San Francisco Port Workers Shutting Down Docks To Protest Iraq War!

Sir Evil said:
lol, I think he's better to keep around to show everyone how idiotic the far left think. Before you know it there just may be some more political conversions! :laugh:

I don't know Evil, I got an itchy trigger finger today and as far as I can tell he's just here to fight with everyone he can get a hold of...haven't seen one decent long running conversation that involves this prick.

Sir Evil said:
No doubt but he's sure fun to expose for the imbecile he is! would you really expect anymore from a DU reject? hard to believe this bozo claims to be retired, went through his whole life being in retard mode! :laugh:

Retired??????? From what? Everybody knows Demos mostly colect welfare of some kind or another :flameth: How do you retire from that? You just go from regular welfare to another kind of welfare.....social security.

OCA said:
Fuckers can protest all they want, it don't mean shit. Same thing as Vietnam....wasted energy.

That's news! So the old claim by right-wingers that the anti-war movement and general opposition to the Vietnam war forced the government to withdraw U.S. troops from Vietnam wasn't true?

Hey. The anti-war movement sped up the withdrawl of forces from Vietnam and helped to prevent the loss of tens of thousands of additional U.S. troops. Still, over 50,000 soldiers lost their lives in vain. We can't permit a repeat of that in Iraq.

OCA said:
Retired??????? From what? Everybody knows Demos mostly colect welfare of some kind or another :flameth: How do you retire from that? You just go from regular welfare to another kind of welfare.....social security.

You should tell the 30 million old people receiving Social Security that they are on welfare! They won't like you.

Guess you just forgot that working people paid into the Social Security fund and their employers had to pay matching contributions into the fund. If you want to call that "welfare" I suppose you can. But people will correctly think such a position is right-wing lunacy.

The money in the Social Security Trust fund is OUR money, we worked for it, and we deserve every dollar we get in guaranteed retirement and disability benefits!

Itsthetruth said:
You should tell the 30 million old people receiving Social Security that they are on welfare! They won't like you.

Guess you just forgot that working people paid into the Social Security fund and their employers had to pay matching contributions into the fund. If you want to call that "welfare" I suppose you can. But people will correctly think such a position is right-wing lunacy.

The money in the Social Security Trust fund is OUR money, we worked for it, and we deserve every dollar we get in guaranteed retirement and disability benefits!

First, they are on welfare because they money they paid in is not going to them. The money they paid in has already been spent by previous generations and on welfare projects the Democrats have been spending SS money on since Johnson was in office. There is no social security fund. President Johnson raided in back in the 60s. That is why the President is trying to get people individual social security accounts.

Oh and i know this may be hard for you to understand. but all tax money is our money. Thats why tax cuts are good because it allows us to keep what the government has no right to take to begin with. Also you have to be living in a dream world if you think social security guarantees anyone retirement.

Do you think any of the money in the Social Security Trust Fund is being used to finance the war against Iraq?

None should be. I'm sure almost everyone here will agree with me on that, even those that think the war is a wonderful step on the road to becoming a world-wide colonial power.

Itsthetruth said:
Do you think any of the money in the Social Security Trust Fund is being used to finance the war against Iraq?

None should be. I'm sure almost everyone here will agree with me on that, even those that think the war is a wonderful step on the road to becoming a world-wide colonial power.

Dude. There is no social security trust fund. If there ever was one it was done away with during Vietnam. cause President Johnson couldnt keep his hands off our freakin money.

Second, to be a colonial power we have to colonize some place. Is there anywhere in the world we are sending people to be permenant settlers and colonizing? How do you expect anyone to take you seriously when you make statements like that?

BTW there is nothing wrong with colonizing anyway. Im quite grateful for the colonizing efforts of my forefathers.

BTW there is nothing wrong with colonizing anyway. Im quite grateful for the colonizing efforts of my forefathers.

That would be Great Britain. We defeated the colonialists and won our independence from England in a revolution. Are you certain your forefathers supported the British? Well, about 100,000 Tories who supported the British fled to Canada after the revolution.

The British along with the French rulers were major colonial powers until after World War II when independence fighters threw them out in country after country. Remember the "French Indo-China" colonial regime? The Vietnamese threw the French out, won partial independence and formed the Republic of Vietnam in about 1954. The United States government sent in troops to pick up the pieces and to prevent full independence for all of Vietnam. They didn't have any better luck in maintaining a colonial regime in Vietnam. And when China invaded Vietnam, after the United States left, the Vietnamese kick their butt out of their country. Do you remember the Chinese invasion of Vietnam?

I don't think anyone would even dream of taking over Vietnam again.

Itsthetruth said:
That would be Great Britain. We defeated the colonialists and won our independence from England in a revolution. Are you certain your forefathers supported the British? Well, about 100,000 Tories who supported the British fled to Canada after the revolution.

The British along with the French rulers were major colonial powers until after World War II when independence fighters threw them out in country after country. Remember the "French Indo-China" colonial regime? The Vietnamese threw the French out, won partial independence and formed the Republic of Vietnam in about 1954. The United States government sent in troops to pick up the pieces and to prevent full independence for all of Vietnam. They didn't have any better luck in maintaining a colonial regime in Vietnam. And when China invaded Vietnam, after the United States left, the Vietnamese kick their butt out of their country. Do you remember the Chinese invasion of Vietnam?

I don't think anyone would even dream of taking over Vietnam again.

Dude you have got to be like 15 if you cant understand all this. We didn't defeat the colonists to win our Independence from Great Britain. We were the colonists you freakin idiot. Ive been pretty patient with you but you are just being downright stupid now.

And We didnt send troops into Vietnam to colonize the freaking place we sent them in to stop the spread of communism. If we were colonizing the place we would have had americans there colonizing the place. but we didnt we only had our military boys there fighting the commies.

Colonizing isn't a freakin bad thing. If it werent for the European's colonizing efforts we would be ignorant of about 3/4ths of the world, and the Global South wouldn't be so nearly as technologically advanced as they are today. which is a rather scary thought if you think of it.

We didn't defeat the colonists to win our Independence from Great Britain. We were the colonists you freakin idiot. And We didnt send troops into Vietnam to colonize the freaking place we sent them in to stop the spread of communism. Colonizing isn't a freakin bad thing. If it werent for the European's colonizing efforts we would be ignorant of about 3/4ths of the world,

"If it werent for the European's colonizing efforts". My point exactly. Great Britain colonized North America. That was their last great colonizing effort. We defeated the colonialists and won our independence. Who do you think American revolutionarys fought against .... the Swiss?

Vietnam has become a thriving capitalist nation. Lots of private investment in Iraq including American and European corporations! Once the United States left Vietnam they were free to become capitalists! Wasn't Vietnam and all of southeast Asia suppose to become "communist" if U.S. troops left Vietnam? Well, that didn't happen, did it?

Good thing "we" stopped those "commies" in Vietnam or they'd be on the shores of California by now! O wait! "We" didn't stop them! Are they in Los Angeles yet?

Itsthetruth said:
"If it werent for the European's colonizing efforts". My point exac tly. Great Britain colonized North America. That was their last great colonizing effort. We defeated the colonialists and won our independence. Who do you think American revolutionarys fought against .... the Swiss?

First, you are stupid. You cant even comprehend that we didnt fight against colonists. We were the colonists. We were fighting against the British army. They were not colonists. They were there to oppress us colonists. Get the facts straight to freakin idiot.

Vietnam has become a thriving capitalist nation. Lots of private investment in Iraq including American and European corporations! Once the United States left Vietnam they were free to become capitalists! Wasn't Vietnam and all of southeast Asia suppose to become "communist" if U.S. troops left Vietnam? Well, that didn't happen, did it?

Good thing "we" stopped those "commies" in Vietnam or they'd be on the shores of California by now! O wait! "We" didn't stop them! Are they in Los Angeles yet?

On what planet is a communist nation a thriving capitalist nation? Vietnam still is a communist nation. The US pull out of South East Asia was one of the biggest mistakes we ever made. Because we weren't there to stop them the Communists slaughter tens of millions of innocent people and several of those nations are still being oppressed by their regimes.

And btw the Commies have been on the shores of California for a while. In fact they recently had an awards ceramony called the Oscars a few weeks ago.

On what planet is a communist nation a thriving capitalist nation? And btw the Commies have been on the shores of California for a while. In fact they recently had an awards ceramony called the Oscars a few weeks ago.

Well, since you think China still has a "communist" economy I would have to say China! Just ask any captalist who is now investing in China. They'll fill you in. The term "communism" has been used by the right-wing to describe everything they oppose, like social security, that the term has lost all real meaning .... at least for the right.

You are right that a nation cannot have both a "communist" economy and "capitalist" economy at the same time. It has to be fundamentally one or the other.

Now many self-described "communists" can and have embraced a "capitalist"
economy. That happened in the old Soviet Union. The party bosses discovered they could enrich themselves beyond their wildest dreams by privatizing state run enterprises and becoming the capitalist owners of industry! They love it. Or do you still think Russia has a "communist government run economy"?

Pretty much the same thing is happening in China and Vietnam. Don't be surprised to see General Motors and Ford set-up their privately run and owned factorys in Vietnam and China. Or, have they already done that?

Now you seem to be getting a bit paranoid. But, trust me. You don't have be on the lookout for any sneaky Vietnamese or home grown "commies" hiding under your bed or closet when you go to bed tonight. So please rest easy. They're not gonna get ya!

And stop thinking that everyone you disagree with is some kind of dictatorial "commie" conspirator who wants to form a dictatorship here under the control of Hanoi, Moscow or Peking. If you're truly concerned about protecting and defending our rights and freedoms you really ought to oppose those "pro-capitalist" politicians and government bureaucrats in Washington, D.C. who want to destroy them! Keep a real watchful eye on George W. Bush and his pals. They really hate the Bill of Rights and our Constitution and in fact are betraying it!

Sir Evil said:
No worries we just think you are retarded!

You have no opinion you'd like to share on what is being discussed here?

March 18, 2005
Iraq Not Worth Fighting For Many Americans

(Angus Reid Consultants - CPOD Global Scan) – Many adults in the United States are disappointed with the overall costs of the coalition effort in Iraq, according to a poll by TNS released by the Washington Post and ABC News.

53 per cent of respondents believe the conflict was not worth fighting.

70 per cent of respondents believe the number of casualties is unacceptable.

Polling Data

All in all, considering the costs to the United States versus the benefits to the United States, do you think the war with Iraq was worth fighting, or not?

March 2005
Yes, worth fighting
45%
No, not worth fighting
53%

Again thinking about the goals versus the costs of the war, so far in your opinion has there been an acceptable or unacceptable number of U.S. military casualties in Iraq?

Acceptable
27%
Unacceptable
70%

http://www.angus-reid.com/polls/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewItem&itemID=6386

Sir Evil said:
I have nothing that I would like to share with you! you have exactly no rebuttal to just about anything said unless it has been cut and pasted from another site.

I take it you haven't noticed my rather lengthy (none cut & paste) posts in response to Avatar4321 and others.

And here I thought you were carefully watching with an eagle eye, every single thing I was posting .... even moving posts or deleting ones you didn't understand or agree with.

Sorry. My mistake!

I apologize.

Sir Evil said:
You are really close to getting yourself banned bigmouth! nothing of your stupidity has been deleted, posts have been moved as you obviously have no clue of where things belong around here! Keep it up and will send ya back to DU where you belong........:rolleyes:

Why do you keep "flaming" me in one post after another? I haven't done and won't do that to you.

If you have moved any of my posts around and not deleted them I'd appreciate it if you would message me and let me know where they have been located.

Thanks for your help.

OCA said:
Prove the government outright lied.....this question has been posed thousands of times....nobody has done it yet.

Little hint....WMD is just a part of a whole myriad of reasons.

Well there is no proof but there is certainly compelling evidence. I try to get information from a variety of sources and often watch Canadian news and documentaries as well as the BBC and the Christian Monitor. I subscribe to FAIR which holds everyone accountable. IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE YOUR GOVERNMENT HAS NOT LIED TO YOU, YOU ARE THE PERFECT FOOL.
You can call it whatever you like but when the government pays or bullies news agencies to supress certain stories or rewards them for supporting others, the resulting distortion is lying. For instance, the propaganda about Jessica Lynch, the story behind the toppling of the statue of Saddam in Baghdad, the bunkers full of weapons that were left unguarded and raided by insurgents, the decision to prohibit pictures of flag draped coffins returning from the war, the gwb bulge during the debates as well as the presidents military records, or lack of, I should say, cheney's refusal to release the records from his meeting with energy executives.....just imagine what he's got to hide, the list is long and covers a broad range of topics. This administration does not by any means have a monopoly on lying, it has become the norm rather than the exception.
Fortunately, I do have some faith that there are enough citizens who can think for themselves, and they will ultimately demand the truth and there will be nowhere for the current administration to hide.
Protests and demonstrations do bring about change and awareness, that is why there is such denial of them, to be kept off camera and trivialized.
We will have to create some stability in Iraq before pulling out and we will certainly have to somehow preserve our image but the longer it takes and the more lies that are told and the number of dead on all sides, will determine whats written in the history books.

Itsthetruth said:
That's news! So the old claim by right-wingers that the anti-war movement and general opposition to the Vietnam war forced the government to withdraw U.S. troops from Vietnam wasn't true?

Hey. The anti-war movement sped up the withdrawl of forces from Vietnam and helped to prevent the loss of tens of thousands of additional U.S. troops. Still, over 50,000 soldiers lost their lives in vain. We can't permit a repeat of that in Iraq.

yes yes congradulations. You imbeciles protested and protested and humiliated the US in front of the entire world, just like you wanted. I trust you were very satisfied with yourselves. Down with America!

sagegirl said:
Well there is no proof but there is certainly compelling evidence. I try to get information from a variety of sources and often watch Canadian news and documentaries as well as the BBC and the Christian Monitor. I subscribe to FAIR which holds everyone accountable. IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE YOUR GOVERNMENT HAS NOT LIED TO YOU, YOU ARE THE PERFECT FOOL.
You can call it whatever you like but when the government pays or bullies news agencies to supress certain stories or rewards them for supporting others, the resulting distortion is lying. For instance, the propaganda about Jessica Lynch, the story behind the toppling of the statue of Saddam in Baghdad, the bunkers full of weapons that were left unguarded and raided by insurgents, the decision to prohibit pictures of flag draped coffins returning from the war, the gwb bulge during the debates as well as the presidents military records, or lack of, I should say, cheney's refusal to release the records from his meeting with energy executives.....just imagine what he's got to hide, the list is long and covers a broad range of topics. This administration does not by any means have a monopoly on lying, it has become the norm rather than the exception.
Fortunately, I do have some faith that there are enough citizens who can think for themselves, and they will ultimately demand the truth and there will be nowhere for the current administration to hide.
Protests and demonstrations do bring about change and awareness, that is why there is such denial of them, to be kept off camera and trivialized.
We will have to create some stability in Iraq before pulling out and we will certainly have to somehow preserve our image but the longer it takes and the more lies that are told and the number of dead on all sides, will determine whats written in the history books.

Why in the name of God is our primary goal suddenly to find a way to pull out? I'm gonna sound cold and emotionless but here it is: 1500 soldiers lost in two years is actually pretty damn good as far as wars go. In WWII at Iwo Jima 7000 marines were killed to secure a pathetic scrap of an island, and that was a few days time. Was that a needless waste of lives?

sagegirl said:

I'm not going to say we as a country, have not EVER made mistakes, but my firiggin god, how in your soul can speak so against your own country, when we are at war, to save all your asssssssssss, just so you can sit here freely and spit on your own country. I think very much for myself thankyou, 51% of us believed the take down of Suddan the Murder, was a good thing. Thats the gull of you all, telling all of us, that we know not what we know, and you all know better. :bangheads

Forum List

Back