Sanity in DC finally

The left will filibuster if all GOPers sign onto it. They should just pass Kate's law with no riders then fight out the rest. It wouldn't surprise me if it doesn't get any real traction in the senate so you might want to save your celebration for if it passes.

Point taken, but at least its a good start.

Oh, Lord. Here we go again. Someone posting a link to an editorial instead of a "hard news" story. Of course, editorials contain bits and pieces of factual information, but they do not contain the whole set of factual details one needs to intelligently form one's own opinion.

Are we supposed to discuss the editorial or the factual details that gave rise to it?

The left will filibuster if all GOPers sign onto it. They should just pass Kate's law with no riders then fight out the rest. It wouldn't surprise me if it doesn't get any real traction in the senate so you might want to save your celebration for if it passes.

Point taken, but at least its a good start.
They've tried it a couple of times but the Dems will not stand for defunding sanctuary cities and all previous attempts have failed. We'll have to see what happens this time. :dunno:

Oh, Lord. Here we go again. Someone posting a link to an editorial instead of a "hard news" story.

Are we supposed to discuss the editorial or the factual details that gave rise to it?

The hard news part is that it passed the house on a party line vote.
Okay...bits and pieces of factual info will, of course, be found in editorials.

I'm trying to understand what it is you want from the thread so that if I opt to participate in the discussion I know what your intended and specific theme of discussion is.
  • Do you merely want approbation of your own viewpoint?
  • Do you want to have a substantive discussion of the pros, cons and relative weightings of their elements with regard to sanctuary cities and the role they play in some specific dimension(s)?
  • Do you just want folks to say nice/nasty things about sanctuary cities and/or Trump and Congress/its members?

Forum List

Back