Rustin

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
This is a movie about the man who coordinated the March on Washington, when Dr. King gave his famous "I Have a Dream" speech. He was a very complex man.

It comes to Netflix on Nov. 17th, and as an added bonus, the company involved in producing this film is called Higher Ground (please check the link) :)

No thanks.....I remember five years after the march when I could see DC glowing red in the east from the MLK riot fires.
Actually, there wasn't any. It was a peaceful demonstration. So, peaceful that other black leaders like Malcolm X criticized it because it was a "picnic".

But, I get your point. Marching on Washington for mundane things like civil rights and jobs? Stupid. The only valid reason to set DC on fire is when the orange fuhrer lost the election, amIright?

This is a movie about the man who coordinated the March on Washington, when Dr. King gave his famous "I Have a Dream" speech. He was a very complex man.

It comes to Netflix on Nov. 17th, and as an added bonus, the company involved in producing this film is called Higher Ground (please check the link) :)

Thanks. Will look forward to it.

Actually, there wasn't any. It was a peaceful demonstration. So, peaceful that other black leaders like Malcolm X criticized it because it was a "picnic".

But, I get your point. Marching on Washington for mundane things like civil rights and jobs? Stupid. The only valid reason to set DC on fire is when the orange fuhrer lost the election, amIright?
Well for a ethnicity who's main leader at the time promoted peaceful protest, the blacks sure did not get the memo.

Ok, prove it. Prove that DC burned during that march. Go.
Even you are not that fuckin' dense are you....I said five years after.

No thanks.....I remember five years after the march when I could see DC glowing red in the east from the MLK riot fires.

History much?

Following the assassination of Martin Luther King Jr., a leading African-American civil rights activist, on April 4, 1968, Washington, D.C., experienced a four-day period of violent civil unrest and rioting. Part of the broader riots that affected at least 110 U.S. cities, those in Washington, D.C.—along with those in Chicago and in Baltimore—were among those with the greatest numbers of participants. -Wiki

Martin Luther King, Jr., who described riots as “the language of the unheard.”

King thought that this was the proper way to understand the race riots of his day, but he also denounced rioting in favor of nonviolent forms of protest.

Even you are not that fuckin' dense are you....I said five years after.

History much?

Following the assassination of Martin Luther King Jr., a leading African-American civil rights activist, on April 4, 1968, Washington, D.C., experienced a four-day period of violent civil unrest and rioting. Part of the broader riots that affected at least 110 U.S. cities, those in Washington, D.C.—along with those in Chicago and in Baltimore—were among those with the greatest numbers of participants. -Wiki
Apology. I did miss that line.

But, that's confusing. Why would you even bring it up in this context? We are talking about the famous march by MLK. Not, 5 years or ten years after that.

But, coming to your point about the riots when MLK was killed. You seriously do not get the rage of the Blacks when their leader was shot down? Really?

And yet, you idiots rioted and trashed the Capitol and were ready to hang Pence when all that happened was that your fuhrer lost the election. Talk about double standards.

Apology. I did miss that line.

But, that's confusing. Why would you even bring it up in this context? We are talking about the famous march by MLK. Not, 5 years or ten years after that.

But, coming to your point about the riots when MLK was killed. You seriously do not get the rage of the Blacks when their leader was shot down? Really?

And yet, you idiots rioted and trashed the Capitol and were ready to hang Pence when all that happened was that your fuhrer lost the election. Talk about double standards.

Sure. But you didn't answer my question. Guess it was just the usual garden-variety racism? Thoughts & prayers.

Same to ya! ;)

thoughts and prayers.jpg

Forum List

Back