I happened to tune into a local radio call-in show last week...

bayoubill

aka Sheik Yerbouti...
Dec 30, 2008
Cajun Country
the subject of the discussion was Mitt Romney’s apparently successful bid to become the GOP presidential candidate...

the first caller immediately launched into an incoherent rant about how Republicans are all evil and that anybody who doesn’t like Obama is simply a racist... the talk-show host tried to get the caller to calm down and site specific examples to back up his claims, but the caller just got even more incoherent... I almost felt sorry for any Dems/liberals/progressives who happened to be listening to the rant...

the next caller started out sounding like a well-spoken and sensibly intelligent person... he described, point by point, the political things he liked and didn’t like about Romney, and said that, politically, he could otherwise get past the few things he didn't like about Romney... but then he said he couldn’t get behind Romney simply because “Romney is a Mormon, and the Mormons are a secretive pseudo-Christian cult bent on taking over the world”... then the caller talked about how this left him conflicted because “Obama shouldn’t even be in office in the first place because he was born outside the USA”... I had to laugh when the talk-show host mentioned that Ron Paul might run as an independent, to which the caller replied “naaaa... that guy’s a kook...”

Cool story...

I once hurd a Republican say his state needed a massive liberal HC system, then got it done.

I once hurd a Republican say he would like to see that HC system on national level, it happened.

I once hurd a Republican say his HC worked in his state, forgetting to mention the 500 million a year the federal Government pays his state to keep their HC system running.

I once hurd a Republican say he supported the NDAA

I once hurd a Republican say he was pro choice, then pro life, then pro choice... then pro life...

I once hurd a Republican say he wants smaller Government but near every policy they ever did expanded of created bigger Government...

I once hurd Mitt say all that.

Vote liberal lite, vote Mitt…

“Anyone but Obama!” Because you needed to find a way to make Mitt seem viable… “Anyone.” Lolz.

But hey, that budget balancing small government when judged by his voting record Ron Paul is a "kook." Fuck the constitution, vote Republican, the other liberal party of you’re a fucking commie!

I'll gladly take my vote somewhere else, you can make fun of me and everyone else that won't line up behind "your guy," but it's amazing you can't see the reason the Republican party is shrinking is because of well... people just like you.

Yeah, it's Ron Paul or Stalinism. There is no third choice.

No wonder actual conservatives consider Paul and his goofy followers a liability.

Cool story...

I once hurd a Republican say his state needed a massive liberal HC system, then got it done.

I once hurd a Republican say he would like to see that HC system on national level, it happened.

I once hurd a Republican say his HC worked in his state, forgetting to mention the 500 million a year the federal Government pays his state to keep their HC system running.

I once hurd a Republican say he was pro choice, then pro life, then pro choice... then pro life...

I once hurd a Republican say he wants smaller Government but near every policy they ever did expanded of created bigger Government...

“Anyone but Obama!” Because you needed to find a way to make Mitt seem viable… “Anyone.” Lolz.

But hey, that budget balancing small government when judged by his voting record Ron Paul is a "kook." Fuck the constitution, vote Republican, the other liberal party of you’re a fucking commie!

I'll gladly take my vote somewhere else, you can make fun of me and everyone else that won't line up behind "your guy," but it's amazing you can't see the reason the Republican party is shrinking is because of well... people just like you.

ummm... was that directed at me...?

Cool story...

It was directed at the people that push Mitt as if he is different than Obama while making fun of Paul because the last thing they want is a conservative making them look like fools.

Can anyone name a Republican that is more liberal that Mitt?

This election is truly sad... Much like the last few actually. In fact I haven't had a good choice for president from either the Democrat or Republican party since I have been an adult. I have voted Libertarian for the most part with the exception of George W Bush in 2000 because I was so apposed to Al Gore. I find myself in the same boat this year, not that it matters because Kalifornia's electoral votes will be going to Barack Obama regardless of how I vote.

We have to make significant progress in both houses to keep whoever wins the presidential race in line.

TEA party where are you?

Cool story...

It was directed at the people that push Mitt as if he is different than Obama while making fun of Paul because the last thing they want is a conservative making them look like fools.

Can anyone name a Republican that is more liberal that Mitt?

there's several in the same basket...

No wonder actual conservatives consider Paul and his goofy followers a liability.

Good news, it looks like this year we are happy to leave the party... Good luck in that GE, you're gonna need all the help in the world.

Who is that you got running against Obama, I can't remember his name because this might be the first election in US history where a party is running off being the anti other party while never mentioning the name of their candidate because they just happen to be that undesirable, lol.

So you go ahead, keep dividing and shrinking your party, it's funny as hell to watch lol.

This election is truly sad... Much like the last few actually. In fact I haven't had a good choice for president from either the Democrat or Republican party since I have been an adult. I have voted Libertarian for the most part with the exception of George W Bush in 2000 because I was so apposed to Al Gore. I find myself in the same boat this year, not that it matters because Kalifornia's electoral votes will be going to Barack Obama regardless of how I vote.

We have to make significant progress in both houses to keep whoever wins the presidential race in line.

TEA party where are you?

as someone once said, "Ah feel yer pain"...

I've been voting in presidential elections since 1972...

voted for the winning candidate only once...

voted for the LP candidate in a half-dozen of 'em...

last time I got enthusiastically behind a mainstream two-party candidate was Ford in 1976,

when it seemed painfully obvious to me that Carter had no business running for the highest office of the land...

Last edited:

Good news, it looks like this year we are happy to leave the party... Good luck in that GE, you're gonna need all the help in the world.

Who is that you got running against Obama, I can't remember his name because this might be the first election in US history where a party is running off being the anti other party while never mentioning the name of their candidate because they just happen to be that undesirable, lol.

So you go ahead, keep dividing and shrinking your party, it's funny as hell to watch lol.
Dont let the screen door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

The faster the kooks leave the GOP the faster we can get on to discussing real matters.

which lie got Obama elected?

There's too many to list. One of them was he never heard anything racist come out of the mouth of his pastor. How bout he just happened to live in Billy Ayer's neighborhood. How bout that he doesn't support same-sex marriages. How bout how he intends on cutting the deficit in half in 3 years. How bout that he supports off-shore drilling. How bout that he says his administration would be the most transparent in history. How bout this is the day that seas cease to rise. How bout that his policies will save Polar Bears.

Shall I go on???

Forum List

Back