San Francisco announces three week lockdown: Residents are BANNED from leaving home after midnight o

dcbl

Good guys wear white hats
Aug 23, 2011
Bham, AL
But shitting in the streets is still OK -- right???

it's like a trial run for a Bernie Sanders Presidency

1536807811.6433-smiley.gif

Coronavirus US: San Francisco starts three-week lockdown | Daily Mail Online

San Francisco's mayor has announced an unprecedented three week lockdown that will begin on Tuesday at midnight and bans anyone from leaving their home for anything other than doctor's visits or trips to the grocery store.

In addition to the lockdown in city parameters, six counties in the Bay Area are being told to 'shelter in place'.

The lockdown is the strictest action to be taken in America. Anyone who breaks it faces legal repercussions.

It will last until April 7. Mayor London Breed called it a 'defining moment' on Monday morning.

San Francisco's mayor has announced an unprecedented three week lockdown that will begin on Tuesday at midnight and bans anyone from leaving their home for anything other than doctor's visits or trips to the grocery store.

In addition to the lockdown in city parameters, six counties in the Bay Area are being told to 'shelter in place'.

The lockdown is the strictest action to be taken in America. Anyone who breaks it faces legal repercussions.

It will last until April 7. Mayor London Breed called it a 'defining moment' on Monday morning.
From the mayor:

mayor-breed-tweet.jpg

What about the homeless?

That's what I was wondering. That's like half the city

Sigh. I hope....I sincerely hope.....you are kidding and not just so purely ignorant.

But then again if you watch Fox News only- I wouldn't be shocked if you really did believe that.

Homeless Population | City Performance Scorecards

San Francisco has an official homeless population of 8011 unfortunate people. Probably a couple thousand more on and off the streets.

Out of a population of 884,000 people. So about .9%- which is way too high- but even for you math challenged, quite a bit less than 50%.

And I am wondering about the homeless- group shelters are probably the worst environment for them right now, the encampments are not much better. And not as if it is moral or possible to put them on a bus back to wherever they came from.

Frankly the best case scenario would be to literally house them in motels- which will be empty of tourists- with guarantees to the owners to remodel them at the Cities expense once the emergency is over.

But I doubt that will happen.

/----/And the Homeless will stray in their tents.

What the fuck would there be a need for a curfew at all? Does the China-syndrome get a thousand times worse at night time?

This just in the governor has issued a ban on taking a crap until further notice.

What about the homeless?
No one to panhandle. No aluminum cans to be scavenged. They'll have to move to Missouri!
I know you are kidding, but really what the hell will they do?
Bay Area authorities place strictest order in country: 'Shelter in place,' only essential businesses open in 6 counties

People who are homeless are exempt from the order but encouraged to find shelter.

See right there is the problem.

No one encouraged them to find shelter before.

What about the homeless?
No one to panhandle. No aluminum cans to be scavenged. They'll have to move to Missouri!
I know you are kidding, but really what the hell will they do?
Bay Area authorities place strictest order in country: 'Shelter in place,' only essential businesses open in 6 counties

People who are homeless are exempt from the order but encouraged to find shelter.

See right there is the problem.

No one encouraged them to find shelter before.
If they are homeless where do they find shelter?

Forum List

Back