Sanders, joined by rust belt Democrats, praises Trump for nixing TPP

dcbl

Good guys wear white hats
Aug 23, 2011
Bham, AL
will members of the fringe left now ostracize and vilify Bernie Sanders?

Or is this a sign that some democrats are coming to their senses and maybe we can expect to see more "reaching across the aisle" on issues where there is agreement?

side note - someone should let Rep John Lewis know that he should be taking notes from ole Bernie...

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt), who campaigned hard against the Trans-Pacific Partnership in last year’s Democratic presidential primaries, praised President Trump for an executive order to officially pull the United States out of the deal.

“I am glad the Trans-Pacific Partnership is dead and gone,” Sanders said. “For the last 30 years, we have had a series of trade deals – including the North American Free Trade Agreement, permanent normal trade relations with China and others – which have cost us millions of decent-paying jobs and caused a ‘race to the bottom’ which has lowered wages for American workers. Now is the time to develop a new trade policy that helps working families, not just multinational corporations. If President Trump is serious about a new policy to help American workers, then I would be delighted to work with him.”

will members of the fringe left now ostracize and vilify Bernie Sanders?

Or is this a sign that some democrats are coming to their senses and maybe we can expect to see more "reaching across the aisle" on issues where there is agreement?

side note - someone should let Rep John Lewis know that he should be taking notes from ole Bernie...

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt), who campaigned hard against the Trans-Pacific Partnership in last year’s Democratic presidential primaries, praised President Trump for an executive order to officially pull the United States out of the deal.

“I am glad the Trans-Pacific Partnership is dead and gone,” Sanders said. “For the last 30 years, we have had a series of trade deals – including the North American Free Trade Agreement, permanent normal trade relations with China and others – which have cost us millions of decent-paying jobs and caused a ‘race to the bottom’ which has lowered wages for American workers. Now is the time to develop a new trade policy that helps working families, not just multinational corporations. If President Trump is serious about a new policy to help American workers, then I would be delighted to work with him.”
Well, that pretty much seals it. If the fringe left retain power in the DNC, Sanders will never get re-elected. Poor guy. At least he stands for something besides platitudes and class/race warfare. Gotta give him credit for standing up for what he believes is right, even if you don't agree with him, and mostly I don't, but on this one I do.

Forum List

Back