Salesmanship Is God

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
Money makes the mare go.

If that ancient proverb is true, it follows that selling must be God in the business world.

I recall reading that close to 100 percent of corporate CEO’s come up through sales —— not engineering. So how come the Ministry of Propaganda places an emphasis on getting a degree in engineering? In fact, there is no MIS (Massachusetts Institute of Selling). The closest thing to MIS is the Harvard School of Business. I assume HBS teaches its students how to sell all of the stuff everybody else produces.

Incidentally, Dale Carnegie’s
How to Win Friends and Influence People is a shortcut to an M.B.A.

The best kept secret in selling is that it is easy to sell stuff. The challenge is in jacking up the price. There is no better example of price-rigging than the cost of art; hence, the wealthiest people are the biggest advocates, and suckers, for price-rigging:

194569_5_.jpg

The painting above sold for 46 million dollars.

I did not have to go to school to learn why salesmen run the economy. The reason is money & power. That brings me to the reason no ambitious black man or woman will ever consider themself successful until white buyers believe black sellers are as honest as the day is long. The same requirement is true in every transaction between seller and buyer regardless of race, gender, religion, and creed.

Nowadays, government salesmen sell products as well as ideology. In that sense, Taqiyya the Liar is an abject failure. Today, he blames the media for his failure as a salesman when most average Americans do not believe anything he says in spite of the help he always got from the media.

Let me remind you that Taqiyya thought of himself as a super-salesman more than anything else:

Berry recounted meetings with White House officials, reminiscent of some during the Clinton days, where he and others urged them not to force Blue Dogs “off into that swamp” of supporting bills that would be unpopular with voters back home.

“I’ve been doing that with this White House, and they just don’t seem to give it any credibility at all,” Berry said. “They just kept telling us how good it was going to be. The president himself, when that was brought up in one group, said, ‘Well, the big difference here and in ’94 was you’ve got me.’ We’re going to see how much difference that makes now.”

January 25, 2010
Berry: Obama said "big difference" between '10 and '94 is "me"

Berry Obama said big difference between 10 and 94 is me - On Congress - POLITICO.com

If the super-salesman does not know by now that his power of persuasion sold nothing he is in for a shock. It was the power of government that forced Americans to “buy” the Affordable Care Act. King v. Burwell, among other cases, should shatter his self-delusion once and for all.

While the nation eagerly awaits the Supreme Court’s ruling in King v. Burwell, a case brought by an unknown Pennsylvania tax collector has quietly made its way to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia and has the potential to end President Barack Obama’s most important piece of legislation, the Affordable Care Act.

The Most Important Obamacare Case You’ve Never Heard Of
Justin Haskins | Wednesday May 13, 2015 12:00 PM

The Most Important Obamacare Case You ve Never Heard Of Human Events

Finally, remember the horror stories Democrats told in order to sell the ACA! If you listen to the horror stories Hillary Clinton spouts about abortion she clearly needs the horror stories to establish herself as super-saleswoman. She lied about everything else throughout her public life, but somehow she has convinced herself that everyone now believe her on abortion. Her biggest lie is trying to sell the belief that abortion is good for the economy.

Clinton says she respects Rep. Christopher Smith’s views, but not once does she admit she believes that people who oppose abortion must be forced to pay for her beliefs. Bottom line: Force is salesmanship in a world built by liars:

I recall reading that close to 100 percent of corporate CEO’s come up through sales —— not engineering. So how come the Ministry of Propaganda places an emphasis on getting a degree in engineering?

About 30 percent of Fortune 500 CEOs spent the first few years of their careers developing a strong foundation in finance. This is by far the most common early experience of today’s CEOs. As the second-largest constituent, CEOs who started out in sales and marketing roles account for only about 20 percent of the current big company CEO population.

The Path To Becoming A Fortune 500 CEO - Forbes

QUOTE="EdwardBaiamonte, post: 11451515, member: 34008"]About 30 percent of Fortune 500 CEOs spent the first few years of their careers developing a strong foundation in finance.[/QUOTE]

To EdwardBaiamonte: Interesting stats. I just cannot shake the feeling that finance and sales are inseparable. More so if finance is taught at the Harvard School of Business. Ultimately, business training in finance means nothing without sales:
Money makes the mare go.​
If that ancient proverb is true, it follows that selling must be God in the business world.

Ultimately, business training in finance means nothing without sales:

you seems confused let me help you with some definitions
1) salesman- "I need a better product at better price to sell our customers"
2) engineering- "we cant make a better product at a better price for the salesman to sell"
3) marketing- makes sure sales and engineering get a little of what they want
4) finance- counts the beans resulting from what sales, engineering, and marketing do.

Forum List

Back