Ryan's Divorce Records released, Kerry's next?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by insein, Jun 29, 2004.

1. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    http://www.zwire.com/site/12134258.html

Its an editorial so ignore the bias on the writer and focus on the implications of the facts.

Kerry should have to release his records. Why is it that they scream for Bush's record to be released when he has fully and unconditionally in 2 separate elections now and yet Kerry combats every attempt to see his full record? This guy is not fit to be president in so many ways. I wish people weren't blinded by hatred.

2. DKSuddeth

DKSuddeth Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    its going to suck for kerry, but the democrats screamed about open court records for ryan, it should apply to kerry. It will all depend on the massachussets courts ruling.

3. Palestinian Jew

Palestinian Jew Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Kerry will open his divorce records when Cheney reveals the names of his energy task force.

4. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    and when the white house fesses up to whatever dirtbag leaked the cia agent's cover to novak, the traitor...

5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Guess this is messing with your mind, huh?

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/06/30/o...00&en=ab54475416140727&ei=5062&partner=GOOGLE

6. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    respectfully, what does that have to do with a cia agent's idenity being revealed?

even if her husband was wrong (which he could be according to that article), did that warrant her cover being blown?

whoever did that is a traitor beyond belief, and the journalist who did it (novak) is a traitor as well.

7. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I agree with you that a cia agent should not be outed. The really confusing thing with this IS that everyone knew who she was and what she did. WHERE was the outing?

8. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    i didn't know, so it can't be everyone :D

seriously, where is that "everyone knew who she was"? i thought her front as some sort of lawyer or biz exec or something was good.

and, under no circumstances, should a journalist, columnist, newscaster, whatever they call themselves, ever reveal the identity of a CIA asset or CIA agent. people can get killed, but then again, when have journalists (from the right, center and left) cared in the past few years?

and a note, i do think this is very bad, not just for kerry but for all politicians. i don't think ryan did anything wrong other than be insensative and sexually adventuresome (in questionable moral territory for some).

of course, if kerry is forced to withdraw before the convention, i think edwards is the better CANDIDATE for the dems anyway, maybe not president, but CANDIDATE for sure. he connects with people, makes logical arguments and i have rarely seen him badly cater to the left left, perhaps just the same liberals like gephart who believe in some outdated economic philosophy and too much protectionism.

kerry is just a stand-in for all the hate people on the left have for bush and the discontent and uncertainity people in the center and right feel about bush. he just doesn't do it as a CANDIDATE.

9. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    We shall see but I think it would be a mistake for the Reps to go this route. Let Kerry squirm in his own guilt but muck raking such as this reflects poorly on the GOP. It's time to be positive and proud.