SC Town Outlaws Illegal Aliens

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
Arizona is not alone in its fight for immigration reform. A lot of localities are stepping in where they feel the federal government is failing. One such town, Summerville, South Carolina, has just tentatively passed an ordinance that bans illegal immigrants from working and living there.

Walter Bailey, the town council member who proposed the ordinance tells Fox News the town needs to "send the message to Washington on immigration reform... The federal government that should be regulating immigration at our borders but has dropped the ball for whatever reason and somebody has to pick up the slack."

The ordinance won temporary approval earlier this week when the council voted 4-2 in favor of it. But an ACLU spokesperson says the ordinance violates housing laws and warns there are constitutionality issues with the ordinance. She warned the council during its hearing this week that a lawsuit is inevitable and other towns like this have spent a lot of money defending ordinances like this one.

Read more: Small Town Steps in because Feds Are "Failing on Immigration" | Foxnews.com

Where does the ACLU get all this money? This is how they often win. Towns get cold feet about the litigation costs.

For a group that prides itself on defending the Constitution; they sure do hate the American people. It isn't just a set of principles that makes this country great. It's the American spirit. Good luck Summerville.

Arizona is not alone in its fight for immigration reform. A lot of localities are stepping in where they feel the federal government is failing. One such town, Summerville, South Carolina, has just tentatively passed an ordinance that bans illegal immigrants from working and living there.

Walter Bailey, the town council member who proposed the ordinance tells Fox News the town needs to "send the message to Washington on immigration reform... The federal government that should be regulating immigration at our borders but has dropped the ball for whatever reason and somebody has to pick up the slack."

The ordinance won temporary approval earlier this week when the council voted 4-2 in favor of it. But an ACLU spokesperson says the ordinance violates housing laws and warns there are constitutionality issues with the ordinance. She warned the council during its hearing this week that a lawsuit is inevitable and other towns like this have spent a lot of money defending ordinances like this one.

Read more: Small Town Steps in because Feds Are "Failing on Immigration" | Foxnews.com

Where does the ACLU get all this money? This is how they often win. Towns get cold feet about the litigation costs.

For a group that prides itself on defending the Constitution; they sure do hate the American people. It isn't just a set of principles that makes this country great. It's the American spirit. Good luck Summerville.

If I am not mistaken, that rule has been in SC for over a year. My cousin lives there and works on a golf course. When the rule came into effect, all Mexican had their SS numbers checked. They caught one 35 year old Mexi with the ID of a 65 year old white woman's number. A few months passed and the same guy showed up with a real SS number and his real name on it. He had been using a fake name too. Maybe it was Obama!:razz:

In my bro's town in NJ, half the cars have Ohio or PA license plates. Its easier to get a license and registration in those states. My sister in law was involved in a hit and run and when they caught the kid he had an Ohio license saying he was 21. He was 15.

They could do a sweep in 24 hours if they just checked out every out of state plate. But the cops can't do that.

BTW - my sister in laws car was totaled and she had her three babies in the car. As far as she knows, nothing happened to the kid. Imagine if our 15 year old was involved in a hit and run...

The ACLU are Communists. The Founder of it was an avowed Communist, Leftist, Anarchist: Roger Baldwin

In my bro's town in NJ, half the cars have Ohio or PA license plates. Its easier to get a license and registration in those states. My sister in law was involved in a hit and run and when they caught the kid he had an Ohio license saying he was 21. He was 15.

They could do a sweep in 24 hours if they just checked out every out of state plate. But the cops can't do that.

BTW - my sister in laws car was totaled and she had her three babies in the car. As far as she knows, nothing happened to the kid. Imagine if our 15 year old was involved in a hit and run...

In my state of Illinois, when people send for license plates they receive a temporary plate that day to be placed where the rear plate normally goes. In 30 days or so, your new plates should mailed out to you or you pick them up. You are supposed to destroy the temp plate after you get the real plates.

You wouldn't believe how many cars drive around for years with just a temp plate because it usually goes to a buddy with no pesos for a real license.

If anybody at State level had even half a brain, they could simple request the temp plate returned or no real plates will be given you.:eusa_shhh:

Forum List

Back