Russian Moon Lander Crashes

Russia's robot lander the Luna-25 spacecraft crashed into the moon after it had spun into uncontrolled orbit, the country’s space agency Roscosmos reported on Sunday.

Ay caramba!
I feel bad for all the Russian people, except Putin of course.

When I first heard about this probe the other day I turned to my wife and said this thing is not going to make it. They have a terrible record with surface landings.
They do. I think their Venus record is something like 5 out of 25.

When I first heard about this probe the other day I turned to my wife and said this thing is not going to make it. They have a terrible record with surface landings.
They landed a probe on the surface of Venus decades ago, and it sent back images. Pretty impressive.

I wish our space program would get back to bring great again. Without Elon it would be in complete disarray. NASA spends way too much time searching for “life” where none can exist. They should be searching for usable resources so we can start mining, manufacturing, and building in space.

They landed a probe on the surface of Venus decades ago, and it sent back images. Pretty impressive.

I wish our space program would get back to bring great again. Without Elon it would be in complete disarray. NASA spends way too much time searching for “life” where none can exist. They should be searching for usable resources so we can start mining, manufacturing, and building in space.
I've been a space nut since I watched Armstrong step off that ladder. It's exciting and all but the problems of living and working in space may never be solved in a cost effective manner. Space is for robots.

Hmmm ... What a bad luck that the moon is not a very little asteroid much far from Earth. In this case the Japanese had been able to help the Russians.

Forum List

Back