. We will get together tomorrow and celebrate what??? While watching tv, eating, drinking, etc.. Hope people can find time between meal courses to think of a starving girl who has loved ones watching her die because of politics.

2. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403

I think TERRI is going to die because no one wants to buck OR break the law anymore

3. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533
    "...Every man's death dimishes me, for I am involved with mankind. Therefore, send not to know for whom the bell tolls - it tolls for thee." - John Donne

4. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +618
    Who's Debbie?

5. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937

Come on man, it doesn't even rhyme with Terri! :laugh:

6. Shattered

Shattered Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    counter dicting

????

Contradicting, perhaps? Back to "work" with you.

7. Gem

Gem BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +782
    I'm sorry...but its ludicrous that you would take the time to write the post but not enough time to learn the name of the woman you claim to be so interested in saving. Have you read ANYTHING about this case?

I understand that you have strong feelings about this case...and I respect your right to have those opinions, but unless you have a basic understanding of the facts of the situation, you simply come across as uninformed and raving.

8. Working Man

Working Man Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +47
    SO what have the critics done to protect and preserve life?

Would it make a difference if I called her Bob? The bottom line is that she, a person by any other name, is going to be starved to death.

I would bet that this great society of ours is about to go belly-up too from starvation. Ironic. Lack of concern, moral value, and civic duty.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    People are more concerned that the law is being followed----apparently examining the morality of the law would be too much trouble

10. Jimmyeatworld

Jimmyeatworld Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    I agree with your general sentiment, but I think you're being a bit over dramatic. I don't think our society is going to go belly up because of this one situation. Jeb Bush has done everything he legally can and no fault can be put at his feet, but you have to remember that Mr. Schindler is a good father that is watching his daughter die. The natural instinct of any good parent is to protect their children, and I think it's even more intense when you are talking about a father protecting his little girl.

Legally speaking, this whole thing boils down to one law. One group of doctors say one thing, another group says another thing. If Terri Shaivo said she wanted to die doesn't matter, if Michael Shaivo is telling the truth about her wishes or not doesn't matter. What the Pope says certainly doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is it's Michael Shaivo's call.

At this point it's too late for Terri. Even if the feeding tube were replaced the damage it's done to her body may be to far along and she will die anyway. My only hope is that she at least makes it until tomorrow so she won't die on Easter, and that the law is changed so one person doesn't have so much power over another based just on their word.