Scared and crawling to godless science...

that those who draw on religion to cope with their illness are more likely to receive intensive, life-prolonging medical care as death approaches –– treatment that often entails a lower quality of life in patients' final days.

Why? Shouldn't they be happy and give themselves up to their gods?
Link Between Religious Coping And Aggressive Treatment In Terminally Ill Cancer Patients

Real...PHYSICAL SCIENCE is not Godless...its only the philosophical theorists working under the pretense of Physical Science that is Godless in its philosophy that propagates the ideology that Nothing + Nothing = everything...as nature is deemed to have paradoxically CREATED itself BEFORE it existed...go figure.

I was unaware that science was godless. In fact, I was unaware that anyone or anything was godless. Because as long as there is a God in Heaven, it would be impossible for anything to be godless.

People might not listen. philosophies might ignore God. But Im not sure they are truly godless simply because of that.

But then again, perhaps im redefining the term. Ill have to think about that.

Ralph said:
Real...PHYSICAL SCIENCE is not Godless

Diuretic said:
Science is probably agnostic

Science should fight with superstitions, should be godless and atheistic

I was unaware that anyone or anything was godless

if everything was godly then everitihing was sick - see my other thread Religion, monotheism, theism, esotericism, hermeticism, gnosticism, shamanism, yoga, mysticism, philosophy, kaivalya, moksa, satori, samadhi, enlightenment, Platonism, Thomism, gospels, christianity = illness

Last edited:
Ralph said:
Real...PHYSICAL SCIENCE is not Godless

Diuretic said:
Science is probably agnostic

Science should fight with superstitions, should be godless and atheistic

I was unaware that anyone or anything was godless

if everything was godly then everitihing was sick - see my other thread Religion, monotheism, theism, esotericism, hermeticism, gnosticism, shamanism, yoga, mysticism, philosophy, kaivalya, moksa, satori, samadhi, enlightenment, Platonism, Thomism, gospels, christianity = illness

Fight with superstititons? I prefer a little more oblique manner I think. Let science be free of ideology (pause for a Lysenko moment) and being neutral, agnostic and not hostile to any idea no matter how silly it might appear, is probably its best position. If science is to "fight" then it becomes just another competing ideology. And anyway, taking a fighting position assumes a determinist stance, it's evidence of a closed mind, it's anathema to science.

Forum List

Back