Ryan refuses to back down from False Statements.

So my question is: When Obama signed TARP WHY did GM close the plant?

In June of 2008 GM announced that they were going to close the plant. In addition, GM also announced that they bought out the pensions and contracts of the workers left at the facility, basically making it a finalized deal. Any workers there were on contract to leave and be payed for their pension and time left, long before Barack even set foot in the oval office.

The POTUS did not take a CEO leadership role of GM, the US government took a majority share of the company. It was impossible for him to "make" GM do anything.

Paul Ryan won't back down on statements branded as false - latimes.com

Maybe he and Mitt can begin rewriting History Books. It certainly has worked for Texas! When is a GOP liar a liar....evidently....Never???
All this was inspired by the principle— which is quite true in itself — that in the big lie there is always a certain force of credibility; because the broad masses of a nation are always more easily corrupted in the deeper strata of their emotional nature than consciously or voluntarily; and thus in the primitive simplicity of their minds they more readily fall victims to the big lie than the small lie, since they themselves often tell small lies in little matters but would be ashamed to resort to large-scale falsehoods. It would never come into their heads to fabricate colossal untruths, and they would not believe that others could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously.
- Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler....lol.

It's clear you little dweebs encourage your politicians to lie.

That's why it doesn't bother you when one of them dares to call their opposition liars with a straight face. Even when it is so ironic it makes a rational person shake their head with disgust.

Last edited:
OMG-not this one AGAIN!

Janesville GM Assembly Plant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

57 production employees continued assembly work at the Janesville Assembly until April 2009, completing the GM/Isuzu light truck partnership and then an additional 40 to 50 "skilled trade employees" worked to decommission the plant.

Timeline: President Obama's first term, 2009-2012

"Fritz Henderson, the new chief executive of General Motors, holds a news conference to discuss announcements made by President Barack Obama about the Task Force on Autos and U.S. Treasury's decisions on aid to the auto industry at GM World Headquarters in Detroit, Mich. Henderson replaced former GM chief executive Rick Wagoner who was forced out by the Obama administration. A month earlier, Obama signed the $700 billion stimulus package (known as the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009) into law"

Last day at GM -- GazetteXtra
Last day at GM
Photos of workers during GM's last day of SUV production.

Tuesday, Dec. 23, 2008
LastGMBannerLine_t715.jpg

Photo by: Bill Olmsted
Before the black Tahoe is driven off the line, a banner signed by employees at the Janesville GM plant is unfurled and photos are taken.

Good grief. The left has become completely unhinged. :rolleyes:

Here's Barack, on the stump IN PERSON, promising Janesville he'd fight for 'em. He didn't. THAT's the point Ryan was making... that the guy makes a bunch of empty-ass promises he doesn't back up.
[youtube]4TsV_Z0NPCA[/youtube]

Here's Barack, on the stump IN PERSON, promising Janesville he'd fight for 'em. He didn't. THAT's the point Ryan was making... that the guy makes a bunch of empty-ass promises he doesn't back up.

Did they retool? No. Lyin' Ryan is full of shit.

Nope. It's the Democrat Party that's full of shit. As usual, in their eagerness to deflect from the truth, they attempt to mislead the public. The salient point is that Barack Obama is a say-anything-to-get-elected kind of politician, the kind who will tell a bunch of factory workers who are desperate about keeping their jobs that he's going to prioritize them... and then doesn't.

“I’m not saying it was his decision” to close the Janesville plant, Ryan said of Obama, by way of explanation of his remarks, in a follow-up interview with CNN’s Wolf Blitzer. “I’m saying he came and made these promises, makes these commitments, and then none of them occur. These are empty promises that become broken promises and that’s the story of the Obama economy.”

cont... 'Gotcha!' On Ryan's GM-Plant Remark Ignores His Real Point - Forbes

Then, on the other hand, you've got Mitt Romney, who goes out of his way to keep track of the promises he's made, as witnessed by one of his former Massachusetts cabinet members, a Democrat even. See the 8:09 mark:
[youtube]J_cGyPwt5UI[/youtube]

Here's more from Jane Edmonds, former MA Secretary of Education, in her speech from the Republican National Convention:
[youtube]QcqPVEYKQEk[/youtube]

Nope. It's the Democrat Party that's full of shit. As usual, in their eagerness to deflect from the truth, they attempt to mislead the public. The salient point is that Barack Obama is a say-anything-to-get-elected kind of politician, the kind who will tell a bunch of factory workers who are desperate about keeping their jobs that he's going to prioritize them... and then doesn't.

“I’m not saying it was his decision” to close the Janesville plant, Ryan said of Obama, by way of explanation of his remarks, in a follow-up interview with CNN’s Wolf Blitzer. “I’m saying he came and made these promises, makes these commitments, and then none of them occur. These are empty promises that become broken promises and that’s the story of the Obama economy.”

Then, on the other hand, you've got Mitt Romney, who goes out of his way to keep track of the promises he's made, as witnessed by one of his former Massachusetts cabinet members, a Democrat even. See the 8:09 mark:

Here's more from Jane Edmonds, former MA Secretary of Education, in her speech from the Republican National Convention:

Lyin' Ryan repeats his lie of omission. He's pond scum. President Obama clearly premised his statement with "if you retool". Guess what. Thanks to the work of Obama, those GM plants that did retool are doing fine, and giving American automakers a living wage.

Like what you think matters......

HEY!! This is a liberal fantasy thread. Facts are not allowed. You are in violation of liberal rule number one. NEVER face facts

Your Koch sucking icon fits you good and it's plain to see why they do not let you out of the cave much. :clap2:

And who the fuck are you? The newest troll?

You KOch suckers are a wonder lol. It was your master Bush that created the TARP program Obama got stuck with but of course facts never get in the way of teabaggers and their anti American rants. :eusa_boohoo:

Lyin' Ryan repeats his lie of omission. He's pond scum. President Obama clearly premised his statement with "if you retool". Guess what. Thanks to the work of Obama, those GM plants that did retool are doing fine, and giving American automakers a living wage.

No they're not. They're losing market share:
General Motors Is Headed For Bankruptcy -- Again - Forbes
And... they're outsourcing jobs overseas:
Outsourcing Hypocrisy - Bob Beauprez - Townhall Finance Conservative Columnists and Financial Commentary

I'm kind of doubting that you actually checked the references I listed in my post before you responded. 4 minutes elapsed between my post, where I referenced two videos and a four-page article, and your return post. :rolleyes:

In fact GM was given a $10 million grant in 2004 to assist in retooling the Janesville plant. GM spent the money but didn't upgrade the plant as agreed.

<snip>

Last day at GM
Photos of workers during GM's last day of SUV production.

Tuesday, Dec. 23, 2008

Photo by: Bill Olmsted
Before the black Tahoe is driven off the line, a banner signed by employees at the Janesville GM plant is unfurled and photos are taken.

Yes, which ended that contract. They still had to fulfill an existing contract.

In June of 2008 GM announced that they were going to close the plant. In addition, GM also announced that they bought out the pensions and contracts of the workers left at the facility, basically making it a finalized deal. Any workers there were on contract to leave and be payed for their pension and time left, long before Barack even set foot in the oval office.

The POTUS did not take a CEO leadership role of GM, the US government took a majority share of the company. It was impossible for him to "make" GM do anything.

REALLY?
Obama couldn't 'make' them do anything?
GM CEO Resigns At Obama's Behest - CBS News

June 26, 2009
The Obama administration asked Rick Wagoner, the chairman and CEO of General Motors, to step down and he agreed, a White House official said.
GM CEO Resigns At Obama's Behest - CBS News

Obama certainly could have made GM retool the factory that Obama promised would stay open. It could have been a term of the Stim/ARRA of 2009.

OMG-not this one AGAIN!

Janesville GM Assembly Plant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

57 production employees continued assembly work at the Janesville Assembly until April 2009, completing the GM/Isuzu light truck partnership and then an additional 40 to 50 "skilled trade employees" worked to decommission the plant.

Timeline: President Obama's first term, 2009-2012

"Fritz Henderson, the new chief executive of General Motors, holds a news conference to discuss announcements made by President Barack Obama about the Task Force on Autos and U.S. Treasury's decisions on aid to the auto industry at GM World Headquarters in Detroit, Mich. Henderson replaced former GM chief executive Rick Wagoner who was forced out by the Obama administration. A month earlier, Obama signed the $700 billion stimulus package (known as the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009) into law"

Bush signed TARP. Obama was left with more than half of it to spend. The Stimulus was used to prop up unions and to obligate states in unaffordable entitlement programs.

The problem with not having a budget is money gets shifted around and nobody knows where it came from. Also, there is no deficit per say because you have to have a budget in order to have a deficit or a surplus.

Correct and Thanks!
I posted in haste... :redface:

One thing I am noticing in this thread is those who won't bother to check the facts resort to name calling.

How awesome that is!!

Of course he lied and his ardent followers swallowed them all and said "Please sir, may I have another?"

Lying is all they have.

What do they mean by "We" in "We built it"?
You're a liar.

Enjoy your dilemma.

factcheck.org, a project of the annenberg public policy center, found that ryan’s nomination acceptance speech last week in tampa, fla., “contained several false claims and misleading statements.” politifact, a project of the tampa bay times and other news organizations, faulted the speech for falsehoods as well.

ryan is a liar!

Forum List

Back