Sandy relief bill does not get voted on

emptystep

VIP Member
Jul 17, 2012
I saw that this passed the Senate the other day. Apparently it had not passed the house and the house will not vote on it. I just heard several bills be approved that were nowhere where not near as important as this bill is.

I saw that this passed the Senate the other day. Apparently it had not passed the house and the house will not vote on it. I just heard several bills be approved that were nowhere where not near as important as this bill is.

The bill is over $60 billion. Over half of it is loaded with pork. Garbage completely unrelated to storm damage.
The disgust of some House members crossed the aisle.
This crap had ZERO to do with party or ideology.

The bill is over $60 billion. Over half of it is loaded with pork. Garbage completely unrelated to storm damage.

The fact the House Speaker Boehner walked away from this is disgusting. Yes, the fiscal cliff was a huge accomplishment but to throws this off as "too much work" for them to do is a true shame of our system. I would hope Obama mentions the victims of Sandy tonight.

Oh, and that 'pork' was put in there to get republicans votes. So was that just a ploy so now they can say it is full of pork?

You are against it because it costs too much? This might just end up being a battle cry in further votes. Republicans who are undecided will remember this bill and say, "When I needed the republican leadership it turned their back on me."

The People's House? New York and New Jersey has been doing more than their share for this country for years and now the 'People' of this country are turning their back on them? Perhaps we should fix the tax structure if that is the way things work.

burdens_2010_small.png

Rank State Gross collections (2007) Population (2007) Revenue per capita
1 California $313,998,874,000 36,553,215 $8,590.18
2 New York $244,672,914,000 19,297,729 $12,678.84
3 Texas $225,390,904,000 23,904,380 $9,428.85
4 Florida $136,476,423,000 18,251,243 $7,477.65
5 Illinois $135,458,089,000 12,852,548 $10,539.40
6 New Jersey $121,678,423,000 8,685,920 $14,008.70
7 Pennsylvania $112,368,286,000 12,432,792 $9,038.06
8 Ohio $105,772,774,000 11,466,917 $9,224.17
9 Minnesota $78,697,313,000 5,197,621 $15,141.03
10 North Carolina $75,903,684,000 9,061,032 $8,376.94

Boehner's Ohio pays $105,772,774,000 in annual tax where as New York pays $244,672,914,000 and New Jersey pays $121,678,423,000.
Combined that's $105.8B to $366.4B
Ohio pays $9,224.17 per capita. New York pays $12,678.84 per capita. New Jersey pays $14,008.70 per capita.
Combined that's $9K to $26.7 per capita

Ohio's state burden is 9.7% and New York's is 12.8% and New Jersey's is 12.4%.

So Boehner has no problem taking money and turning his back and walking away. Everyone of those representatives who are paving their roads and educating their children and paying their debts with money from the states that they are now turning their backs on should be ashamed.

The fact the House Speaker Boehner walked away from this is disgusting. Yes, the fiscal cliff was a huge accomplishment but to throws this off as "too much work" for them to do is a true shame of our system. I would hope Obama mentions the victims of Sandy tonight.

Oh, and that 'pork' was put in there to get republicans votes. So was that just a ploy so now they can say it is full of pork?

You are against it because it costs too much? This might just end up being a battle cry in further votes. Republicans who are undecided will remember this bill and say, "When I needed the republican leadership it turned their back on me."

No you Goddamned idiot. I oppose the bill because it is loaded with a bunch of garbage.
Pay attention!
Read the bill http://www.appropriations.senate.go....view&id=fa7aebb6-62d5-49fc-8e78-6ad7f69261d5

Half the stuff in it is not directly related to helping the people. All of the non aid part could have been worked up at a later time. No, instead these morons have to make sure government facilities are cared for first.

Last edited:
Boehner's Ohio pays $105,772,774,000 in annual tax where as New York pays $244,672,914,000 and New Jersey pays $121,678,423,000.
Combined that's $105.8B to $366.4B
Ohio pays $9,224.17 per capita. New York pays $12,678.84 per capita. New Jersey pays $14,008.70 per capita.
Combined that's $9K to $26.7 per capita

Ohio's state burden is 9.7% and New York's is 12.8% and New Jersey's is 12.4%.

So Boehner has no problem taking money and turning his back and walking away. Everyone of those representatives who are paving their roads and educating their children and paying their debts with money from the states that they are now turning their backs on should be ashamed.

If Obama wanted it, it would have been done. Instead, he's hopping a flight to Hawaii. So much for his promise to the people of New Jersey. It was nothing more than a photo op to help push him over the electoral finish line.

Well, what do you expect when you create a bill that doesn't actually help Sandy victims and label it Sandy relief? Do you honestly think people are going to vote for all the pork?

I am putting you on ignore. I refuse to discuss anything with an irrational individual

Current tempeture in New York City is 23F. Today's high will be 33 F. But it will be a cold day in Hell before Boehner brings a Sandy relief bill to a vote.

(There's an 87 picture slide show for anyone needing a refresher course on what a disaster looks like.)
Bipartisan outrage after House skips vote on $60 billion Sandy aid bill - NBC Politics
"I feel it is a personal betrayal," said Representative Michael Grimm, a New York Republican. "But I think more importantly, when you parse out all the politics, the people of this country that have been devastated are looking at this as a betrayal by the Congress and by the nation, and that is just untenable and unforgivable."

So you just want to bitch and have people agree with you.

You don't really care about the victims of Sandy, otherwise you would have been outraged over the pork attached to it he bill in the name of Sandy victims.

I also thought Obama was cutting through all the red tape and helping all those Sandy victims, are you now saying it is like another Katrina?

Republican concern before an election.
ffbd280076ec5186b452e62d2985ec03.jpg

Republican concern after an election.
house-of-rep.jpg

You don't really care about the victims of Sandy, otherwise you would have been outraged over the pork attached to it he bill in the name of Sandy victims.

I also thought Obama was cutting through all the red tape and helping all those Sandy victims, are you now saying it is like another Katrina?

It is not even getting voted on. Boehner, who just happens to be republican, has made that choice.

It is not even getting voted on. Boehner, who just happens to be republican, has made that choice.

It's interesting to note the lack of outrage about the 40 some bills harry is letting collect dust without voting on.

Forum List

Back