Saudi Arabia-The Old Target Becomes New Again

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Annie, Apr 12, 2005.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Interesting and likely analysis in my opinion:

http://www.nypost.com/php/pfriendly/pfriendly_new.php

2. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    Fascinating and I'd bet good money its quite accurate. Well, guess we better help the Kingdom out eh?

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    :smoke: and :coffee3: I'd say! They wanted us out, we're out. Germany et al, keep a watch on this...

4. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    While seizing a safe haven might be in their minds, they don't show much vision in their strategy. Such a place would be an inviting, no-holds-barred target, and they would have to stand and defend (get blown off the face of the Earth), or run, as they are doing now.

I would actually opt for OBL's strategy myself. I'd target the west. The libby's may have erased 9/11 from their minds, but they sure looked like a bunch of scared sheep looking for a leader on 9/12.

If OBL could launch successive terrorist strikes against the West we'd go into paranoia overtime.

5. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    Piss on Saudi Arabia. Freakin' Wahabbi bastards. :mad: :piss2:

6. BR-549

BR-549 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17
    the wahhabi poison spreading bastards. But then we would be imperialists attempting to horde oil. Oil for blood libs would have a fit. On the other hand if gas hits $5.00 bucks a gallon I'll bet a lot of tree huggers would shut the hell up.
    Okay so much for the Yankee Imperialism moment but we and the Brits did build their stinking oil operations before they nationalized them. And wouldn't the world be better off if Texans and Okies were pumping oil out of Saudi rather than the wahhabists dictators? Ah well so much for my AMERICAN EMPIRE rant. 'Sides we have sold the stinkin' House of Saud some of our best weapons they can take care of themselves, or maybe there will be a revolution and we will be facing Wahhabist maniacs shooting at us with our own planes and technology. Just a thought, er, nightmare scenario... Bad dream go away, bad dream go away...

7. IControlThePast

IControlThePast Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I think the only way to rid the world of terrorist is to stop saying "the enemy of my enemy is my friend," because as shortly after our common enemy is beaten these "friends" (like Osama, Saddam, and Fidel) are no longer our friends.

Saudi would be a good target, to give us more control over the main source of energy, and ruin a major Islamic Extremist stronghold, but the backlash would be so large we would need some sort of UN support, at least for now, to make it feasible.

8. BR-549

BR-549 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17
    God save us from having to resort to UN support. I'd rather go it alone or with willing allies. The UN is an absolute joke. To quote Colonel Kurtz, "The horror, the horror".

9. IControlThePast

IControlThePast Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21
    It is, but also about the only significant military force that might be willing to help us (we put them in charge of Iraq recovery and attack SA with our forces).

The whole attack scenario will probably not happen until we alone have the resources, but at least until then we can stop pretending they are friends.

10. Falk

Falk Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Please, tell me you are joking?
    /Falk