Samson: An Introduction

Assuming Samson is offered a job,

• Yes, Should take it

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • No, Should stay where he is and see what happens

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters
Do what you enjoy doing. If I were you I would look into teaching and remain in Boulder. There are no flat irons in Houston, Estes Park is a thousand or more miles away and think of winter without wonderful white powder a few miles to your west.
(is the Aristocrat Steak House still operating on the mall?).

Do what you enjoy doing. If I were you I would look into teaching and remain in Boulder. There are no flat irons in Houston, Estes Park is a thousand or more miles away and think of winter without wonderful white powder a few miles to your west.
(is the Aristocrat Steak House still operating on the mall?).

You must mean Pearl Street Mall.

Maybe I'll drive over there today to find out about the Aristocrat. Beautiful snow fall last night, and still very light fall now......I don't ski because at 46, the risks outweigh the rewards. I prefer just to watch from the Lodge at El Dora, and then return to the bar and see how the football game's going. I might take up snowshoeing.

Lets not forget the wonderful fall folage, the delicate pastels of spring, and last, but certainly not least, the joys of being able to enjoy summer temps that are below 100 F...WITHOUT HUMIDITY.

But, I'd still live here for 5-7 years....

Actually, I need to kill two birds with one thread: I've never introduced myself, and I need some constructive advice which, even though I've been reading many asinine posts from a good-sized fraction of this board's membership for the past couple of weeks, I hope to mine like Gold from a Mountain of Ore.

I've worked from Boulder, CO for the past 4 years as a Chemical Engineer in Refineries in Wyoming. I absoultly LOVE the High Plains, Moutains, Rivers.....all aspects of life here.....even the wind and snow. My company will be merging with another, and I'm about 25% concerned that I might be laid off as a result. I need to support Delilah, a 15 yo, a 13 yo, a 7 yo, a Shi-Tzu, and Hammy, who you may already know about.

So, I've been interviewing for another position that will, eventually require that I move back to Houston in 5-10 years. I met my potential future employer yesterday, and will have a third round of interviews in January. Either this guy was ill, or really does have the personallity of dishwater, but the job would essentially entail National Travel (mostly through the "Rust Belt) at first, then internationally (in 5-10 years) worldwide. I'll probably be offered the job (I'm perfectly qualified).

So, whatdaya think I should do (see poll).

I think you should take the job... Houstoned is much closer to New Orleans.

.....ask Echo.​

Actually, I need to kill two birds with one thread: I've never introduced myself, and I need some constructive advice which, even though I've been reading many asinine posts from a good-sized fraction of this board's membership for the past couple of weeks, I hope to mine like Gold from a Mountain of Ore.

I've worked from Boulder, CO for the past 4 years as a Chemical Engineer in Refineries in Wyoming. I absoultly LOVE the High Plains, Moutains, Rivers.....all aspects of life here.....even the wind and snow. My company will be merging with another, and I'm about 25% concerned that I might be laid off as a result. I need to support Delilah, a 15 yo, a 13 yo, a 7 yo, a Shi-Tzu, and Hammy, who you may already know about.

So, I've been interviewing for another position that will, eventually require that I move back to Houston in 5-10 years. I met my potential future employer yesterday, and will have a third round of interviews in January. Either this guy was ill, or really does have the personallity of dishwater, but the job would essentially entail National Travel (mostly through the "Rust Belt) at first, then internationally (in 5-10 years) worldwide. I'll probably be offered the job (I'm perfectly qualified).

Wow! All about yourself. An interesting post at last. Maybe you just need to go it alone?

Wow! All about yourself. An interesting post at last. Maybe you just need to go it alone?

Ya must be bored........ :eusa_whistle:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igm2iGvo-us]Trace Adkins - You're gonna miss this *** with lyrics! - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks for bumping the thread, and the 5 year old advice

but ...
:eusa_hand:

now you can stop humping my leg.

The-Humpy-Awards.jpg

You live in Boulder and would even consider taking your family to Houston? Honestly, I think you need to seek a counselor. Assuming you have an advanced degree, I would look into getting a job in Boulder at the University, or even teaching science in a local high school. Boulder and the Flat Irons may not be close to heaven, but Houston is surely closer to hell.

You live in Boulder and would even consider taking your family to Houston? Honestly, I think you need to seek a counselor. Assuming you have an advanced degree, I would look into getting a job in Boulder at the University, or even teaching science in a local high school. Boulder and the Flat Irons may not be close to heaven, but Houston is surely closer to hell.

Completely agree.

All of the attributes you've mentioned also make living there much more expensive.

Plus, I can simply return for summers, and my sanity.

Sorry bout that,

1. Houston is the center of all oil refineries, yeah, come back to Texas, smart move!
2. We have room, at least for now, unless the next batch of illegals get here soon!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

1. Houston is the center of all oil refineries, yeah, come back to Texas, smart move!
2. We have room, at least for now, unless the next batch of illegals get here soon!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Indeed Houston is the Epicenter of the Oil Exploration, Production, Service, and Refining industry. Lots of chemicals and plastics are produced also.

So what's the problem?

Forum List

Back