Russian Jets keeps flying in VERY close proximity to US aircraft. Why?

BasicHumanUnit

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2013
Everywhere needed
American military so far has shrugged it off as Russian braggadocio and confident that American warplanes can "handle" any Russian threat. That over-confidence is dangerous.

Has anyone considered that maybe, just maybe the Russians are using some sort of advanced scanning devices to find weaknesses and homing points on US aircraft and they need to get very close to do so?
They may even be getting some sort of images and identification of onboard devices, materials and systems.

The Russians work with the Chinese but we are used to Russian planes flying close to American military aircraft.

Why the military continues to allow Russian jets to fly within a few feet of American military aircraft is beyond me. They should know better.

The Chinese are working on ALL KINDS of advanced electronic surveillance systems and especially quantum devices that the US lags in and these Russian jets flying right up alongside our military aircraft is probably allowing them to make some kinds of scans we are not yet aware of.

Note that NONE of Russias most advanced aircraft are making these approaches....that should be a hint.

It should be prevented not only for the safety of our pilots and aircraft...but also to protect our military secrets.

American military so far has shrugged it off as Russian braggadocio and confident that American warplanes can "handle" any Russian threat. That over-confidence is dangerous.

Has anyone considered that maybe, just maybe the Russians are using some sort of advanced scanning devices to find weaknesses and homing points on US aircraft and they need to get very close to do so?
They may even be getting some sort of images and identification of onboard devices, materials and systems.

The Russians work with the Chinese but we are used to Russian planes flying close to American military aircraft.

Why the military continues to allow Russian jets to fly within a few feet of American military aircraft is beyond me. They should know better.

The Chinese are working on ALL KINDS of advanced electronic surveillance systems and especially quantum devices that the US lags in and these Russian jets flying right up alongside our military aircraft is probably allowing them to make some kinds of scans we are not yet aware of.

Note that NONE of Russias most advanced aircraft are making these approaches....that should be a hint.

It should be prevented not only for the safety of our pilots and aircraft...but also to protect our military secrets.

There is the other side of the story too. You probably haven't been told about that. This the latest:

Russian Su-27 warns off NATO F-16 trying to approach defense minister’s plane over Baltic (VIDEO)

There is the other side of the story too. You probably haven't been told about that. This the latest:

Russian Su-27 warns off NATO F-16 trying to approach defense minister’s plane over Baltic (VIDEO)

It was in the article, I doubt the F-16 pilot was worried about the Su-27...he took his time flying off

It was in the article, I doubt the F-16 pilot was worried about the Su-27...he took his time flying off

I'll ask my Grandpa about it when I get a chance. He'll know

What are you saying? Bomb them if they approach within so many meters? We seem to not like that solution for some reason.

Has anyone considered that maybe...

Have you considered that maybe U.S. military officials are not telling the public everything about how they perceive the Russians' actions and what they are doing about it?

What do you suggest, fire on them and start WWIII? This type of flyby has been done by both sides since the second world war. Back when I was in we used to wave to each other when we flew by.

Forum List

Back