Same Sex Dorms: Violation of Human Rights?

Wow, most of the schools I heard about you can go on for years without declaring a major, alot of kids just want to go to college for the experience and fun, not that theres anything wrong with that however alot of them are unsure what they want to do for a career.

They called it an Upside-Down curriculum. If you didn't know what you wanted to do, this wasn't the place for you. They made that very clear from the start. There were almost no electives and very few general ed classes. Everything was tailored to your major from the moment you walked in the door. You could do a one trimester (11 week) experimentation option, but after that you had to declare a major and you were required to take the summer trimester that year to make up the missed classes.

I think that would work really well for students who were focused and knew what career they wanted to pursue, they still have schools like that?

But not schleps like us!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

They called it an Upside-Down curriculum. If you didn't know what you wanted to do, this wasn't the place for you. They made that very clear from the start. There were almost no electives and very few general ed classes. Everything was tailored to your major from the moment you walked in the door. You could do a one trimester (11 week) experimentation option, but after that you had to declare a major and you were required to take the summer trimester that year to make up the missed classes.

I think that would work really well for students who were focused and knew what career they wanted to pursue, they still have schools like that?

But not schleps like us!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

LOL yeah, thats part of the reason I joined the Military right after high school.:drillsergeant:

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

That's what George Washington University Law Professor, John Banzhaf, said in an interview Sunday with Fox News about his intent to sue Catholic University of America President John Garvey for requiring all dormitories to be single-sex.

Starting this fall, CUA's housing system will reinstate an old policy of gender-segregated dorms. In a Wall Street Journal article, Garvey stressed the need to return to Catholic values, saying the change would work to reduce binge drinking and promiscuous sex.

Fox News contributor Father John Morris told Banzhaf he agrees with the CUA position. "It is not only about teaching the faith, it is not only about being an excellent academic institution, but creating a culture in which our students become mature, smart properly formed Catholics," Morris said.

But Banzhaf maintained that Garvey's decision was not motivated by Catholic values but purely for secular reasons. Claiming the switch back to same-sex dorms ultimately violates human rights

Read more: Catholic University Faces Lawsuit over Same-sex Dorms - FoxNews.com

How would a professor from GWA have legal standing in a suit against CUA?

Predictions?
That's odd -- I thought the left wanted government out of people's bedrooms.

I do admire students such as Anachronism who knew and committed early on to a strong area of interest. I am too esoteric spherical ever changing. I am on my third career start up in my mid-forties - and hopefully I'll have three more!

I took my academic career seriously and thrived; but I also enjoyed those "growing up years." winky winky :eusa_angel:

Last edited:
Score one for common sense. Wonder how this useless piece of shit lawyer will fare with the Muslim prayer room lawsuit?

On Tuesday the District of Columbia has dismissed the complaint, saying that having single-sex dormitories was not unlawful under the District’s Human Rights Act. That is probably a relief to many. …

In the District’s written response, they say that Banzhaf’s complaint merely offered “conjecture and speculation” on how the school’s policy may affect women and also saying that his examples were “not factual allegations.”

CUA President John Garvey wanted to move away from what he considered “mixed-gender housing” in an effort to crack down on alcohol abuse and causal sex among students and was elated by the agency’s decision.

Lawsuit against Catholic University’s same-sex dorms dismissed « Hot Air

Forum List

Back