San Francisco announces three week lockdown: Residents are BANNED from leaving home after midnight o

What about the homeless?
No one to panhandle. No aluminum cans to be scavenged. They'll have to move to Missouri!
I know you are kidding, but really what the hell will they do?
Bay Area authorities place strictest order in country: 'Shelter in place,' only essential businesses open in 6 counties

People who are homeless are exempt from the order but encouraged to find shelter.

See right there is the problem.

No one encouraged them to find shelter before.
If they are homeless where do they find shelter?

I dunno
The Progressive California Government has that idea, not me.

This just in the governor has issued a ban on taking a crap until further notice.
Hell that means the end of Fox News in California.

I thought you were leaving USMB mikey- because everyone was so mean to you?

What about the homeless?
No one to panhandle. No aluminum cans to be scavenged. They'll have to move to Missouri!
Bay Area authorities place strictest order in country: 'Shelter in place,' only essential businesses open in 6 counties

People who are homeless are exempt from the order but encouraged to find shelter.

I have lived in San Francisco for 30 years. The homeless have always been 'encouraged' to find shelter.

Why they are not in shelter is a complicated problem- far beyond the 15 second soundbite of Fox News.

Part of it is the cost of living in San Francisco.
Related is the disappearance of the many flop houses that used to house many of the barely functioning.
Part of it is the relative tolerance in SF for homeless.
Part of it is the failure of the state's mental health system.
Part of it is the failure of the drug war.

But it has never been because no one is encouraging the homeless to be housed.

What about the homeless?

I have lived in San Francisco for 30 years. The homeless have always been 'encouraged' to find shelter.

Why they are not in shelter is a complicated problem- far beyond the 15 second soundbite of Fox News.

Related is the disappearance of the many flop houses that used to house many of the barely functioning.

Fox news lives your head doesn't it?

What about the homeless?

That's what I was wondering. That's like half the city

Sigh. I hope....I sincerely hope.....you are kidding and not just so purely ignorant.

But then again if you watch Fox News only- I wouldn't be shocked if you really did believe that.

Homeless Population | City Performance Scorecards

San Francisco has an official homeless population of 8011 unfortunate people. Probably a couple thousand more on and off the streets.

Out of a population of 884,000 people. So about .9%- which is way too high- but even for you math challenged, quite a bit less than 50%.

And I am wondering about the homeless- group shelters are probably the worst environment for them right now, the encampments are not much better. And not as if it is moral or possible to put them on a bus back to wherever they came from.

Frankly the best case scenario would be to literally house them in motels- which will be empty of tourists- with guarantees to the owners to remodel them at the Cities expense once the emergency is over.

But I doubt that will happen.

I'd give you 50 smilies if I could.

What about the homeless?

As are you.

"Six Bay Area counties announced a "shelter in place" order for all residents on Monday -- the strictest measure of its kind in the country -- directing everyone to stay inside their homes and away from others as much as possible for the next three weeks as public health officials desperately try to curb the rapid spread of coronavirus across the region.

The directive begins at 12:01 a.m. Tuesday and involves San Francisco, Santa Clara, San Mateo, Marin, Contra Costa and Alameda counties -- a combined population of more than 6.7 million. It is to stay in place until at least April 7. Three other Bay Area counties -- Sonoma, Solano and Napa -- were not immediately included."

I'm not sure what the cause is to put this in place now starting tomorrow.

Democrats are going to cause riots and blame trump.. THEY ARE SICK..

They want national welfare!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back