Ryan may be forced to leave speakership by summer

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Ryan will be known for a $trillion debt, after promises to eliminate it.

Paul Ryan said he plans to remain as speaker and not call an early leadership election, but well-wired Republicans tell Jonathan Swan and me that Ryan may be forced out sooner.

What we're hearing: One source close to leadership told us: "Scuttlebutt is that Paul will have to step down from speakership soon. Members won’t follow a lame duck, he’ll have no leverage to cut deals, and the last thing they need in this environment is 6 months of palace intrigue and everyone stabbing everyone else in the back."
<more>

Ryan will be known for a $trillion debt, after promises to eliminate it.

Paul Ryan said he plans to remain as speaker and not call an early leadership election, but well-wired Republicans tell Jonathan Swan and me that Ryan may be forced out sooner.

What we're hearing: One source close to leadership told us: "Scuttlebutt is that Paul will have to step down from speakership soon. Members won’t follow a lame duck, he’ll have no leverage to cut deals, and the last thing they need in this environment is 6 months of palace intrigue and everyone stabbing everyone else in the back."
<more>
GOOD! I want him gone NOW! The more we can get done now the better. Ryan is a piece of shit and has refused to back President Trump's agenda I want Scalise!

Forum List

Back