Say, Looks Like That Supply-Side Stuff Works After All

Your comments are based on the assumption that fiscal conservatives understand that the government has the ability to create its own currency but are against this concept. However, this understanding may not be as widely acknowledged as you suggest.

You should take a poll of fiscal conservatives and ask them if they are in favor of the government running the printing presses to pay for spending. Post the results here.

When fiscal conservatives argue against 'money printing', they are often implicitly arguing against government spending that supports social programs and aids the working class and the poor.

When they argue against "money printing" they are arguing against "money printing".
Arguing against wasteful, damaging social programs is a different argument.
i-dont-believe-you-lies.gif

None of them do, they're in a cult.
Their dear leader can do no wrong.

Jannuary 23, 2016
With less than two weeks to go until the Iowa caucus, Donald Trump remains characteristically confident about his chances. In fact, the Republican front-runner is so confident, he says his supporters would stay loyal even if he happened to commit a capital offense.

"I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn't lose any voters, OK?" Trump remarked at a campaign stop at Dordt College in Sioux Center, Iowa. "It's, like, incredible."

The one thing Trump got right.

Holy fuck, what a MORON.
TAX cut and JOBS act of 2017?

What did corporate America do with that tax break? Buy ...

View attachment 805196
NBC News
https://www.nbcnews.com › business › economy › wh...
Jun 26, 2018 — The Republican tax reform package that was supposed to raise wages and spur hiring has instead funded a record stock buyback and dividend ...

Yes, they paid dividends and bought back stock and bought equipment.
Why do you give a fuck?
Why does this make you whine like a little bitch?

Yes, they paid dividends and bought back stock and bought equipment.
NO, they didn't.
The stock buybacks bought STOCK.
Why do you give a fuck?
Tax Cut and Jobs Act of 2017.
Should have been named the Tax Cut and Stock Buyback for Corporations Act.
Why does this make you whine like a little bitch?
Why does the debt make teabaggers whine like little bitches?
That is, of course, ONLY when a democrat is in office.
$2.2 trillion for Biden plan that helps everyone and America's infrastructure, vs Trump's .......
$2.3 trillion lie, only to help corporations.

www.washingtonexaminer.com › news › trump-promisesTrump promises to release plan for middle-class tax cut in 90 ...

Jan 21, 2020 · President Trump said he is crafting a middle-class tax cut that will be released soon and would go into effect if he's reelected and Republicans control Congress.

Teabaggers think Americans are as gullible as they are.

NO, they didn't.
The stock buybacks bought STOCK.

Why does the debt make teabaggers whine like little bitches?
That is, of course, ONLY when a democrat is in office.
$2.2 trillion for Biden plan that helps everyone and America's infrastructure, vs Trump's .......
$2.3 trillion lie, only to help corporations.

www.washingtonexaminer.com › news › trump-promisesTrump promises to release plan for middle-class tax cut in 90 ...

Jan 21, 2020 · President Trump said he is crafting a middle-class tax cut that will be released soon and would go into effect if he's reelected and Republicans control Congress.

Teabaggers think Americans are as gullible as they are.

Some companies bought back stock and paid dividends,
why does that make you whine like a little bitch?

Some companies bought equipment,

Didn't you get a tax cut? I did.

Some companies bought back stock and paid dividends,
43 years of corporate tax cuts, for the rich, resulting in more debt.
Some companies bought equipment,
Really? Provide something that companies did that.

Didn't you get a tax cut? I did.
Same teabagger excuse for 43 years.
I got a tax cut, it wasn't $1million.
Why not?

Really? Provide something that companies did that.

Same teabagger excuse for 43 years.
Why not?

All those corporate tax cuts that didn't happen?

You still confused about the difference between corporate and individual taxes? LOL!

Why not?

Because you're a poor, whiny bitch?

While the specific timing of Treasury security issuance relative to government spending may seem inconsequential, it does matter for the broader understanding of how government finance operates in a fiat currency system.

The sequence of operations here is important for understanding the big picture. When the government spends, it effectively creates money by crediting bank accounts. Treasury security issuance comes afterward, which doesn't fund the spending, but is instead a tool to manage the level of reserves in the banking system.

This understanding refutes the common misconception that the government must 'borrow' or 'tax' first in order to spend. Instead, government spending is effectively a process of money creation, and the issuance of Treasury securities is a separate process of managing banking system reserves and influencing interest rates.
"When the government spends, it effectively creates money by crediting bank accounts."

What does it take to get the government credit my bank account? Oh, wait. They say I owe them everything I have in my bank account right now, and I'm a retired senior on social security, which is what I put in in years past as it was taken out of my paychecks. I had paid taxes on the spot at that time. Now, they want extra tax money from my IRA when I receive and/or spend it. What a way to treat old widows through retaxing one's savings.

"When the government spends, it effectively creates money by crediting bank accounts."

What does it take to get the government credit my bank account? Oh, wait. They say I owe them everything I have in my bank account right now, and I'm a retired senior on social security, which is what I put in in years past as it was taken out of my paychecks. I had paid taxes on the spot at that time. Now, they want extra tax money from my IRA when I receive and/or spend it. What a way to treat old widows through retaxing one's savings.
You actually believe the Social Security income you're receiving now is simply what you paid into it while you were employed? You weren't depositing that money into a Social Security savings account, because that has never existed. The reason I now at 50 need to pay into my Social Security from my wages if I want to receive a Social Security income when I retire, is because the people of your generation who are now retired need goods and services. Who's going to provide you with goods and services if not people like me who are still employed? You get your Social Security from Uncle Sam, and I work and provide goods and services. I have to produce "stuff" in order for you to purchase with your Social Security income.

The purpose of federal income tax isn't to fund the federal government Unlike local and state governments, our federal government is the exclusive issuer of the USD, hence it needs no one to fund it with dollars. The US Federal Government will never run out of US Dollars, because it creates it ex-nihilo i.e. from nothing. The purpose of the federal income tax, is to maintain the value of the dollar, and control inflation. All taxes and government fees (permits, licenses, tolls..etc), have to be paid in dollars, not Mexican pesos or in Japanese Yen. You have to generate dollars, and the only way for you to do that when you're not retired is PRODUCTION. You need to produce, either at your 9 to 5 job or through your business.

People who believe that they're funding the federal government with their income taxes are simply misinformed about how our monetary system works. About 99% of America is ignorant about how our monetary system and economy in general functions. Our local and state governments need to fund themselves with taxes, but that's because these governments don't have the exclusive right to print dollars. They rely on Washington DC to provide them with dollars and their residents, who work (produce), earn money and pay their taxes.

You actually believe the Social Security income you're receiving now is simply what you paid into it while you were employed? You weren't depositing that money into a Social Security savings account, because that has never existed. The reason I now at 50 need to pay into my Social Security from my wages if I want to receive a Social Security income when I retire, is because the people of your generation who are now retired need goods and services. Who's going to provide you with goods and services if not people like me who are still employed? You get your Social Security from Uncle Sam, and I work and provide goods and services. I have to produce "stuff" in order for you to purchase with your Social Security income.

The purpose of federal income tax isn't to fund the federal government Unlike local and state governments, our federal government is the exclusive issuer of the USD, hence it needs no one to fund it with dollars. The US Federal Government will never run out of US Dollars, because it creates it ex-nihilo i.e. from nothing. The purpose of the federal income tax, is to maintain the value of the dollar, and control inflation. All taxes and government fees (permits, licenses, tolls..etc), have to be paid in dollars, not Mexican pesos or in Japanese Yen. You have to generate dollars, and the only way for you to do that when you're not retired is PRODUCTION. You need to produce, either at your 9 to 5 job or through your business.

People who believe that they're funding the federal government with their income taxes are simply misinformed about how our monetary system works. About 99% of America is ignorant about how our monetary system and economy in general functions. Our local and state governments need to fund themselves with taxes, but that's because these governments don't have the exclusive right to print dollars. They rely on Washington DC to provide them with dollars and their residents, who work (produce), earn money and pay their taxes.

The purpose of federal income tax isn't to fund the federal government Unlike local and state governments, our federal government is the exclusive issuer of the USD, hence it needs no one to fund it with dollars.

Exactly! Because they could just print and never tax and that would work out fine. DURR

The purpose of the federal income tax, is to maintain the value of the dollar, and control inflation.
Oh, so they do need to tax in order to issue USD.
Thanks for clearing that up.

People who believe that they're funding the federal government with their income taxes are simply misinformed about how our monetary system works.

Yeah, thanks, your way is much better informed than the 99% way.

The purpose of federal income tax isn't to fund the federal government Unlike local and state governments, our federal government is the exclusive issuer of the USD, hence it needs no one to fund it with dollars.

Exactly! Because they could just print and never tax and that would work out fine. DURR

The purpose of the federal income tax, is to maintain the value of the dollar, and control inflation.

People who believe that they're funding the federal government with their income taxes are simply misinformed about how our monetary system works.

You ignored what I said and responded to a straw man. That's typical of you.

Taxes for the US federal government, serve to create demand for the currency and help manage economic stability. This doesn't imply that the US Federal Government relies on income taxes to fund itself. If the US Federal Government needs 40 billion, it doesn't need people to provide it with 40 billion, it simply creates the money and deposits the funds into the appropriate account/s at the FED. For every dollar spent, there's not necessarily a dollar paid in taxes. If that's what you're asserting you don't understand our monetary system or our modern economy.

It's reality.

cope-dont-care.gif

/——-/ I’m a Boomer and I know how things work.

For the record many in my generation wanted to opt out of SS, and invest that money in the S&P 500, but Congress said “NO WAY JOSE. We want to control you.” Ever FDR was for it, but wasn’t willing to fight for it.

You ignored what I said and responded to a straw man. That's typical of you.

Taxes for the US federal government, serve to create demand for the currency and help manage economic stability. This doesn't imply that the US Federal Government relies on income taxes to fund itself. If the US Federal Government needs 40 billion, it doesn't need people to provide it with 40 billion, it simply creates the money and deposits the funds into the appropriate account/s at the FED. For every dollar spent, there's not necessarily a dollar paid in taxes. If that's what you're asserting you don't understand our monetary system or our modern economy.

It's reality.

You ignored what I said and responded to a straw man.

You said they don't have to tax......and then you explained why they do have to tax.

If the US Federal Government needs 40 billion, it doesn't need people to provide it with 40 billion, it simply creates the money and deposits the funds into the appropriate account/s at the FED. For every dollar spent, there's not necessarily a dollar paid in taxes.

Of course not, there could be borrowing. Duh.

Forum List

Back