~Scary~

Dabs

~Unpredictable~
May 13, 2011
~Tennessee~
What do you consider the scariest thing in your life??
(excluding death)

Would it be sky-diving??...or bungee jumping??...or some other sumpin sumpin.

Or are you someone who has no fears??

For me, it would be a large body of water. I can't swim, so to be stuck out in the middle of an ocean or any large chunk of water where my feet can not reach bottom....would be a nightmare for me. I would die.

(excluding death)

For me, it would be a large body of water. I can't swim, so to be stuck out in the middle of an ocean or any large chunk of water where my feet can not reach bottom....would be a nightmare for me. I would die.

Not being able to provide for those that rely on me.

Ok.....wait a second......I need to clarify.........I am asking about something TO DO you would find scary.

I know losing a loved one is scary.....been there.

I was more curious about if anyone was a skeerdy cat of shit like roller coasters and such ~LoL~

I could never collect honey...even in a bee suit, just the sound of all that buzzing would make me faint.

(excluding death)

"Or are you someone who has no fears??"

When people ask me how I do the things I do, I tell them, "I guess, it is because I have no fears. " I was, at one time afraid of flying, but did it all the time anyway, and overcame those fears.

I wouldn't try sky-diving or bungee jumping. Not even slightly tempted.

The last thing remotely related I tried was rappelling and I will not try it again. Spent a whole lot of time on belay before I finally inched down that particular cliff side.

Ok- well I don't like heights. Wide open with nothing to hang on to. Freaks the crap out of me.
I can do roller coasters, I've flown airplanes, but I won't stand at the edge of a steep drop off or walk across a bridge with no railings. I have nightmares about it.

Surfing giant waves. Small waves I'd do but monster waves, no way.

(excluding death)

Romney elected POTUS, Eric Cantor elected Speaker of the House and Mitch McConnell Senate Majority Leader - a New Order: The Plutocratic Union, or the PU.

Surfing giant waves. Small waves I'd do but monster waves, no way.

I always dreamed of riding the behemoth, sliding down the face, gaining more and more speed, hearing the break as it began to catch me, making the turn and then, being covered for long moments before breaking free and kicking out in triumph.

Nice dream. One fall afternoon I took off on an swell at Indictators ( the break between Steamer Lane and Cowells at Santa Cruz). As I felt the swell take over I stood and started to glide down the face. It was late in the afternoon and I was soon in shadow when the wave collapsed on top of me. My board went one way and I went another (this was in the days before the leash). It was a long swim into the beach.

Better to stay on the beach and watch the pros handle the biggies. I'd never venture out at Mavericks, the wave which is my Avatar.

Ok- well I don't like heights. Wide open with nothing to hang on to. Freaks the crap out of me.
I can do roller coasters, I've flown airplanes, but I won't stand at the edge of a steep drop off or walk across a bridge with no railings. I have nightmares about it.

Ive had nightmares about having to climb one of those giant TV antennas you see from miles away sticking up in the air.

OMG those things give me the heebi jeebies! :omg:

Lightning also scares the crap outta me... had a really close call some years ago.

Ok.....wait a second......I need to clarify.........I am asking about something TO DO you would find scary.

I know losing a loved one is scary.....been there.

I was more curious about if anyone was a skeerdy cat of shit like roller coasters and such ~LoL~
I find there is little that I actually fear...Though I don't do many things anymore simply because My body would give out on Me. That age thing sucks.

I guess 'high wire walking' would scare the juice out of Me. Yet I'm not afraid of heights. Just heights without a rail. :badgrin:

It's funny. I used to climb all the time. Mountains, cliff faces, bouldering etc. Never bothered me in the slightest. Jumping out of an airplane is a hell of a rush, but ladders...I hate ladders!

It's funny. I used to climb all the time. Mountains, cliff faces, bouldering etc. Never bothered me in the slightest. Jumping out of an airplane is a hell of a rush, but ladders...I hate ladders!
Hmm...now that you mention it, I've repelled down cliff faces, climbed them free-style. I used to love boulder fields. I positively love to fly.

Yet, when I stood on the edge of the Grand Canyon, it wobbled Me. Though in My defense, the damned thing looked like a post card, even live, and you just wanted to reach out and touch it.

New Topics

Forum List

Back