SARAH PALIN shows correlation: Less unions means more wealth, innovation

You could google it, I'm tired of educating liberals. But, here you go....

Labor unions in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

7% of the private sector is unionized.

The global poverty line is $1.25 a day: Poverty Around The World ? Global Issues

American poor people get hundreds a week in welfare checks alone, not to mention free or subsidized housing, healthcare, education, food stamps.

Just how relatively wealthy is America's poor: How Poor Are America's Poor? Examining the "Plague" of Poverty in America | The Heritage Foundation

Ok. My point proven, sealed and delivered. I win. You lose. Unions are obsolete in modern economies. You fail. Get over it.

Union density is 7.2%. Again, I'm failing to see the point of bringing up the rest of the world. Is the cost of living in Zimbabwe the same as it is in the United States? I think you're more obsessed with "winning" on the internet than you are with actually making sense.

As for Unions, they are actually not obsolete in modern economies.

So why are they Demanding MORE than the taxpayers can give?

EXPLAIN.

The global poverty line is $1.25 a day: Poverty Around The World ? Global Issues

American poor people get hundreds a week in welfare checks alone, not to mention free or subsidized housing, healthcare, education, food stamps.

Just how relatively wealthy is America's poor: How Poor Are America's Poor? Examining the "Plague" of Poverty in America | The Heritage Foundation

Ok. My point proven, sealed and delivered. I win. You lose. Unions are obsolete in modern economies. You fail. Get over it.

Union density is 7.2%. Again, I'm failing to see the point of bringing up the rest of the world. Is the cost of living in Zimbabwe the same as it is in the United States? I think you're more obsessed with "winning" on the internet than you are with actually making sense.

No, cost of living isn't the same. But neither is standard of living. Our poor live lives of luxury compared to the rest of the world.

They are obsolete. Thats why only 7% of people are in them.

I'm not obsessed with winning.............I simply just AM winning.

Sorry dude. I feel like I'm running up the score on you.

But honestly, I'm walking the dog on you in this debate. Take a noble defeat and pick a new topic. I'm bringing up the rest of the world, because in a global economy you must look at our success in the context of ALL competition.

And in context, our economy of an ever-declining union presence is working, our poor are in a global context very wealthy.

It works. We won. Our poor people are fat for Christ's sake.

Oh, and BTW, the "management" at car plants in the Southern states like Georgia and South Carolina did quite well keeping jobs and productivity during this economy.

Whats the key difference? Low taxes, non-union.

BMW plant in Greenville, SC is thriving, and producing thousands of good paying jobs for residents, as well as trickling that salary pay out to housing, restaurants, shopping malls, etc, where those employees visit.

Game, set, match.

So you're saying we should be more like China then, right? After all, if all these jobs are moving to China, then we should emulate them, correct? You are saying with this post that we should emulate these Southern states, so why not go one step further and emulate China?

No, but reality is that China IS our competition. And the Southern states model works a lot better in competition with China than the Detroit union, high tax model.

Get with reality man. The rest of the world has woken up. We either adjust, or die (in theory of economic death).

I'm sure glad that eliminating unions will mean more wealth for the top 4% of Americans

Does she have a chart on the declining wealth of working Americans with fewer unions?

Which is exactly what's been happening for the last 30 years or so...with a slight blip in the opposite direction during the Clinton administration.

No, cost of living isn't the same. But neither is standard of living. Our poor live lives of luxury compared to the rest of the world.

But honestly, I'm walking the dog on you in this debate. Take a noble defeat and pick a new topic. I'm bringing up the rest of the world, because in a global economy you must look at our success in the context of ALL competition.

And in context, our economy of an ever-declining union presence is working, our poor are in a global context very wealthy.

They're obsolete because 7% of the private sector are apart of them? So back when Unions were first getting started in the United States, they were obsolete then?

Cost of Living is not the same. Standard of Living may be better than say Africa, however that's like saying that nobody should ever complain because they have it better than someone in Africa. What a ridiculous thing to say. You also seem to assume that all other countries are not doing as well as the poor in the United States, another falsehood.

Some poor people are "fat" but very unhealthy. Why? Because fast food is extremely cheap but is very fattening. The fact you're trying to say that because some poor people are fat, they're doing well for themselves is pure ignorance at best.

UNDERSTANDING POVERTY IN AMERICA <Heritage

Time for a reality check for some of these people isn't it?

Oh, and BTW, the "management" at car plants in the Southern states like Georgia and South Carolina did quite well keeping jobs and productivity during this economy.

Whats the key difference? Low taxes, non-union.

BMW plant in Greenville, SC is thriving, and producing thousands of good paying jobs for residents, as well as trickling that salary pay out to housing, restaurants, shopping malls, etc, where those employees visit.

Game, set, match.

So you're saying we should be more like China then, right? After all, if all these jobs are moving to China, then we should emulate them, correct? You are saying with this post that we should emulate these Southern states, so why not go one step further and emulate China?

No, but reality is that China IS our competition. And the Southern states model works a lot better in competition with China than the Detroit union, high tax model.

Get with reality man. The rest of the world has woken up. We either adjust, or die (in theory of economic death).

So your saying we should become more like a third world country. Hookay..fine. That model works for me by the way..I am a top earner.:lol:

So if China is our competition and is trouncing us, why don't we emulate China? After all, the Southern states model still fails in comparison to China if we're using your logic. Why do you not want the most efficient model? Do you want jobs to go overseas to China? :eusa_think:

They're obsolete because 7% of the private sector are apart of them? So back when Unions were first getting started in the United States, they were obsolete then?

Cost of Living is not the same. Standard of Living may be better than say Africa, however that's like saying that nobody should ever complain because they have it better than someone in Africa. What a ridiculous thing to say. You also seem to assume that all other countries are not doing as well as the poor in the United States, another falsehood.

Some poor people are "fat" but very unhealthy. Why? Because fast food is extremely cheap but is very fattening. The fact you're trying to say that because some poor people are fat, they're doing well for themselves is pure ignorance at best.

Yes. When group A is 93%, and group B is 7%, group A is obsolete.

And yes, our poor live better than Africa. AND Asia, and Europe, and South America. Well, as I said, better than 95% of the other humans on Earth.

And I'm saying that calorie intake is a staple of life in the world, and our poor are taking in excess calories. Thus, an envy of 90% of the world.

And yes, most of the rest of the world's humans are NOT doing as well as our "poor". Did you even read the links? Of course you didn't.

I have thoroughly dominated this debate. Sorry. But facts are facts.

So if China is our competition and is trouncing us, why don't we emulate China? After all, the Southern states model still fails in comparison to China if we're using your logic. Why do you not want the most efficient model? Do you want jobs to go overseas to China? :eusa_think:

We won't because we are America. We outlawed slavery, which China is using. We have a Dept of Labor to ensure fair working conditions, unlike China.

But somewhere is a happy medium where we can compete, but still live civil lives with prosperity. It's the Southern states model. The union world just has to adjust is all.

We won't because we are America. We outlawed slavery, which China is using. We have a Dept of Labor to ensure fair working conditions, unlike China.

But somewhere is a happy medium where we can compete, but still live civil lives with prosperity. It's the Southern states model. The union world just has to adjust is all.

But the Unions refuse...Why is that?

And yes, our poor live better than Africa. AND Asia, and Europe, and South America. Well, as I said, better than 95% of the other humans on Earth.

And I'm saying that calorie intake is a staple of life in the world, and our poor are taking in excess calories. Thus, an envy of 90% of the world.

And yes, most of the rest of the world's humans are NOT doing as well as our "poor". Did you even read the links? Of course you didn't.

So the Libertarian Party is obsolete? They should just disband?

Just because our poor are living better than the poor in Africa means nothing concerning this topic whatsoever. Perhaps you should go visit your boss tomorrow and say you will never ask for another raise again because you got it better than the middle class of Africa.

Calorie intake is a staple of life? If people are eating nothing but unhealthy food that happens to be high in calories because that's all they can afford, that does not mean they are well-off.

Yes, it is.

I must humbly say, I dominated these libs in this thread. Wasn't even a fair fight.

But when we are on the side of what is simply common sense and necessary in this global economy, it's easy to be right.

There's no legal slavery in China. I was just there last year and went to the world EXPO. I also went to Taiwan as well. That country has no legal slavery either.

I didn't even find legal slavery in Guatemala. Spent a week there as well.

Yes, it is.

I must humbly say, I dominated these libs in this thread. Wasn't even a fair fight.

But when we are on the side of what is simply common sense and necessary in this global economy, it's easy to be right.

it's OK. They are in for a rude awakening when Governments start declaring Bakruptcy...Governments start shutting down, and Government employees start receiving pinkslips.

Yes, it is.

A declaration of victory doesn't really mean you "won" or "dominated" anything.

Ask that guy..

Last edited by a moderator:

So the Libertarian Party is obsolete? They should just disband?

Just because our poor are living better than the poor in Africa means nothing concerning this topic whatsoever. Perhaps you should go visit your boss tomorrow and say you will never ask for another raise again because you got it better than the middle class of Africa.

Calorie intake is a staple of life? If people are eating nothing but unhealthy food that happens to be high in calories because that's all they can afford, that does not mean they are well-off.

Yes. They shouldn't disband. BUT they must accept they aren't gonna win any elections any time soon. Right?

We aren't just living better than Africa, but also Asia, Europe, Russia, South America, Central America. I said that before, but you ignored it. It's ok.

And yes, calorie intake is the staple of life. Too few you die. It's unhealthy because it's high in salt and fat. BUT.......did you realize that in times of famine, fat and salt are PRIZED ingredients? Why? Because the fat ensures future energy, and salt preserves precious meats and retains crucial bodily water.

I've researched nutrition and historical consumption of nutrients. It's why mother nature designed us to enjoy the taste of salt and fat, because in a calorie deficit society, those are prized. But we have abundance, and humans were never meant to have an abundance of either. However, our insanely wealthy society does.

Next topic? You're getting it handed to you right now man.

There's no legal slavery in China. I was just there last year and went to the world EXPO. I also went to Taiwan as well. That country has no legal slavery either.

I didn't even find legal slavery in Guatemala. Spent a week there as well.

Oh, I'm sure China's government allowed you to see the work factories right?

Being forced to work for $1 a day, 10 hours a day, is slavery. The communist government ensures that.

You're simply naive to the reality of the world.

Forum List

Back