Sarah Palins Trip to Iowa Points To 2012 Presidential Run.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by USArmyRetired, Sep 12, 2010.

1. USArmyRetired

USArmyRetired BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +346
    This is truly great news to hear as we are about to witness history. Sarah Palin is ready and right for this country. She embodies true patriotism and she is a natural born citizen who loves her country more than Obama. She will lead the military and they will be proud to serve her as their commander in chief. She will open up federal lands to domestic drilling and put revenue in peoples pockets. She will lead and be a great president due to her experience being a executive office holder. Her record proves she is a leader.

Sarah Palin's Iowa trip points to 2012 presidential run | World news | The Guardian

There are boxes that US presidential hopefuls have to tick early. They have to start building a campaign team, albeit discreetly. They have to set up a fundraising machine. And
    they have to visit Iowa, the small but politically crucial state that traditionally kicks off a White House run.

Sarah Palin has ticked the first two and on Friday will tick the third when she is the main speaker at a $100-a-seat Republican dinner in Des Moines, Iowa. The party's sole superstar has not yet said whether she will seek the nomination to take on Barack Obama in 2012. But all the indications point to a run, and Friday's visit is the biggest sign yet.

Democrats may detest her, and so does the Republican establishment, for her perceived lack of sophistication and polarising effect on the electorate. But neither will make the choice in the Iowa caucus. The party activists will, and they are shifting behind her. Long before the contest has formally begun, Palin is fast on the way to becoming unstoppable.

Marilea David, a lifelong Republican, is typical of the fan base, seeing in Palin an alternative to the old-boy network. "I think she is great. She is the only person I am excited about just now," David said over coffee in west Des Moines.

"She is fiscally conservative. She married her husband for love, not money. She does not have perfect kids, which is big for me. She has been totally vetted by the liberal media and they did not come up with anything other than she is a 'hick'."

David, 52, who runs her own home tutoring business, will not be attending Friday's dinner. "I am a broke Republican. But if she runs, I will give her my time. I would love to campaign for her."

merged with existing thread on the topic.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2010
  2. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,540
    Run Sarah...

PLEASE

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    Why do you guys insist on placing our hopes in a Candidate who lost once already, and quit the Job she had that would qualify her to be President?

I mean we really can not come up with anyone less tainted by so much negative press already?

God help us.

4. Harry Dresden

Harry Dresden Latinum, Plantinum,Silver,Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,704
    wonderful......ANOTHER bottom of the barrel candidate ......just what this Country needs.....how exciting.......

5. Tom Clancy

Tom Clancy Clancy for Ron Paul

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +585
    Don't listen to Rightwinger. ;)

But seriously, If the Republicans Run Palin, well... better get ready for 4 more years.

6. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    That's how I feel. True or not, the things people already believe about her. Make her a tainted candidate. We can do better.

7. USArmyRetired

USArmyRetired BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +346

Long before the contest has formally begun, Palin is fast on the way to becoming unstoppable. There’s two years to go but Obama has been a dismal failure so far and is openly a joke now among a big majority of non-black Americans. He has lost the independent vote at this point. Hillary may run against Obama which will bleed cash from the Dems and divide the party. Blacks will sit on their hands and Dems will be in trouble with 10% of the country and 20% of their vote sitting out the election if Obama loses, because blacks will be incredibly dispirited and angry.

8. txlonghorn

txlonghorn Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +399
    Sorry USAR...she's not the right candidate for what must be done.....

I hope you are DEAD wrong about her running for POTUS...because if she does, then all of the good that I see in her will be dashed to bits...

of course, she'll have to make it through the primaries, and I don't even think she can pull that off...

9. Toro

Toro Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,130
    This is the second "Sarah Palin to Iowa" thread in three weeks.

I'm sure the Palinistas will be posting many more.

10. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,219
    How about we stop making predictions that nobody knows about.