Russians to Reopen Cold War Base in Cuba?

depotoo

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2012
A report that Russia will reopen a Havana base that eavesdropped on U.S. communications from Key West to Washington has triggered fresh warnings of Moscow’s expansionism and predictions of a continued freeze in U.S.-Cuba relations.Until its closure in 2002, the Lourdes base was Moscow’s largest intelligence facility abroad, with up to 1,500 KGB and GRU military intelligence officers manning an array of antennas and computers in the super-secret 28-square-mile base.Read more here: Report: Russia will reopen spy base in Cuba - Cuba - MiamiHerald.com

Report: Russia will reopen spy base in Cuba - Cuba - MiamiHerald.com

Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy living in south Florida.
Will they supply buk missile systems to Castro?

I would not be surprised. It wasn't that long ago a Russian spy ship was seen docked in Cuba.

Port project, airport terminal on table as Russia's Putin visits Cuba on Latin America tour | Star Tribune
Putin denies Russia to reopen Soviet-era spy post in Cuba
Russian spy ship visits Havana

so, which is it?
His security forces said they are, after Putin visited Cuba a week ago, and he says, a couple of days ago, no they aren't.

I do know they have had one of their spy ships show up in Cuba in the recent past. (Feb of this year) And now they have forgiven 90% of Cuba's debt to them, more than $35 billion, from the cold war era.

I believe there is an agenda behind it, Depotoo. Keep in mind that Putin tells lies. He is a communist and that is the fruit of communism. Deception hides in shallow waters. As they say, No place like hiding in plain sight.

They operate by means of deception. I have found news reports which later were claimed to be false. It came to me that perhaps they put the news out there for a wide circulation to inform those within their ranks throughout the world - then once that has been accomplished - they go back to the media and give a counter report denying the first - which brings confusion to one camp while delighting the other which recognizes the deception as coming from headquarters! It is a twisted company and they operate the way a serpent moves. First one way, then the other, hard to tell where it is going until it is prepared to strike.

Thank you again for these news links! Great reporting, Depotoo!

Mary O'Grady: Putin Restores a Cuban Beachhead - WSJ
another one for you, Jeremiah.

I believe there is an agenda behind it, Depotoo. Keep in mind that Putin tells lies. He is a communist and that is the fruit of communism. Deception hides in shallow waters. As they say, No place like hiding in plain sight.

They operate by means of deception. I have found news reports which later were claimed to be false. It came to me that perhaps they put the news out there for a wide circulation to inform those within their ranks throughout the world - then once that has been accomplished - they go back to the media and give a counter report denying the first - which brings confusion to one camp while delighting the other which recognizes the deception as coming from headquarters! It is a twisted company and they operate the way a serpent moves. First one way, then the other, hard to tell where it is going until it is prepared to strike.

Thank you again for these news links! Great reporting, Depotoo!

Forum List

Back