~Scary~

It's funny. I used to climb all the time. Mountains, cliff faces, bouldering etc. Never bothered me in the slightest. Jumping out of an airplane is a hell of a rush, but ladders...I hate ladders!
Hmm...now that you mention it, I've repelled down cliff faces, climbed them free-style. I used to love boulder fields. I positively love to fly.

Yet, when I stood on the edge of the Grand Canyon, it wobbled Me. Though in My defense, the damned thing looked like a post card, even live, and you just wanted to reach out and touch it.

I think I can relate to this as well.... I love to climb mountains and rock faces, but every once in a while I will freeze up and that scares the crap of me. I hate it when I am trucking along and all of a sudden I look down and its over for me... lock up and ya cant move :omg:

I guess I also fear rolling down huge hill or off an obstacle in my rockcrawling rig, or going over backwards like this

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNADLR2LVQg&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PLC11FFF25FD6C91D2]Jeep Flips Over On Roof - YouTube[/ame]

I get more nervous watching other people go near the edge...especially kids. There's a book you can buy at the Grand Canyon about the many fatalities...on average, one to three people fall off the rim to their death every year, usually posing for pics or just acting stupid.

I get more nervous watching other people go near the edge...especially kids. There's a book you can buy at the Grand Canyon about the many fatalities...on average, one to three people fall off the rim to their death every year, usually posing for pics or just acting stupid.

The day before my wife and I showed up there in '94 an old lady leaned on a rail and fell over :omg:

Tragic

I can believe it. The sight of it has a magnetism that just draws you to it. I don't recall where we were, south rim I think. There was no rails and there was this finger of rock sticking out over the edge, about 15 feet or so, and My dad just walked right out on it and looked around. My mother lost a few years that day and didn't speak to him for a few hours after that. It was one of the deepest points too. Something like 2,000 feet straight down.

Boo...

redback_2.jpg

:D

Ok.....wait a second......I need to clarify.........I am asking about something TO DO you would find scary.

I know losing a loved one is scary.....been there.

I was more curious about if anyone was a skeerdy cat of shit like roller coasters and such ~LoL~

Floundering at sea not knowing what is under me, like sharks.

Home catching fire is another fear I have.... damn I am a big freeking baby huh? :lol:

Yeah.....big bay-bee you :lol:

I am scared to death of certain roller coasters as well.
But I don't do too bad with heights....I have been up in the Arch in St. Louis.......

Ok- well I don't like heights. Wide open with nothing to hang on to. Freaks the crap out of me.
I can do roller coasters, I've flown airplanes, but I won't stand at the edge of a steep drop off or walk across a bridge with no railings. I have nightmares about it.

Ive had nightmares about having to climb one of those giant TV antennas you see from miles away sticking up in the air.

OMG those things give me the heebi jeebies! :omg:

Lightning also scares the crap outta me... had a really close call some years ago.
Then this video will give you the weebs!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k4Xk1mEwmI]massive climb up antenna station - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back