Sanford police chief Bill Lee to resign for real.....

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
(CBS/AP) Sanford Police Chief Bill Lee will officially resign today, CBS News has learned.

Lee had temporarily left the department last month in the wake of criticism over handling of the investigation in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin.

Sanford Mayor Jeff Triplett has called a special meeting with city commissioners at 4 p.m., where they will vote on resignation of Chief Lee.

Lee announced on March 22 that he was temporarily stepping down from his position, after the city commissioners affirmed a "no confidence" vote, following weeks of protests over the Martin shooting.

Lee and the city prosecutor had been bitterly criticized for not making an arrest in the February 26 shooting death of the 17-year-old Martin, after a neighborhood watch volunteer confessed to the killing, in self-defense.

Sanford Police Chief Bill Lee to officially resign - CBS News

So much for you people who said that the police chief was only temporarily standing down.

(CBS/AP) Sanford Police Chief Bill Lee will officially resign today, CBS News has learned.

Lee had temporarily left the department last month in the wake of criticism over handling of the investigation in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin.

Sanford Mayor Jeff Triplett has called a special meeting with city commissioners at 4 p.m., where they will vote on resignation of Chief Lee.

Lee announced on March 22 that he was temporarily stepping down from his position, after the city commissioners affirmed a "no confidence" vote, following weeks of protests over the Martin shooting.

Lee and the city prosecutor had been bitterly criticized for not making an arrest in the February 26 shooting death of the 17-year-old Martin, after a neighborhood watch volunteer confessed to the killing, in self-defense.

Sanford Police Chief Bill Lee to officially resign - CBS News

So much for you people who said that the police chief was only temporarily standing down.

yeah, we should have known he was going to resign before he did. :cuckoo:

With the shoddy way the Sanford PD handled this case, I'm surprised they didn't kick him off the force a month ago permanently instead of allowing him to temporarily stand down (with pay).

With the shoddy way the Sanford PD handled this case, I'm surprised they didn't kick him off the force a month ago permanently instead of allowing him to temporarily stand down (with pay).

Hopefully their whole police dept will be thrown in jail so the area will be safe again.

Hopefully their whole police dept will be thrown in jail so the area will be safe again.

Actually, I think all the officers involved, from the officers on the scene to the police chief should ALL be investigated, because it appears that they didn't follow proper procedure.

Fact: If Zimmerman were black and Trayvon white, or, even better, if they were both black, you fuckers wouldn't give a flying shit about this...

Good grief.. you've all lost it. Who gives a flying shit about this?

If it keeps eyes off of the damage Obama is doing to us?

Why not? Psychophants are on board with Obama.

WTF is a "psychophant"?

I think the word you're looking for is this....................

syc·o·phant
   [sik-uh-fuhnt, -fant, sahy-kuh-] Show IPA

noun
a self-seeking, servile flatterer; fawning parasite.

Just more proof that far right wingnuts are poorly educated.

Good grief.. you've all lost it. Who gives a flying shit about this?

If it keeps eyes off of the damage Obama is doing to us?

Why not? Psychophants are on board with Obama.

WTF is a "psychophant"?

I think the word you're looking for is this....................

syc·o·phant
   [sik-uh-fuhnt, -fant, sahy-kuh-] Show IPA

noun
a self-seeking, servile flatterer; fawning parasite.

Just more proof that far right wingnuts are poorly educated.

Look it up assmunch. *I* am NOT your personal secratary nor dictionary.

Forum List

Back