'Sand battery' could solve green energy's big problem

No, the biggest hurdle, is that wind and solar do not produce enough energy to meet all the world's energy demands, and with current technology, cannot possibly hope to meet the already, energy starved demands.

And this does not even address things as they stand, little on, even considering if most of the world stops using ICE transport and switches to electric transport.

Of course, telling you this, will do not a lick of good. You are already living in a fantasy world.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Damn kids.....Get out of there, I'm heating my house. ;)

OIP.p6DMlulOh6W3jgq6_O3fagHaHa

Every day science makes the world better. This was on the news earlier and it really works.
I thought science was settled. No more work needs to be done? Heck, you guys will put people in jail for killing a bald eagle's egg but rejoice in killing a woman's fertilized egg.

I could see it working on a farm or a house that has it's own windmills and solar panels. I don't see how this scales up beyoid a single house or a single farm.
They showed a public swimming pool in Finland with a sand box attached. Its as cold as fuck there and the pool was nice and warm.

No, the biggest hurdle, is that wind and solar do not produce enough energy to meet all the world's energy demands, and with current technology, cannot possibly hope to meet the already, energy starved demands.

And this does not even address things as they stand, little on, even considering if most of the world stops using ICE transport and switches to electric transport.

Of course, telling you this, will do not a lick of good. You are already living in a fantasy world.

:rolleyes:
No profit in sand either.

Storing heat in large heat sinks such as sand or rocks isn't new, but it has been largely ignored because it isn't 'techy' enough for the nerds in charge of green energy development. Also because it's hard to attach a political agenda to such simple technology.

Forum List

Back